Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
Required Fields
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
XYZ
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Empty
PostSubject: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 pm

As stated, Van Halen completed their long-awaited tour with David Lee Roth last night, a tour many thought that would never happen or come to a peaceful conclusion. So, what's next for Van Halen? Album? World tour? Retirement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:45 pm

My money is on spontaneous human combustion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Im hoping for a new and great album! But probably I'm dreaming too much...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:48 pm

I imagine a few years of nothing. Then some half-assed reunion of some sort, probably after Hagar and Anthony release their better-than-Zeppelin album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm just guessing here, but I'd say a double-live cd released within a year (gives them time to touch-up the "live" performance) and possibly a dvd as well. Perhaps to entice the fans that aren't big on live stuff, they'll tack on a new track or 2 that the boys threw together during rehersals, recyclyed riffs that Eddie had planned on using for the next Gary Cherone-led VH album that never came to be. As far as a new album goes, not gonna happen. Dave will fall back into his old tricks and make it all about him, Eddie will wig-out and the whole thing will implode for another 10-15 years. By then, they will have patched things up with Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar and will tour once-again, only this time they will bill it as the "True" Reunion Tour, making it easier for them to charge $750 bucks a ticket.

This is all based on my cynical thoughts and in no way should be believed until I'm proven right.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Metalguy nailed it. I'd bet money a live album and DVD are being
assembled right now. The rest of the speculation sounds extremely
plausible as well.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm

As for me, there are only two positive endings I could see.

One: Van Halen goes into the studio and records a new album
or
Two: Band calls it quits on good terms, and Eddie forms a supergroup and does some music different from that of Van Halen.

Wishful thinking, of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Metalguy nailed it. I'd bet money a live album and DVD are being
assembled right now. The rest of the speculation sounds extremely
plausible as well.
Oh yeah, absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Roth will probably leave the band next week. Then the band will have three years of nothing. Who knows what will happen after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Roth will probably leave the band next week.

Roth will NOT leave. He may get kicked out, but he won't leave.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:20 pm

I was reading a recent interview with Eddie where he said he's not planning on anything. Just taking it day by day with VH but that they'll sit down sometime soon and decide what they want to do next, if anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 pm

I think Gary Cherone is still waiting for his phone to ring. "Come on, they did the Sammy tour, they did the Dave tour, when's MY turn?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Live album and dvd and then i'm pretty sure Eddie will want to make a record with his son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 pm

Hopefully during a brief hiatus,a live album/dvd is released.They then go into the studio with Roth and record VAN HALEN IV !!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:24 pm

IronAge wrote:
Hopefully during a brief hiatus,a live album/dvd is released.They then go into the studio with Roth and record VAN HALEN IV !!

I like the way you think. 🤘

I'm not banking on the new album as much as the live cd/dvd, but I'd love to hear it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:50 am

troublezone wrote:
Live album and dvd and then i'm pretty sure Eddie will want to make a record with his son.

I could see that happening. Eddie's been going on and on about how talented Wolfie is, so them working together on a project doesn't seem out of the question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:15 am

I expect a live album/DVD then a whole lot of nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:26 am

After the Roth DVD/Live CD, the natural progression of things states that they will have a 5 or 6 year hiatus and announce their reunion with Gary Cherone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:29 am

spectrefate wrote:
After the Roth DVD/Live CD, the natural progression of things states that they will have a 5 or 6 year hiatus and announce that Ed is doing an album with Wolfie.

Fixed. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:31 am

You're probably right. Kinda like that Family Style album Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan made. Then maybe Eddie will die in a tragic plane crash the following year.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:36 am

If that happens, I'm gonna rat you out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
If that happens, I'm gonna rat you out.

I'd go to prison for ridding the earth of EVH. I don't mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:46 am

Now that's just evil. You should use your powers for good and rid us all of Paris Hilton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Now that's just evil. You should use your powers for good and impregnate Paris Hilton.

Fixed, and I can live with that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think Gary Cherone is still waiting for his phone to ring. "Come on, they did the Sammy tour, they did the Dave tour, when's MY turn?"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?   Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen Completed Tour. Now What?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next