Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

The official King's X thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am

It's a good thing I keep my credit card locked up...haha! I'd be all over that site...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's a good thing I keep my credit card locked up...haha! I'd be all over that site...

They accept PayPal payments. silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 am

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They accept PayPal payments. silent

ARGH!!! angry
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 pm

I know I'm just preaching to the choir here, but King's X RULES! I've seen this band play live the most of any band I've ever seen-6 times. Each show was awesome and I can't wait to see them again! Their first 2 albums are still my faves, but Dogman, Tapehead, and XV are phenomenal listens in their own right! All hail the X! 🤘 humble
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I know I'm just preaching to the choir here, but King's X RULES! I've seen this band play live the most of any band I've ever seen-6 times. Each show was awesome and I can't wait to see them again! Their first 2 albums are still my faves, but Dogman, Tapehead, and XV are phenomenal listens in their own right! All hail the X! 🤘 humble

Yes, they pretty much rule. I concur.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Yes, they pretty much rule. I concur.
I'm so glad you concur with me, good sir. BTW, Garvey was an awesome ballplayer! Go Dodgers(whenever they're not playing the Braves).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 pm

I've seen them 6 times myself...my favorite band ever!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:39 pm

I've seen them 9 times, also my favorite band of all time (along with Black Sabbath).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Oh, mingus! I'll have to second and third that sentiment. King's X is better than fresh Nova Lox, Spanish Olives and Cream Cheese on a Sunday morning with a hangover and nice, stacked 20-something laying right next to ya. Yep, that good. Whadaya'll think about the latest from The X?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Whadaya'll think about the latest from The X?

I like all their albums, but both Ogre Tones (2005) and XV (2008) are the tightest and most focused they've released since the late 90's. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah! These guys are just awesome, and not just from a musical standpoint as they are about the coolest three guys you'll ever meet.
I've probably seen these guys at least 30 times over the years and not only are they "on" more than most groups I know that tour that much they still always stick around to talk to you afterward about their music or whatever else you want to talk about. Even when they put out material that I feel is mediocre in comparison to what they are capable of it's still better than 90% of rock music out there.

Then you've got all the various side projects these guys are involved in of which some my favorites are: Supershine, Platypus, and The Jelly Jam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:14 pm

More US tour dates announced (more to be confirmed later)

5/28/2009 San Antonio, TX @ Jack's
5/29/2009 Helotes, TX @ Jasobi's Warehouse
5/30/2009 Houston, TX @ The Meridian
6/01/2009 Austin, TX @ Red Eye Fly
6/02/2009 El Paso, TX @ Club 101
6/04/2009 San Diego, CA @ Brick by Brick
6/05/2009 Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
6/06/2009 Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theater
6/13/2009 Denver, CO @ Owsley’s Golden Road
6/20/2009 Fargo, ND @ Venue At The Hub
6/24/2009 Des Moines, IA @ Brick House
6/26/2009 Milwaukee, WI @ Shank Hall
6/28/2009 Mt Clemmens, MI @ Freedom Festival
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:24 pm

I'll try to make the Galaxy theater date. I haven't seen them since their Tapehead tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Unfortunately no NW dates. I've only seen them 3 times but they were incredible each time. The only album I couldn't really get into was Bulbous Head.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 pm

detuned wrote:
More US tour dates announced (more to be confirmed later)

5/28/2009 San Antonio, TX @ Jack's
5/29/2009 Helotes, TX @ Jasobi's Warehouse
5/30/2009 Houston, TX @ The Meridian
6/01/2009 Austin, TX @ Red Eye Fly
6/02/2009 El Paso, TX @ Club 101
6/04/2009 San Diego, CA @ Brick by Brick
6/05/2009 Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
6/06/2009 Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theater
6/13/2009 Denver, CO @ Owsley’s Golden Road
6/20/2009 Fargo, ND @ Venue At The Hub
6/24/2009 Des Moines, IA @ Brick House
6/26/2009 Milwaukee, WI @ Shank Hall
6/28/2009 Mt Clemmens, MI @ Freedom Festival
Thanks, D! Are you gonna attend that Austin show? I sure hope they add a GA date!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 pm

detuned wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

I like all their albums, but both Ogre Tones (2005) and XV (2008) are the tightest and most focused they've released since the late 90's. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Agreed on XV! 10/10 and my 5th fave KX disc so far!
1.Gretchen
2.Planet
3.Dogman
4.Tapehead
5.XV

BTW, I've seen this band play more times live than any other band I've seen!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've seen them 6 times myself...my favorite band ever!!!!
Same number of times here, bro! The official King's X thread - Page 3 505193 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

detuned wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

I have not heard Orge Tones yet, but I can 100% agree that XV is their most focused release in years, too bad metal fans, hell rock fans in general do not give this band more attention.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:52 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

I have not heard Orge Tones yet, but I can 100% agree that XV is their most focused release in years, too bad metal fans, hell rock fans in general do not give this band more attention.
Mr. Bulbous 5/10 The worst KX disc EVER, IMO.
Manic Moonlight 8.5/10
Ogretones 9/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Unfortunately no NW dates. I've only seen them 3 times but they were incredible each time.

They haven't confirmed all the dates yet, so I expect the list to continue growing.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:56 pm

detuned wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Unfortunately no NW dates. I've only seen them 3 times but they were incredible each time.

They haven't confirmed all the dates yet, so I expect the list to continue growing.
If they play a GA date or anywhere within a 2-hour drive, I fully attend to be there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:56 pm

I hope there's some NW dates . I haven't been to a concert in almost three years as I live in the boondocks now but i'd drive to see those guys.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:57 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Ok, I hope so. I haven't been to a concert in almost three years as I live in the boondocks now but i'd drive to see those guys.
Man, are you ever overdue for a live music fix, my friend! very happy Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Word. I used to live in Portland but we moved to the east side of Washington almost three years ago to work on a troubled boys ranch. Oh, I did see Foreigner at the state fair this summer, or what passes for them these days but it wasn't the same.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Hope they hit Jaxx in Springfield, VA again!!!! They usually do!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next