Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amorphis - Dark Waters

Go down 
+2
GrandNational
mc666
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Amorphis - Dark Waters Empty
PostSubject: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:38 pm

🤘 YES!!!!! Dark Waters is killer!!

I've spun this one a few times now....SO good! The Death Metal vocals are full on BACK now (for the second straight album) thanks to Pasi's replacement. The music is the heaviest since 'Tuonela' and I am loving it!!

Any fans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 5:25 pm

I mentioned this here:

Got the new promo in the mail today. Just got through listening to it, and it's excellent! It's stylistically the same as Eclipse: a perfect mix of early Amorphis and latter day stuff. This album has more death metal vocals than Eclipse had, though.

I'm really surprised that the band has sort of gone back to their roots. I guess Pasi had a lot of influence over the direction of albums.

And...um...Tuonela was heavy? This new one is their heaviest since Elegy, I'd say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Not as heavy as 'Tales...' or anything...but heavier than 'Am Universum' & 'Far From The Sun'....

Weird about Pasi too...his Doom band Shape Of Despair is CRUSHINGLY HEAVY!! He's all Death vocals in that band...my guess is that Amorphis being on a major label in Europe & Scandinavia (Virgin Records) affected their direction...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Not as heavy as 'Tales...' or anything...but heavier than 'Am Universum' & 'Far From The Sun'....

Weird about Pasi too...his Doom band Shape Of Despair is CRUSHINGLY HEAVY!! He's all Death vocals in that band...my guess is that Amorphis being on a major label in Europe & Scandinavia (Virgin Records) affected their direction...
Right; not as heavy as anything pre-Elegy, and not as mellow as anything after (excluding Eclipse). I actually think Pasi was the reason they'd gone so mellow. Wasn't Far From The Sun mainly written by Pasi?

I think this new album and Eclipse are very much like Elegy. Stick Pasi on vocals and the comparison would be very evident.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 12:21 am

haven't heard it yet, but i'll give them another chance i guess.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 2:16 am

Tuonela was lacking in the heavy department. I do want to pick this up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:44 am

It's significantly heavier than 'Tuonela'...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Tuonela wasn't heavy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Tuonela wasn't heavy.

Well then that would make this one significantly heavier, wouldn't it? lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:25 pm

Elegy was by far my favorite. In fact I'd given up on Amorphis in recent years. I'm on board for the last two definitely!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:36 pm

the new one is a step up from recent i guess. it's not bad in anyway, however i still don't find it heavy enough. same problem i've had with them since they released Elegy. i'll stick with the pre-Elegy stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Tuonela wasn't heavy.

Well then that would make this one significantly heavier, wouldn't it? lol!
Yes! That's why I kept saying Tuonela wasn't heavy. It's like comparing a fart to diarreah...........or something like that. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
the new one is a step up from recent i guess. it's not bad in anyway, however i still don't find it heavy enough. same problem i've had with them since they released Elegy. i'll stick with the pre-Elegy stuff.
Yeah, if you're not a fan of Elegy, these latest two won't change your mind. There's still mellow songs like they've done recently, only this time they're not entire albums of mellow songs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:53 am

I REALLY like Silent Waters, one of my top albums of the year. The style fits in nicely between Tales and Elegy IMO, though not as good as those two. All I can really say is Amorphis is back and they've got my attention.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:28 pm

I've been meaning to check out the new album. It's on my "to get" list.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Great album, probably my favorite album of this year.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm

When I first heard this new one and became an Amorphis fan again, I realized that they have a new vocaslist and suspected that the return to form had something to do with it. Well despite my distaste for Hit Parader, they had a small interview with Amorphis and the story is the new guy wanted to perform some of the heavier songs of the past in concert and due to that the band "re-discovered their roots". So my suspicions were confirmed.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:25 pm

You check out Eclipse yet? Also, check out the singer's other band, Sinisthra.

http://www.myspace.com/sinisthra

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Dark Waters   Amorphis - Dark Waters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amorphis - Dark Waters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: