Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VH1 classics!

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
mr.electric39
spiritoradio
krokus
mc666
thejokeriv
arttieTHE1manparty
Wargod
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:34 am

Anyone watch this? I recently got it when I moved and have been watching it alot. They have great shows on like classic albums. So far they have had on Deep Purple - Machine Head, Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast, Motorhead - Ace Of Spades, Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, The Who - Who's Next.....and a few others great to see how these came to be.

In addition they have a classic concert every friday nights, this week was Damn Yankees preet good concert Ted rocked!

Love this channel!

Wargod48

NP: DGM - Different Shapes
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:36 am

I;ve watched it a few times, yes...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:52 am

Great channel - they've had some good classic in concert eps - Priest on the Screamin" tour, Queensryche - Operation:livecrime, etc

The Classic Albums show is good
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 11:22 am

i was never interested in music videos, documentaries & such.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Quote :
i was never interested in music videos, documentaries & such.

Hmmmm strange!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:10 pm

Very strange MC666 lol. anyway, i just have VH1, but no VH1 CLASSICS. A shame because beside VH1 ROCKS a half our a day and on vriday a couple of hours, their is not much more to watch.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:21 pm

it's not so strange. i just like to listen to the music. i don't really care for the visuals.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's not so strange. i just like to listen to the music. i don't really care for the visuals.

I respect your opinion of course but i think that a big part of our movement is related to image and/or visuals and i love to watch video clips, concerts, photos, record covers etc...but we are all different 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:19 pm

I LOVE VH1 CLASSIC!! They have a show called Metal Mania that just shows metal videos for a couple hours a few days a week. Their Rockfest program is pretty awesome too. Excellent channel all around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 7:01 pm

vh1 classic is pretty darn good. I had to scale back some xtra expenses but that was a channel I wished I coulda kept. Lots of good classic metal on there old Saxon, Priest, Accept, Riot, Loudness, Maiden, Dream Theater, Testament, Vicious Rumours... usuallly on Metal Mania...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Definitely better than regular VH1 which is what I have.I need to upgrade my satellite package.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 2:43 am

I love VH1 Classic. I just saw the making of Number Of The Beast a few days ago, great stuff!! I catch all of the Classic Album stuff, and I dig the Old Grey Whistle Test concerts and BBC concerts as well.
Love it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:41 am

I've only recently upgraded to digital cable and I'm really liking VH1 Classics.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:44 am

When I first got digital cable I couldn't get enough of VH1 Classic, I had it on all the time. I have a whole bunch of video tapes crammed full of videos I recorded from the "Metal Mania" show as well as some old "Behind The Music" episodes, "Ultimate Albums" shows, etc., etc.

Lately they seem to be programming more "Movies That Rock" and silly stuff like that, though, which bums me out. I hope they don't start re-running the "regular" VH1's dumb "Celeb-reality" shows and take away from the music-oriented programming...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:50 am

I watched the making of "Number of the Beast" the other evening on VH1 at brontotex's house. It was cool to watch. I enjoy those types of shows.

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:56 pm

I love VH1 Classic! Seeing all those bands from different eras literally shaped my definition of metal. My first video I saw from VH1 Classic was "Balls To The Wall" by Accept. Man, seeing Udo Dirkschneider in his heyday totally rocked!

You rock, Udo!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 8:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I watched the making of "Number of the Beast" the other evening on VH1 at brontotex's house. It was cool to watch. I enjoy those types of shows.

The episode made me wish Martin Birch would come out of retirement for one more Maiden album
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Hey Ult - VH1 Classic has Genesis from 1976 on Classic In Concert - Phil Collins with long hair and a beard
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:36 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Hey Ult - VH1 Classic has Genesis from 1976 on Classic In Concert - Phil Collins with long hair and a beard

yeah, Im TiVo-ing that tommorow, cant wait to watch it.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 5:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I have the DVD to that. It came out several years ago. I agree it's really cool to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:17 pm

I am watching now the normal VH1 (not the classic) and they already played:

REO SPEEDWAGON,
AEROSMITH, KISS, FASTER PUSSYCAT, THE CULT, FREE(WISHING WELL great song. GARY MOORE did this one for his lp CORRIDORS OF POWER),
DANGEROUS TOYS, MOTLEY CRUE, and SLAUGHTER. Still i would like to get VH1 CLASSIC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VH1 classics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1 classics!   VH1 classics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VH1 classics!
Page 1 of 1