Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 2:41 pm

Nothing to say…just wanted to be the 1000th post in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Happy Birthday to the late Nick Menza. He was a great drummer!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dave-mustaine-wishes-late-megadeth-drummer-nick-menza-happy-58th-birthday-in-heaven
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 8:27 pm

He was indeed a great drummer. Sad that he's gone.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 11:12 pm

He was such a great drummer. Sad he passed so young.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28434

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 5:13 pm

I dig both of the new songs released from the upcoming album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 12:46 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 1:34 pm

New album is out. Anyone got it yet?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 1:37 pm

Listening to it right now. So far, so good. I am only on track 5 though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 3:59 pm

Damn it, I totally forgot that this album came out today...

I'll be down by Walmart in a little while so even though I know it'll prob be a waste of time, I guess I'll run in in and see if they have it. Maybe I'll get lucky. If not, it'll have to wait for another day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 5:34 pm

I pre-ordered it exactly a week ago from Amazon as a “add-on” to qualify for free shipping. Smile  

It’s scheduled to be delivered today!  headbanger

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28434

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 7:08 pm

I pre-ordered the new album earlier in the week and received notification it has been shipped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 11:01 pm

My copy came today. It’s excellent! This album may be the best since Rust in Peace. I like it better than Endgame. Kiko and Dirk are great additions to the band. Steve DiGiorgio also did a fantastic job on bass (very good production too).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 11:13 pm

No Deth CDs at Wal-Mart ... boo.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 pm

This album puts Metallica to shame. Big time!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 11:56 pm

Can't wait for my copy. I don't want to listen to any of the songs in the meantime.

Want it to be a total surprise.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 9:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
No Deth CDs at Wal-Mart ... boo.

You got a Target near you? That's where I got mine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 4:36 pm

I wish I got the exclusive Target version. It has the Sammy Hagar cover. I don’t care for the DK’s Police Truck track… so I can skip the full deluxe edition.

I’ll probably go to Target and buy their copy and still keep my basic Amazon one too! LOL
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Here’s a review.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 10:43 pm

Quote :

Tried Target tonight. No luck there either. Pffft!

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 12:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Tried Target tonight. No luck there either. Pffft!

Don't you have a shop called Sound Exchange in your area? They most likely have it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 10:36 am

Quote :
Don't you have a shop called Sound Exchange in your area? They most likely have it.

Im sure they would, but they're just far enough away that going there requires making a special trip and going out of my way, and this isn't really worth all that trouble. Sooo, fuck it, I'll just order it from Amazon or whatever Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 11:12 pm

I have been trying to like this. I have heard 5 tracks so far now and I just don't know. I haven't cared for Megadeth is a LONG time. So Far So Good was the last album I ever liked from them and that is their best to me!! I haven't bought a Megadeth album since. I have been listening to the new one on YouTube so I didn't spend money on something like this and Megadeth were never that important to me. I'll keep trying.

I agree with you TZ!! WAY better than Metallica, but that's not hard to do these days!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 11:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I have been trying to like this. I have heard 5 tracks so far now and I just don't know. I haven't cared for Megadeth is a LONG time. So Far So Good was the last album I ever liked from them and that is their best to me!! I haven't bought a Megadeth album since. I have been listening to the new one on YouTube so I didn't spend money on something like this and Megadeth were never that important to me. I'll keep trying.

I agree with you TZ!! WAY better than Metallica, but that's not hard to do these days!! LOL

I think about four songs on this new album are very good and aggressive. “Life in Hell” is probably my current favorite! The rest is solid… the only song I don’t care for much is “Mission to Mars”. It’s super goofy!

Don’t get me wrong about Metallica. I love the first three albums with Cliff Burton! Justice is okay too.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 2:05 am

When I was saying better than Metallica, I meant anything in the last 20 + years. Those 1st 3 are classics. Same with Megadeth. 1st 3 are classics. Then both bands never changed their diapers and they've gotten shittier since. Megadeth not as bad.

So back to this album, so far it's the best they have done since So Far So Good.

I have heard/read a few reviews and they are all praising this album. I'll keep listening. I am still giving it a break until tomorrow (Labor Day). Gotta listen with fresh ears.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 4:52 pm

New Megadeth is okay, but it's not memorable. Cool when it's on, but it lacks hooks BIG TIME, so you just forget it. I know thrash isn't exactly known for catchy hooks, but the best thrash bands have them, in my opinion. Megadeth used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 41 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next