Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Amorphis RULES!

Go down 
+6
mc666
Lari
DallasBlack
tohostudios
nevermore
Rex
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

The new Amorphis RULES! Empty
PostSubject: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Skyforger, I'm diggin this a LOT. Their last album was ok, but nothing that really grabbed for some reason, but this one is hitting the spot big time. And Travis Smith's artwork is killer in this too.

The new Amorphis RULES! Amorphis_-_Skyforger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Great album!!! It's going to make my year end top 10 list.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:25 pm

How much growling on this one?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:36 pm

I really loved the last one so I guess I'll need to locate this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Toho, there isn't nearly as much growling as the previous discs. Its used more as emphasis on this one. I personally think this may be their best disc since Elegy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 pm

I have several of their early ones like Tuenela and Am Universum.

I like the folk influences but there was just too much growling.

I'm seeing a lot of glowing reviews of Skyforger so I might be willing to give it a shot.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:17 am

I have this one. I don't have a real opinion yet, but I'll give it a few more spins. I've liked the last two with the new singer. Personally I think the bad went kind of dull after Elegy, but now they've kind of rejuvenated themselves. Not just the vocalist, but the songs are better, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 am

I am loving this album as well...great stuff. I was worried about Pasi being replaced as vocalist, but Sami is great.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:47 am

haven't cared much for an Amorphis album since Tales.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:47 am

I keep thinking about getting this, but never end up snagging it. Might need to.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:44 pm

I loved Eclipse, so I'll have to get this asap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:28 pm

The last album Ive ever heard from them was Tales From The Thousand Lakes.

I've heard they've changed their style considerably since those first two though, so I dont know if I'd even like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:26 am

The early Amorphis, Thousand Lakes-era, was faster and more aggressive.

I think they're very much back into the Elegy sound. Very melodic, mostly mid-tempo, heavy and there's some growling.

Then after Elegy they went more progressive and also towards a slow, almost gothic sound. Still heavy enough, but a lot of times maybe a bit too somber for me. Now they have a bit more punch in their songwriting.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:15 pm

The Karelian Isthmus was great, but very death metal.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Great album but not quit touching the awesomeness of Silent Waters IMO (Silent Waters was darker and more gothic-this onle lightens it up a bit). BTW Toho, if those samples I sent of Silent Waters had too much death vocals for your taste, then you probably won't like this one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Great album but not quit touching the awesomeness of Silent Waters IMO (Silent Waters was darker and more gothic-this onle lightens it up a bit). BTW Toho, if those samples I sent of Silent Waters had too much death vocals for your taste, then you probably won't like this one.

It's a tough call. Those Silent Waters samples were borderline too much cookie monster. It's a shame because I really love the music and the singer can actually sing so why do the growling (unless it's two different guys?).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
[It's a tough call. Those Silent Waters samples were borderline too much cookie monster. It's a shame because I really love the music and the singer can actually sing so why do the growling (unless it's two different guys?).

He really liked the cookie monster vocals of the older albums and wanted to bring them back.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I listened to Skyforger again today. Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:22 am

Easily one of the best albums the band has done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Amorphis RULES!   The new Amorphis RULES! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Amorphis RULES!
Page 1 of 1