Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?

Go down 
+18
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
Shiney
jstate
EvyMetal
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
DeathCult
stepcousin
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Hanson was the worst band in music history. Mr. Big had some decent moments but you expected so much more with that line up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Quote :
Hanson was the worst band in music history.

Hanson are better songwriters than Steve Harris could ever dream of being.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Shocked

Shawn, are you feeling ok, buddy?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Hanson was the worst band in music history.

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 15

Death to you and your terrible opinions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:39 pm

OK, now we know that Shawn is actually a pod person.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
OK, now we know that Shawn is actually a pod person.

Either that or living proof of the "acid babies"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Shawn has been overcome by the fumes over at The Cave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 am

It's the truth. I would bet money that, if asked to, Hanson could write a Maiden song but Harris could not write a Hanson song.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's the truth. I would bet money that, if asked to, Hanson could write a Maiden song but Harris could not write a Hanson song.

Your absolutly right, Harris wouldn't compromise his musical integrity for that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 am

But why write a Hanson song? My personal feelings aside, I don't think Hansen have been selling records and touring the world.

Last edited by spectrefate on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Your absolutly right, Harris wouldn't compromise his musical integrity for that.

Integrity has nothing to do with it. Hanson are better writers.
Back to top Go down

spectrefate wrote:
But why write a Hanson song? My personal feelings aside, I don't think Hansen have been selling records and touring the world.

Neither has Maiden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:30 am

Umm, ok. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:31 am

spectrefate wrote:
Umm, ok. Smile

Hey...you edited that!! Unfair! angry

Maiden is not selling a ton of records, neither is Hanson. Maiden are touring the world.

Listen, there's no shame here...Hanson are better writers than most any Metal band you can name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 am

No I didn't edit the Umm ok part.

I just don't want to get into an arguement over this. We both are pretty dedicated to our opinions.

But, we can both agree that Hanson are most definetely prettier than Maiden. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:42 am

No, you edited what I quoted from you originally about Hanson not selling records...cheeky monkey.

Hanson > Maiden
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, integrity has everything to do with it. Harris has always had a vision for the music he writes and performs and has never strayed from that. To write a Hanson song just to prove he could or couldn't would be compromising his musical integrity. Harris, with his long career and loyal fanbase, doesn't have to prove anything to anybody. Quite frankly, he couldn't write a Hanson song because he wouldn't. You are intitled to your opinion but I personally think your wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, integrity has everything to do with it. Harris has always had a vision for the music he writes and performs and has never strayed from that. To write a Hanson song just to prove he could or couldn't would be compromising his musical integrity. Harris, with his long career and loyal fanbase, doesn't have to prove anything to anybody. Quite frankly, he couldn't write a Hanson song because he wouldn't. You are intitled to your opinion but I personally think your wrong.

Still has nothing to do with integrity. Maiden is still Maiden, his legacy stands. I would bet money that Harris would listen to a Hanson album and, even though he may not like the style, he'd acknowledge how talented they are as writers.

Harris is a great songwriter in his style and everyone else is an imitator. humble

Hanson have a better understanding of actual composition and song-craft.

One doesn't have to like a band's style to recognize the talent present. I don't like Marvin Gaye's music, but he's a hell of a singer. I don't like Eric Clapton's style, but he's a hell of a blues guitar player.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Still has nothing to do with integrity. Maiden is still Maiden, his legacy stands. I would bet money that Harris would listen to a Hanson album and, even though he may not like the style, he'd acknowledge how talented they are as writers.

Harris is a great songwriter in his style and everyone else is an imitator. humble

Hanson have a better understanding of actual composition and song-craft.

One doesn't have to like a band's style to recognize the talent present. I don't like Marvin Gaye's music, but he's a hell of a singer. I don't like Eric Clapton's style, but he's a hell of a blues guitar player.

Underestood. I should have known you were not putting Harris down but it just seemed like you were, my apologies.

This does bring to mind something I saw on VH1'a I Love The 90's. They were talking about Hanson and Scott Ian mentioned that while Hanson's music sucked, at least they played their own instruments and wrote their own songs and gave them props for that. I remember thinking that he was right. That alone set them apart form their pop peers at the time and while I practically despise the music found on Nick and Disney at least quite a few of those kids play their own instruments and write thier own songs as well. Now granted I have not heard Hanson's most recent material because I was under the impression they were no more (another thing I now stand corrected on Embarassed -we need an icon for eating crow just for my sake, I eat quite a lot of it around here).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:54 pm

Yeah, they're still around.

Their first album, Middle Of Nowhere (when they were children), isn't bad...good little pop songs all written & performed by them...a little more mature than they're years in places.

But starting with thier second, This Time Around, they've proven themselves to be top-shelf, mature songwriters...some of the best in the biz. They've done 2 other albums, Underneath and Walk, and both are examples of perfect, mature, pop-rock songwriting...great vocalists, too...
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 2:09 am

Can someone tell me why Mr. Big have a tribute album?

And it's not like the people on this tribute album are hacks, look at the names.

Paul Rodgers - Mr. Big
Doug Pinnick - Take Cover
Joe Lynn Turner - Colorado Bulldog
John Waite - Wild World
Glenn Hughes - Price You Gotta Pay
Ann Wilson - Promise Her The Moon
Billy Sheehan - Addicted To That Rush
Mickey Thomas - Just Take My Heart
Bret Domrose - Shine
PatTorpey - Crawl Over Me
Richie Kotzen - To Be With You
Donnie Vie - Green-Tinted Sixties Mind
Joe Lynn Turner - Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy

Have we missed something with this band or has Sheehan, Gilbert etc called in some music friends and connections to tribute them and make them seem more important than they were. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:24 am

Nope... you guys just missed the boat. Mr Big own you. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:26 pm

i remember singing this songto my twin nieces when they were 6 months old. If it wasn't for that, I would kill people after hearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:49 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Nope... you guys just missed the boat. Mr Big own you. Cool

True dat. Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:58 am

The best thing about Mr. Big was the cool album cover with the steam engine falling out of a building.

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next