Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cats or Dogs?

Go down 
+21
Schbopo
nevermore
the sentinel
Mortuary
DallasBlack
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
mc666
Stender
thejokeriv
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
MoonChild
XYZ
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Cats or Dogs?
Cats
cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Vote_lcap59%cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 59% [ 19 ]
Dogs
cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Vote_lcap41%cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage

cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:30 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I just came back from my mom's house and her cat is in bad shape. They think he has some sort of thyroid problem but can't afford any of the treatments availiable to them. So they make his life as comfortable as possible. Poor guy is nothing but skin and bones (when you pet him you can feel the contours of his skull, neck, shoulders, back and ribs). Despite all this he eats real good (about a can and a half a day of wet food, constant supply of dry, and many table scraps but doesn't gain any weight. When hes not sleeping on my mom's lap hes standing there staring into space and swaying slightly back and forth. Very sad, but he is 13 years old so this kind of stuff is what comes with the territory.

That just happened to one of my friend's cats recently, it's most likely liver failure (very similar symptoms). Sorry to hear about that, they can become like family members.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   cats - Cats or Dogs? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:08 pm

detuned wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I just came back from my mom's house and her cat is in bad shape. They think he has some sort of thyroid problem but can't afford any of the treatments availiable to them. So they make his life as comfortable as possible. Poor guy is nothing but skin and bones (when you pet him you can feel the contours of his skull, neck, shoulders, back and ribs). Despite all this he eats real good (about a can and a half a day of wet food, constant supply of dry, and many table scraps but doesn't gain any weight. When hes not sleeping on my mom's lap hes standing there staring into space and swaying slightly back and forth. Very sad, but he is 13 years old so this kind of stuff is what comes with the territory.

That just happened to one of my friend's cats recently, it's most likely liver failure (very similar symptoms). Sorry to hear about that, they can become like family members.

My male cat (Hannibal) also had very similar symptoms like that - Damn chinese vets tried sucking money out of me by claiming it was cancer - We ended up concluding that it was some form of diabete's, and he was fed special diabetic food - After a couple of monthes, he was back in shape. But it was really scary the first month when he lost nearly half his weight.
Back to top Go down

Cats or Dogs?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4