Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classics that you can't stand

Go down 
+39
Schbopo
Mattallica667
brontotex
DallasBlack
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
rattpoison
TrogDawn
Skysplitter
the sentinel
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Waylon
Mordor
jstate
Required Fields
SAHB Healer
dirtracin1
Hamer12
krokus
Louder
thejokeriv
tohostudios
ThrashedOutCobra33
MetalRob331
mc666
Metal Misfit
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
zombiewalkin
Rex
MetalGuy71
XYZ
Olafsto
Thrasher73
UltraMagnus007
DeathCult
Mglaffas81
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Similar to what Waylon said, anything that gets played to death on radio grates on my nerves.

My numero uno is probably Metallica's ENTER SANDMAN. It wasn't even that great of a song when I first heard it back in 1991, but after hearing it fifteen million zillion billion times over the next seventeen years... now it makes me wanna jump out a window.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Waylon wrote:
I dislike any song that classic rock radio chooses to "play into the ground". Some examples include:
Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle & Sweet Child O' Mine ( I LOVE the rest of this disc)
Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alalbama & Free (if I hear this song one more FREAKIN time I will rip out my eardrums) Bird
Van Halen - Jump (the rest of this disc is GREAT)
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC is my FAV band, and I love their entire catalogue.. BUT this song, as it has been over-played to the point of torture)
Aerosmith - Dream On
RUSH - Tom Sawyer
KISS - Rock and Roll All Night (I LOVE KISS, and most every other song they did during the 70s, BUT this song is just CRAP!!)

I could go on and on, and this list grows EVERY DAY, as Classic Rock radio stations refuse to play anything other the hit singles from classic bands... angry

hahahaha, another proof of how godly where the iron cross from florida...not only for their immortal anthems but because they always refused to play s.home alabama and free in their local gigs....respect!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:47 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Count me in the no KISS camp. Maybe 2-3 songs out of their entire existance works for me.

Man, I always thought it was just me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:30 am

I really am surprised at the number of people who don't like Kiss. I love Kiss but I can see why others wouldn't; especially if they're only familiar with the "poppy" later music.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I really am surprised at the number of people who don't like Kiss. I love Kiss but I can see why others wouldn't; especially if they're only familiar with the "poppy" later music.

BINGO!! I think you hit that nail right on the head... 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:05 pm

At the risk of turning this into one of those fabled KISS threads, I like 80's KISS and can live without the 70's stuff, although I do like it fine.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
At the risk of turning this into one of those fabled KISS threads, I like 80's KISS and can live without the 70's stuff, although I do like it fine.

I like them both, but it is the 70s KISS that I LOVE... and the 80s KISS that I think is JUST ok.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Pour Some Sugar on Me; Let's Get Rocked; Love in an Elevator;
Crazy Train; Hell's Bells; Back In Black; Rock and Roll; Breaking the Law; Enter Sandman; Jump; Cult of Personality; ...anything by Poison!!!
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Back in Black - Ac/Dc

Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult (Their one of my favorite bands, but they have dozens of songs better then this)

Anything by Guns n Roses

And Anything by ANY glam/pop band that some retards label "metal", like Bon Jovi, Poison, Def Leppard, etc.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:47 am

Manowar
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:13 am

hate anything from Aerosmith, never could get into this band and everything I've heard I dislike.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:48 am

TrogDawn wrote:
Manowar

ALLLRIIIIIIGHT TROG!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only person on the planet who doesn't like Manowar. Sooooo overrated.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
Manowar

I thought I was the only person on the planet who doesn't like Manowar. Sooooo overrated.
I *HATE* them. I've given them many chances and they always leave me cold. The only song I halfway like by them is "All Men Play on 10".
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I hate Styx as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:08 am

TrogDawn wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
Manowar

I *HATE* them. I've given them many chances and they always leave me cold. The only song I halfway like by them is "All Men Play on 10".

Trog i know your a 70's heavy metal cretin so i ask have you checked out Ross The Boss's pre Manowar band the infamous Dictators.

100 times more awesome then the lame Manowar.

Read this review. And if you haven't already get this on big shiney vinyl.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:gvfixql5ldje~T0
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:22 am

hmmm.....
I never got into Motorhead, and never understood why they are legends. Cant take 30 seconds of Stevie ray Vaughn, even though I love blues rock.

If GNR are considered classic, then add them as well. hated them in 1987, still do in 2008. Same with most every second generation 80's glam band( bands that came after Qiuet Riot, Motley, Ratt, etccc.) like Poison, Great White(%$#@& hate them), Warrant, Winger, basically all the bands that came around 1988 until alternative killed them off. And last but not least, I cant stand anything Aerosmith did since about mid 80's until now, especially the 90's and 2000's. I love 70's Aerosmith and thats why it just plain hurts to hear them these days.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:40 am

i don't have songs which i can't stand BUT i can't stand if someone tell me that he listen Grunge Bans or playin grunge or ... hophop, rap, pop ... etc.
hmm ... i'm probably lover of all scratch
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:43 am

rattpoison wrote:
Trog i know your a 70's heavy metal cretin so i ask have you checked out Ross The Boss's pre Manowar band the infamous Dictators.
I've heard of, but never heard them. I did know about Ross being in that band (as was Twisted Sister's Mark Mendoza). I just saw some of their stuff on vinyl not too long ago. I'll put them on the "need to check out" list. Thanks! Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Accept seems to be a legend around here, and I've never understood the love for them at all.

AC/DC is fine when they come on the radio, but that's all I need.

DC, Master Of Puppets owns you.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

DC, Master Of Puppets owns you.

You wish skippy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Although I recognize his talent and his major contibution to the electric guitar, I don't care much for the music I've heard from Jimi Hendrix. Also I can take or leave Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones (some songs are good, while others are just bland IMO).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:57 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I hate Styx as well.

As do I. I never understood the appeal of either Styx or REO Speedwagon.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:02 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I hate Styx as well.

As do I. I never understood the appeal of either Styx or REO Speedwagon.

You guys are crazy! My dislike of Iron Maiden makes more sense than that! lol!

Yeah, the later years of both bands suck big time but listen to the early stuff of both. Styx's Equinox, Crystal Ball, Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight, Serpent Is Rising...that's some great music.

And REO? You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish and Nine Lives both rule in my book.

I can understand the hatred of REO a little more because Kevin Cronin has sort of a wussy voice but those early Styx albums are great!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Benedictum

Oh, my.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:25 pm

lol!

Yeah, I don't think I ever used that one at CMR. I didn't want to put up with the crap.

Veronica Freeman of Benedictum.

PostSubject: Re: Classics that you can't stand   Classics that you can't stand - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classics that you can't stand
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next