Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The official King's X thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm ready for KXM....I'll buy anything dUg puts out...

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm still hoping for another King's X album at some point. As much as I've enjoyed many of these side projects over the years I really think there is some magic that happens when Dug, Ty & Jerry get together that can't be duplicated with any other lineup.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm still hoping for another King's X album at some point.  As much as I've enjoyed many of these side projects over the years I really think there is some magic that happens when Dug, Ty & Jerry get together that can't be duplicated with any other lineup.
I agree. I like and own all the side projects, but there's something magical about King's X.

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Kings X rules   headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm still hoping for another King's X album at some point.  As much as I've enjoyed many of these side projects over the years I really think there is some magic that happens when Dug, Ty & Jerry get together that can't be duplicated with any other lineup.
This - really hoping for a new King's X album in the near future!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Anybody hear if Dug and Bruce Franklin ever plan on doing another Supershine album?

That is easily my favorite Dug side project CD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Curious to hear how the KXM project will differ sound-wise from the Pinnick, Gales, Pridgen project. Less bluesy? Heavier rock?

Interesting.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Sounds promising!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Svengo wrote:
Anybody hear if Dug and Bruce Franklin ever plan on doing another Supershine album?

That is easily my favorite Dug side project CD.
I listened to that album yesterday for the first time in about 5 years. I liked it very much.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 am

From the KX Facebook page:

King's X wrote:
dUg Pinnick had to be rushed to the hospital last night after our show and is going to require further surgery and recovery from his hernia. We regret we will not be able to play the show tonight in Springfield, Virginia. We'll keep you posted on dUg's health. Thank you to everyone who came out to our shows the last couple of nights and to those who were planning to come tonight!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:24 am

Wow, hoping it's not serious.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
If it's hernia related, it's serious. People I know who went said he had to sit down and let the crowd sing the last 2 songs, then had to be helped out of the meet and greet to be rushed to the hospital. If the surgery he had recently is having complications, that's not good.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:29 pm

I think it depends on the type of hernia but if it's related to the surgery, yeah, that could be bad.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
If it's hernia related, it's serious. People I know who went said he had to sit down and let the crowd sing the last 2 songs, then had to be helped out of the meet and greet to be rushed to the hospital. If the surgery he had recently is having complications, that's not good.
I was at the show and you could just tell that he was in some serious pain!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Get better dUg..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:23 am

New jam from Ty's upcoming album, Nobody Wins When Nobody Plays.

Excellent tune. Album comes out December 16.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:11 am

Ty seems to be injecting some more groove and edge into his solo stuff...I noticed it on the last one and especially on this track.

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 pm

I'll be interested to check it out. I like Tabor's solo stuff but generally I end up liking about half of each album, I put together a little compilation playlist in iTunes of the tracks from his solo albums that I dig.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 pm

He had to move..........
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:54 pm

New Ty song sounds great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:33 am

Why is this not in the HoM subforum? Question 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:39 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:

No idea, but I'm tired of moving things and then hearing people bitch about it, so it can stay where it is.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

No idea, but I'm tired of moving things and then hearing people bitch about it, so it can stay where it is.

Well, if your moderating made sense maybe people wouldn't bitch. =)
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Well, if your moderating made sense maybe people wouldn't bitch. =)

Jesus Chrysler says "HI".
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:20 am

Megaforce Records will release GRINDER BLUES' self-titled debut album on August 19. The powerhouse trio teams KING'S X legend Doug Pinnick with two gritty, hard-rocking (and Emmy-winning) roots music MVPs, Jabo Bihlman on guitar and vocals and Scot "Little" Bihlman on drums, percussion and vocals.

"Grinder Blues" is like a shot of adrenaline to the heart of the genre. Its 10 original, high-voltage songs sizzle with daredevil virtuosity and rock with unrestrained energy, blasting a sound minted in the urban canyons of Chicago and the swamps of rural Louisiana during the 1950s into the present thanks to rumbling guitars, freight train rhythms and Pinnick's virtuoso licks and elegantly gritty rock 'n' soul voice.

"The idea for the music was to stay away from the clichés and rock out," Doug explains. "If we felt like we were heading into any songs that seemed like standard blues lyrically or musically, we made it a point to veer in the opposite direction."

"Doug was particularly enthusiastic about moving into the blues; it's a whole new direction for him," says Scot, who, like his brother Jabo, is a longstanding fan of Doug's work.

"A heavy, twisted take on the blues is something we all felt Doug was born to do. He's the most soulful vocalist, a blues singer, really," adds Jabo. "Even with KING'S X and his other projects, it's always Doug's soulful, thundering vocals that push the music over the top."

Produced by Miles Fulwider and Barry Mork, with mixing by Miles, Barry and Doug, "Grinder Blues" was written collaboratively by the band. Pinnick aimed to keep the music "simple and fun," while exploring new directions. The lyrics are traditional, an homage to the old blues heroes who came before them. Recorded almost entirely in a drop-C tuning, the band "wanted the sound to be unique and heavy, like nothing anyone had ever heard in the blues vein," says Jabo.

"The whole production angle we took was to push some boundaries sonically and musically that one associates with 'the blues' or 'rock n' roll,'" says Fulwider. "We set out to pull and push typical blues 'axioms' to see what we could come up with on the other side."

GRINDER BLUES will be on tour in 2014.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next