Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?

Go down 
+18
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
Shiney
jstate
EvyMetal
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
DeathCult
stepcousin
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Empty
PostSubject: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:48 pm

I think so. And this song is why.

This track makes Extreme's "More Than Words" sound like grindcore by comparison.

Yea, I know, this is random. But this song just came on Music Choice's "Arena Rock" channel and I had to share my hatred.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:59 pm

i love that song and especially the solo. That music has a special place in my heart
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:03 pm

Haha, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess. I loves me a good power ballad from time to time (hell, I even started a thread about'em here a while back -- http://www.heartofmetal.net/it-s-only-rock-n-roll-f8/power-ballads-t3903.htm?highlight=power+ballad ) but this particular song always annoyed the crap outta me. Heh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah, that song grates on my nerves, too. Did they ever do anything heavier?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:14 pm

No, the most god-awful band in the history of music is Dave Matthews Band. Followed closely by Bad English.

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No, the most god-awful band in the history of music is Dave Matthews Band.
I will fight you right here, man! angry
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Seriously, I hate DMB with a fiery, burning passion! It's mainly Dave himself and that "voice". He sounds like Phil Collins with a cold; absolutely the most nasally, whiny voice I've ever heard. He's a hybrid of Phil Collins and Michael Stipe...

and that ain't good.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:41 pm

My buddy, who is a major Paul Gilbert fan-boy to the nth degree, was always trying to sell me on these guys, but I never got it. Too poppy for my tastes and although I dig Gilbert in Racer X and solo, I always thought this band wasn't the right vehicle for him. He can shred like a fiend, but I felt he mostly held back with Mr. Big. They always made a big deal over that electric-drill solo song, and it was kinda cool, but otherwise, meh.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:16 pm

Nah - I could consider air supply worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:41 pm

personally, I've always loved this tune....
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:09 pm

The video came on the other day and my wife was singing along with this song and I was like "oh Lord, please let my tv blow up now!!" Count me in with the group that hates this song tremendously.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:20 pm

That IS a truly abysmal song. I hate ballads in general and this isn't even a good one.

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Seriously, I hate DMB with a fiery, burning passion! It's mainly Dave himself and that "voice". He sounds like Phil Collins with a cold; absolutely the most nasally, whiny voice I've ever heard. He's a hybrid of Phil Collins and Michael Stipe...

and that ain't good.
They're one of my favorite bands. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:24 pm

They suck big time, but I hate Extreme about equally.

I cant stand DMB either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Haha, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess.

Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Freddy?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:39 pm

You're not my friend anymore, FF. Mad

I LOVE Mr. Big!! Everything they have done is worth owning.

Yes, I even like this song. It rocks!

Well.... OK, It doesn't rock..... but it's a cool chick ballad IMO. I like it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Well.... OK, It doesn't rock..... but it's a cool chick ballad IMO. I like it! Twisted Evil

You're a very merry man
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

"Bartender! It's time to cut that squirrel off; he's had too many!"

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:49 pm

Laughing
tohostudios wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

At least he didnt say he liked DMB toho, I think he can still have a few more til then Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:51 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Laughing
tohostudios wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

At least he didnt say he liked DMB toho, I think he can still have a few more til then Laughing

True.

Why does it not surprise me that Eyesore likes DMB though?

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Laughing
tohostudios wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

True.

Why does it not surprise me that Eyesore likes DMB though?

Nothings shocking with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"Bartender!"
Great song! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey!! angry

There's nothing wrong with liking Mr Big! angry

And while you're at it, can you put a head on that one, Mr Bartender? drunken
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:44 pm

Hey Gordy give me a shot!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:46 pm

Give me a double!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next