Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The official King's X thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Do you have b-side "Blind" from Dug's last album?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Probably...I gotta check when I get home.

You mean from "Strum Sum Up"?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Actualy, no...I don't. But I will remedy that from iTunes tonight. headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

James B. wrote:
I listen to "Out of The Silent Planet" thru "Dogman" on a regular basis. "Ear Candy" on occasion. Not too much afterwards.

I burnt myself out so badly on those records that when I do get in a King's X mood I generally grab something from the post-Atlantic years. My favorites are Manic Moonlight and Ogre Tones.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 pm

James, Ogre Tones is a great listen.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 am

Ogre Tones is fantastic!

When I run across people who don't know King's X, the 3 records I always recommend are:

Gretchen Goes To Nebraska
Dogman
Ogre Tones

They are the 3 records that, IMO, define King's X.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Yes, and I always say to skip Please Come Mr. Bulbous Head until you've heard everything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Yes, and I always say to skip Please Come Mr. Bulbous Head until you've heard everything else.

There is some good material on that album, as you said not a good introduction for the uninitiated, but still worthwhile. I saw that tour and it was fantastic. She's Gone Away is one of my favorite tunes.

The only King's X album I recommend avoiding is Black Like Sunday, most of that material should have stayed on the shelf where it belonged.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

There is some good material on that album, as you said not a good introduction for the uninitiated, but still worthwhile. I saw that tour and it was fantastic. She's Gone Away is one of my favorite tunes.

The only King's X album I recommend avoiding is Black Like Sunday, most of that material should have stayed on the shelf where it belonged.

Yeah, BLS is my least-favorite...but even it has a couple of cool songs. The last time I saw them was on the Manic Moonlight tour...

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:47 pm

I saw the Ogre Tones tour, it was great, they played the entire album (although the sequencing was different). I had tickets to see the XV tour but I got the flu and was unable to attend.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Mr. Bulbous is a pretty big change for them, i've come to appreciate it but if you start there it might set you up for disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Mr. Bulbous is a pretty big change for them, i've come to appreciate it but if you start there it might set you up for disappointment.

I thought Manic Moonlight was an even bigger change, honestly.

I really wish I had caught the King's X/Extreme tour in Charlotte. If they play NC again, I am not missing it.

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Manic Moonlight is my favorite post-Atlantic King's X album, I love the more experimental nature.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
Manic Moonlight is my favorite post-Atlantic King's X album, I love the more experimental nature.

Yeah, I like it too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Actualy, no...I don't. But I will remedy that from iTunes tonight. headbanger
Yeah, I randomly stumbled across it the other day. Had no idea it existed until then.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
James B. wrote:
I listen to "Out of The Silent Planet" thru "Dogman" on a regular basis. "Ear Candy" on occasion. Not too much afterwards.

I burnt myself out so badly on those records that when I do get in a King's X mood I generally grab something from the post-Atlantic years. My favorites are Manic Moonlight and Ogre Tones.
Manic Moonlight is also my favorite. That one is absurdly underrated. "Static" might be my favorite King's X tune. Though that's a really hard thing to determine.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Damn!

What a great clashing of styles. Excellent tune. And Dug is totally drunk. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Damn!

What a great clashing of styles. Excellent tune. And Dug is totally drunk. Haha.

Damn is right...that is smoking!! (And so is dUg, most likely... lol! )

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Damn!

Damn is right...that is smoking!! (And so is dUg, most likely... lol! )

That is one of the best songs I've heard in a good long while!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 am

Rare to see a beer in dUg's hand [at least it is a Heinie!!]. But what a collaberation of left-handed potheads! Is this being released for real? Ep? LP? DL only? That slayed!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 am

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/01/23/pinnick-gales-and-pridgen-jam-it-out-in-new-hang-on-big-brother-music-video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Metalsucks+(MetalSucks)

Answered that question quickly. Feb 12! Psyched!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:03 pm

So Dug's new album, Naked, is available on CD. On his site or the label's, whichever is selling it (I forget), it's like $20. Way too much. On Amazon, though, it's about $10. I was unaware there was a CD version because Dug keeps promoting the digital version and he never answers important questions, like: "Is there a CD version?"

Lame.

Anyway, it's a solid album. Much better than I expected. The samples didn't do a whole for me, but maybe that had to do with him being half naked with his junk bulging in his pants in those videos. Bit of a turn off, I guess. Haha. But it's a really good album.

Jerry's got a new one coming out, too.

His first one is outstanding. Very different from what the other guys do. Sounds like this one is going to be different, too.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:13 pm

I love love love this band. I saw them live in 2009 on the XV tour. Amazing live band. My favorite albums by them are Gretchen, Dogman & XV.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Since this seems to be the All Things King's X and Side-Projects thread:

Quote :
KXM, the new project featuring drummer Ray Luzier (KORN), bassist/vocalist Doug Pinnick (KING'S X) and guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, DOKKEN), has inked a deal with Rat Pak Records.

A trailer featuring the song "Gun Fight" from KXM's forthcoming debut release can be seen below. In this introductory trailer, the KXM bandmembers describe how they came together, the meaning behind the name KXM and they give us a glimpse into their stellar songwriting ability.

That's a great tune. Killer drum work.

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next