Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....

Go down 
+23
DallasBlack
exact33
caniplaywithmadness?
MoonChild
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
journeyman
mc666
AchrisK
ultmetal
iamrockerfun
Invader
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
kmorg
spiritoradio
TH Joe
Lurideath
INVADERS
mr.electric39
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 1:40 am

started a poll on another thread !
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:07 am

Xfactor or FOTD
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:14 pm

BNW, DoD or SIT - I really don't like the blaze stuff. I can't even get though the whole CD when I listen to x-factour or virtual xi. I've tried - When I saw the AMOLAD tour at the tweeter center in Camden (AWESOME show), I met some other fans that insisted that you had to listen to it multiple times to get use to blaze, but they never worked for me. When I shuffle songs on my ipod, when I hear a blaze sung song, I skip it. Last time I did, I got luck and "Sun and Steel" came on as the next song. Sweet! PoM!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:23 pm

X-Factor

Blaze takes to much crap for replacing Bruce. The guy put on a
fine performance on this album. Even the two original B-sides
Justice Of Peace and Judgement Day were fantastic songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:26 pm

I just don't think he was made for Maiden is all

Listen to 10 Seconds on his solo album,It rips,A huge Improvement over his voice with Maiden
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Necronomicon wrote:
I just don't think he was made for Maiden is all

Listen to 10 Seconds on his solo album,It rips,A huge Improvement over his voice with Maiden

I agree he wasn't a great fit especially singing the Bruce and Paul
songs but the stuff they did with him was a lot better than he is given
credit for.

I have all his solo stuff and it's incredible. All 3 discs were
as good as anything he did in Wolfsbane or Maiden and the Maiden songs
on the live record never sounded better.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 3:59 am

X Factor
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 5:51 am

No Prayer for the Dying is the most underrated.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:13 am

no prayer for the dying is very underated. x factor also
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:39 pm

MoonChild wrote:
No Prayer for the Dying is the most underrated.
I've heard that whole album, and I honestly do not like a single song off of it. Fear of the Dark is the same way for me (besides Be Quick, Judas Be My Guide and the title track).
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 7:15 pm

I still enjoy No Prayer, but the WORST maiden tune is on that disc..... The Assassin.... it just plain sucks
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Hooks in You is a much worse song, although I don't remember The Assassin all that well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Hooks in You is a much worse song, although I don't remember The Assassin all that well.

I must admit I liked 'Hooks In You'... the chorus was a little 'poppy' but the lyrics were maiden all the way. "the Assassin" was a tune that should've been left in the basket. That chorus was rank, unispired. It was definatley something that coulda been left for a b-side.

I've tried to get into the X-Factor many times. (just put it on again). There have been just too many tunes that I felt were unispired. I realize that lyrically I do have very different opinion. Read the lyrics to 'Judgement of Heaven'...... wow.... very autobiographical (Steve went through a divorce at the time the disc was prep for and recorded). I can totally relate.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 6:59 pm

I think DoD. Aside from those who says every maiden cd is a the greatest ever I heard a lot of people saying how much bruce's voice is showing its age and the songs are too long and all the other complaints. I think Paschendale is a great song most of the others are very competant.

Alex
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 7:09 pm

exact33 wrote:
I think DoD. Aside from those who says every maiden cd
is a the greatest ever I heard a lot of people saying how much bruce's
voice is showing its age and the songs are too long and all the other
complaints. I think Paschendale is a great song most of the others are
very competant.

Alex
I agree while not their best DoD is one of their more original sounding works
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 am

For me, without a doubt, is Fear Of The Dark. I hear many critics and fans complain about it save a couple of songs. It was my first introduction to Maiden and I love every song on it. Favorite tracks are: the title track, Be Quick or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, The Fugitive, and Fear Is The Key.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:08 am

No Prayer for the Dying - wins this hands down.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:11 am

lol, I find that I have already posted my opinion sometime back.... anyways.....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:19 am

As I have said before, I am a HUGE Maiden fan and can honestly say that I have never heard a Maiden song that I could ever despise. Even with Virtual XI (my least favorite) all the songs on it gets my approval. True I like some more than others, who doesn't, but I do at least mildly like or adore every song they've ever done (keep in mind I've never heard any of their B-sides seeing as I don't do singles).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 6:45 am

Locky wrote:
I would say Virtual XI, it falls into that "Bruce doesn't sing on this one section" but I personally think it's a fine album

Agreed!! I mean almost all albums with Bruce did very well, and Blaze got lots of slack. I think this album is of high quality song writting and sadly did not get its deserved attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 6:48 am

Required Fields wrote:
Somewhere in Time.

Ditto. It's sometimes dismissed as Maiden-lite due to the occasional synth sound. A true gem. My favorite album from them. It kills from front to back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:41 am

Dance of Death!

though I would agree that No Prayer for the Dying is quite underrated as well.

Those two are their most under appreciated albums - and I find myself loving them both quite well.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:17 pm

NPftD
&
DoD
&
SiT

Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 F16795zhy8t

Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 G02936p4g2p

Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 D7316634ggk
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 5:44 pm

I would totally agree with you listing those 3!

"Somewhere in Time" gets dissed all the time due to the programming - but that album is sheer GENIUS!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:54 pm

No Prayer for the Dying 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next