Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

The official King's X thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:19 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Thanks, D! Are you gonna attend that Austin show? I sure hope they add a GA date!

I'll be going to both the San Antonio & Austin gigs. I haven't missed a tour since 1990 and I don't intend to start now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Hope they hit Jaxx in Springfield, VA again!!!! They usually do!!!

I have, I believe, at least 4 boots from shows at Jaxx. They do dig that club!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm

They even did that live streaming thing on the web a few years ago there.

Last edited by SAXON1500 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yes they do!!! One of the shows I was at, they palned until after 3:00am - the power had gone earlier and they couldn't go on until almost 1 in the morning!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yes they do!!! One of the shows I was at, they palned until after 3:00am - the power had gone earlier and they couldn't go on until almost 1 in the morning!!!!!

Worth the wait, I am sure!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Worth the wait, I am sure!!

Yes it was!!!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:53 pm

I'm so envious of you US peoples who get to see this band live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, but has Cold Chisel or Jimmy Barnes ever toured the U.S.? [Still kicking myself for missing the last Midnight Oil tour. Bands should TELL YOU when they are going to break up!!!]
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Yeah, but has Cold Chisel or Jimmy Barnes ever toured the U.S.? [Still kicking myself for missing the last Midnight Oil tour. Bands should TELL YOU when they are going to break up!!!]

They came out of retirement a few weeks ago to play the Sound Relief concert for the Bushfire victims........don't hold your breath for anymore of that, Peter Garrett is the Environment Minister here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Yeah, I know. Peter said there was zero chance of any signifigant reunion/tour. And like Bob Mould, when Pete says something, he ain't talkin' crap. But you still have the odd chance of MO getting together for benefits and such. They'll do those 2 dates every year or two, Aussie benefit shows until they all kick off. I hate my ex-wife, but envy her for re-marrying an Aussie and moving to Perth for that reason only!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
And like Bob Mould, when Pete says something, he ain't talkin' crap.

Alot of people would argue about that now since his become a polly and supposedly "Sold Out" .....alot of the media were scrutinizing the lyrics to MO songs and saying how can he sing this and that now when he doesn't stand for these things anymore. Of course this is typical media bullsh*t and it's own "Tall Poppy Syndrome" problem.

SAXON1500 wrote:
I hate my ex-wife, but envy her for re-marrying an Aussie and moving to Perth for that reason only!!

Seriously, so she could see them. Although she moved to the wrong city........Perth is so isolated alot of Australian's ignore it including musicians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Peter Garrett has 30 years of truth to back him. Whomever are his polical opposites will always try to smear a good man. But anyone without 20 VB's in them should be able to see through the media bs.

And, yeah, Perth. Still not far enough from Minneapolis where I'm concerned. Thing is though, when I took her to Oz for 4 months in '94, I think she got a taste for it. So, it's not all bad.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Perth has to be a great city, that is where Bon Scott was born and where the great man is buried.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:35 pm

detuned wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Thanks, D! Are you gonna attend that Austin show? I sure hope they add a GA date!

I'll be going to both the San Antonio & Austin gigs. I haven't missed a tour since 1990 and I don't intend to start now!
Right on! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Updated list of tour dates (NW shows have been added by the way)

5/28/2009 San Antonio, TX - Jack's

5/29/2009 Helotes, TX - Josabi's Warehouse

5/30/2009 Houston, TX - The Meridian

6/01/2009 Austin, TX - Red Eye Fly

6/02/2009 El Paso, TX - Club 101

6/04/2009 San Diego, CA - Brick by Brick

6/05/2009 Los Angeles, CA - Key Club

6/06/2009 Santa Ana, - CA Galaxy

6/08/2009 Portland, OR - Berbati’s Pan

6/09/2009 Seattle, WA - El Corazon

6/10/2009 Coeur d’Alene, ID - The Grail

6/12/2009 Salt Lake City, UT - Club Vegas

6/13/2009 Denver, CO - Owsley’s Golden Road

6/19/2009 Sioux Falls, SD - Nutty's

6/20/2009 Fargo, ND - "Venue At The Hub"

6/24/2009 Des Moines, IA - Brick House

6/26/2009 Milwaukee, WI - Shank Hall

6/27/2009 Chicago,IL - Double Door

6/28/2009 Mt Clemmens, MI - Freedom Festival

7/01/2009 Little Rock, AR - Juanita's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 pm

WOW! Look at all those Florida dates! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
WOW! Look at all those Florida dates! Rolling Eyes

They are still confirming dates, they should be adding more in a couple days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:01 pm

You shouldn't have sent all those hate spam to their myspace site.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:44 pm

It looks as though they'll be in the South in July. Maybe they'll reach ATL by August?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

I would love to see KX. The only other person who would go to a KX show with me has crapped out on me twice. Once, was when KX was out on the road with Dio. This was a few years back, maybe more. They probably sound awesome in a small club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Quote :
They probably sound awesome in a small club.

Oh yeah...every single time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Are you the one who said that you've seen KX live more times than any other band? Someone should really put these guys back on a big tour. They're too good to be NOT exposed to the masses. I think I had a difficult tme with Ogre Tones. But, not so with the newest collection. KX - XV can be heard in its entirety here - http://www.last.fm/music/King%27s+X/XV. I'm interesting in hearing from anyone who has sampled any of the the solo projects from the guys, like these: http://www.last.fm/music/Ty+Tabor/+similar . I've never heard anything from Dug or Ty or Jerry or Jelly Jam or The Poundhound, Platypus or Jughead. Not a single thing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm

A small club is the best place to see them.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:40 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
I'm interesting in hearing from anyone who has sampled any of the the solo projects from the guys, like these: http://www.last.fm/music/Ty+Tabor/+similar . I've never heard anything from Dug or Ty or Jerry or Jelly Jam or The Poundhound, Platypus or Jughead. Not a single thing.
Pretty much all of the side projects they've been involved in are great. I highly recommend any of Ty's solo albums. Some of my other favorites are the Supershine album, (Doug with Bruce Franklin of Trouble), any of the Platypus albums, and the Jelly Jam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:14 am

King's X Side ProjeX - my rating (* - ****)

Poundhound - Massive Grooves ***1/2
Poundhound - Pinappleskunk ***
Dug Pinnick - Emotional Animal **1/2
Dug Pinnick - Strum Sum Up ****
Platypus - When Pus Comes To Shove ***1/2
Platypus - Ice Cycles ***
Supershine - Supershine (w/Bruce Franklin & Jeff Olson from Trouble) ****
The Jelly Jam - The Jelly Jam - ***
The Jelly Jam - 2 ***1/2
Ty Tabor - Naomi's Solar Pumpkin ***
Ty Tabor - Moonflower Lane ***
Ty Tabor - Safety **
Ty Tabor - Rock Garden **1/2
Ty Tabor - Balance ***

I haven't heard the following: Jughead, The Mob, Xenuphobe, Jerry Gaskill - Come Somewhere (any opinions would be appreciated)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next