Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Empty
PostSubject: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Who's heard of this powermetal band?

I took a chance with Horns Of Silence (from Stromspell's bag of goodies) and I'm so glad I did. To my ears I come away hearing a mixture of Freedom Call and Elvenking. They aren't as sugary as FC and not as entirely folkish and (at times) growly as Elvenking. Right somewhere in the middle making great, catchy tunes with choruses and melody and singing about cheesy subjects!

http://www.myspace.com/spellblast
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Not bad cheesemaster Scott...
I`m planning to visit Stormspell one of these days, maybe this one makes it to the final round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 pm

i got it in a cool trade with DMR and it is a good cd. It has the cheese but its a fun listen.

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Two men of excellent taste!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:48 pm

well i have to give you the kudos since you told me about it Smile

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Oh! insane
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Dude!

This is right up my alley!!!

I love anything folk/metal provided the vocals aren't growled. Off to find a good price on this...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 pm

13.99 from Amazon. Scott helps me blow more money on CDs.

BTW, I passed the 3100 mark this week.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Why not wait for Stormspell to get back? You can get it cheaper there. (I sound like a Stormy pimp....but it's just that his site is my favorite)

Toho - I thought of you when I posted this. I know you DON"T like Elvenking because of the vocals, but I thought you'd like this.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:37 pm

I like Elvenking (I have all but their last one) but you're right, I don't like a lot of the vocals.

This band solves that.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:38 pm

BTW, I can almost guarantee another sale of this album. I forwarded the MySpace link to "His Fishness".

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:41 pm

I love the first elvenking cd but hated the rest. The second cd was horrid to my ears. All the things that made the debut a classic was gone. Havent really listened to them since...

and for number of cds I just pretty much filled my second cd cabinet which holds 550. I dont know where i would store them all if I had 3100!!!!

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
I love the first elvenking cd but hated the rest. The second cd was horrid to my ears. All the things that made the debut a classic was gone. Havent really listened to them since...

and for number of cds I just pretty much filled my second cd cabinet which holds 550. I dont know where i would store them all if I had 3100!!!!

Alex

That's why I bought a house! Now I have plenty of room in the basement for more CDs!

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Quote :

Huh, the first one is the only one I don't like and got rid of. The last three and especially the middle two I consider masterpieces. 10/10 both of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like Elvenking (I have all but their last one) but you're right, I don't like a lot of the vocals.

This band solves that.
You heard Leprechaun?

By the way, I snagged this during the Save Stormy campaign as well. Awesome CD!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Sounds like I must add some of the bands mentioned here to my want list seeing as I am a power metal wh*re.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

That's why I bought a house! Now I have plenty of room in the basement for more CDs!

I keep telling my wife that our house was built to be a cd storage depot but somehow she does not believe me lol!

Alex

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:02 am

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

I keep telling my wife that our house was built to be a cd storage depot but somehow she does not believe me lol!

Alex

lol!
Sounds just like my wife to..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:52 am

Quote :
13.99 from Amazon. Scott helps me blow more money on CDs.

Turnabout!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Sounds like I must add some of the bands mentioned here to my want list seeing as I am a power metal wh*re.
God knows you just said "whore." You can't fool him!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
God knows you just said "whore." You can't fool him!

Yeah but the automatic censor on certain words wouldn't allow it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 2:01 pm

smurf-for-hire.

lol!

That's a new one. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 2:25 pm

That's how Scott and I came up with the term "post gnome". Every time I typed "post wh*re" it changed it to "post smurf for hire".

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Dirty gnome!!! Get back to work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence   SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SpellBlast - Horns Of Silence
Page 1 of 1