Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times

Go down 
+7
exact33
stormspell
metalken
Rex
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Eyesore
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Empty
PostSubject: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Can't wait for this album. I've like all their albums, but I definitely like the heaviness that's come back into the last few.

Here's a new song:

https://www.facebook.com/amorphis?v=app_178091127385

And I love the new album cover. Not sure why. Haha. Although it's kinda similar to the latest Wolfmother album.

Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Amorphisnewcd

Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Wolfmother452
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 am

I lost interest in this band for a while. May have to check this out.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 am

Don't know much about the band, but the artwork was done by Travis Smith, who apparently is the "go-to-guy" these days if you're a dark metal band. Oddly similair to the Wolfmother cover (even moreso wit the deluxe edition), but I don't think he did that one.

Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times CosmicEggDeluxe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_by_Travis_Smith

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:35 pm

No, Travis didn't do the Wolfmother.....in fact he told me that he'd never seen the Wolfmother cover until he finished the Amorphis cover and someone pointed it out to him. He told me he was depressed because someone beat him to the punch and now everyone is going to think he ripped them off when he really didn't.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Rex wrote:
No, Travis didn't do the Wolfmother.....in fact he told me that he'd never seen the Wolfmother cover until he finished the Amorphis cover and someone pointed it out to him. He told me he was depressed because someone beat him to the punch and now everyone is going to think he ripped them off when he really didn't.
Well, tons of people have been ripping Travis off for years, so the haters can lick it! Haha. Trav is the man!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Hmmm, two artists drawing a picture of an egg. What are the odds? Pretty darn good if you ask me. I really do not think that someone of Travis' catalog would need to steal anything.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Skyforger was monumental album, cannot wait for the new one!

Regarding the artwork: I'm not huge on photoshoped collages, I wish they had used Wes Benscoter or Necrolord Wahlin instead...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:46 pm

stormspell wrote:
Skyforger was monumental album, cannot wait for the new one!

absolutely! I loved the last one and will be getting this one for sure!!!

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 pm

I've really liked the last couple of Amorphis albums. I'll be picking this one up as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I personally highly recommend Silent Waters and Skyforger. Dark, beautifully melodic and pretty darn heavy all at the same time. Their current sound falls in between Tales and Elegy and the current vocalist is amazing whether he's singing cleanly or growling.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:37 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I personally highly recommend Silent Waters and Skyforger. Dark, beautifully melodic and pretty darn heavy all at the same time. Their current sound falls in between Tales and Elegy and the current vocalist is amazing whether he's singing cleanly or growling.
That pretty much covers it.

But don't discount Tuonela, Am Universum, and Far from the Sun. All three, while very mellow, are great. And what about Eclipse? Easily as good as Skyforger and Silent Waters.

Love that song! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 am

Silent Waters is a really interesting album, blending old and new sounds together. Elegy is getting a lot of play from me at the moment, too. I'll have to check out the new one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 am

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

+2

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 pm

This is one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Anyone got this yet? I just ordered it yesterday from Amazon (along with the new Neal Morse, Hammerfall, Pagan's Mind, UDO, and many others-also a pre-order of the new Symphony X).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 am

I ordered my copy. I need to get into this band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times   Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amorphis - The Beginning Of Times
Page 1 of 1