Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dogs proven superior to cats.

Go down 
+14
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
XYZ
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Schbopo
Orion Crystal Ice
SAHB Healer
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Dogs proven superior to cats. Empty
PostSubject: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:26 pm

A recent study published by New Scientist magazine claims to prove that Dogs are superior pets compared to Cats according to a study invloving 11 different "scientific" criteria. "Dogs showed greater ability to understand commands, problem solve, and were generally more helpful" it was said.

My take on this is that since the study also suggested that Cats "overall had more powerful brains" than Dogs, that the Cats undersand commands just fine, they just usually decide not to comply with the command.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm

hey, guess what never happened? that^
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 pm

cats > dogs
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm

You nailed it SAHB.

Cats understand commands just as well as dogs; they just decide which commands they choose to obey.

I've lived with both species and trust me, cats know damn well what you're saying; they just choose whether or not to listen to you.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Gee - it took a study to figure that out?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 pm

This is why I love cats. They are so much like me. Independence rules!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 pm

I am a dog person, even though I also have an evil kitty. The cat and dog love each other and hang out. The cat gives the dog a cat bath.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I am a dog person, even though I also have an evil kitty. The cat and dog love each other and hang out. The cat gives the dog a cat bath.

The cat I had growing up used to do that too; he'd groom the dog.

Ten minutes later, she'd be chasing him around and he'd be hissing. They were just like my brother and I; friends one minute and fighting the next.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:05 am

SUCK IT, CAT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Dogs proven superior to cats. 84826
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 am

I'm a total cat person. I'm allergic to shorthair cats, but not longhair - which is cool.

Here's my two babies. London is the purebreed Ragdoll and the gray one is Twilight.

Dogs proven superior to cats. 003

Dogs proven superior to cats. 005

Dogs proven superior to cats. 070
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:35 am

Here's the thing:

When there's a dog in the middle of the road, you swerve to miss it. When a cat's in the road, people aim for them.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:38 am

XYZ wrote:
Here's the thing:

When there's a dog in the middle of the road, you swerve to miss it. When a cat's in the road, people aim for them.

Dogs proven superior to cats. 308838 Dogs proven superior to cats. 37951 Dogs proven superior to cats. 47715 Dogs proven superior to cats. 352445
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 am

XYZ wrote:
Here's the thing:

Dogs proven superior to cats. 201269
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:20 am

I have one cat and one dog, and I like'em both equally. From a maintenance standpoint, the cat has the edge though. I don't have to walk the cat and I don't have to clean up piles of "kitty bombs" off the front lawn every day.

This makes me think of an old joke from a Freak Brothers comic book... Fat Freddy (yes, my namesake) is arguing about cats vs. dogs with a guy in a bar:

Fat Freddy: "I like cats. Dogs are fascists."
Guy: "That's a ridiculous statement. How can you know a dog's politics?"
Fat Freddy: "Have you ever seen a police CAT?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 am

I like both cats and dogs but dogs can be more annoying sometimes... Our dog acts like a baby even though she is 13+ in age.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 am

I have 4 dogs and 3 cats. Pros and cons for both. Dogs are very loyal and loving but destructive (2 of ours are 6 months old and have chewed the crap out of stuff-all my wife's Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_lol). Cats seem to be a bit standoffish unless it's feeding time plus I hate cleaning out litter boxes (at least during the winter,the rest of the year they stay outside). They do keep the vermin population down (we live in a semi-rural area)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:43 am

007 wrote:
I have 4 dogs and 3 cats. Pros and cons for both. Dogs are very loyal and loving but destructive (2 of ours are 6 months old and have chewed the crap out of stuff-all my wife's Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_lol). Cats seem to be a bit standoffish unless it's feeding time plus I hate cleaning out litter boxes (at least during the winter,the rest of the year they stay outside). They do keep the vermin population down (we live in a semi-rural area)

My cat (and the one that died) have been far more disctructive than my dog!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:44 am

I prefer dogs over cats, but it really depends on how the Chinese resturant down the road prepares them. Poodles give me indigestion.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 am

Dogs rule and cats drool, period!

Cat's are LAME
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 am

T-Roy wrote:
Dogs rule and cats drool, period!

Cat's are LAME

You don't have to lie for me master...
Dogs proven superior to cats. Jiu_rf_photo_of_drooling_chocolate_lab
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 pm

I suppose if I wasn't very, very allergic to cats I'd like them more.

Dogs. My kids will outgrow their opinion of me as the coolest human alive. My dog never did. RIP Angel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Dogs proven superior to cats. Img_1110Dogs proven superior to cats. Img_1110I love both but dogs do have this slavish need to ingratiate themselves by sticking their nose in your crotch I could do without. And dogs under 25 lbs don't qualify. My cat is a Maine Coone and weighs 20.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:21 pm

[quote="TheNazgul"]Dogs proven superior to cats. Img_1110Dogs proven superior to cats. Img_1110 And dogs under 25 lbs don't qualify. quote]

Now this is true for the most part. They are just different cats when they're that small.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
My take on this is that since the study also suggested that Cats "overall had more powerful brains" than Dogs, that the Cats undersand commands just fine, they just usually decide not to comply with the command.

I would say the difference is that dogs are pack animals and cats aren't. That has a big effect on how they relate to others and how they show their affection and loyalty.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:15 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Dogs proven superior to cats. Img_1110Dogs proven superior to cats. Img_1110I love both but dogs do have this slavish need to ingratiate themselves by sticking their nose in your crotch I could do without. And dogs under 25 lbs don't qualify. My cat is a Maine Coone and weighs 20.
He's awesome! FATSO!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs proven superior to cats.   Dogs proven superior to cats. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dogs proven superior to cats.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next