Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?

Go down 
+18
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
Shiney
jstate
EvyMetal
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
DeathCult
stepcousin
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Hey Gordy give me a shot!

Plee-yargh!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:14 pm

First thing that came to my mind was, Bad English are worse. But these guys are not to far behind.

Some "serious" music fans love this band, they would probably trot out the tired line of "Maaan ya gotta check out their album tracks other then their hits". Yeah sure buddy.

I mean people even buy Eric Martin solo records. Yeessh!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:15 pm

*stumbles over to the jukebox to play To Be With You again*
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:17 pm

rattpoison wrote:

Never owned any, but I saw the Eric Martin Band with Eddie Money back in about 87 or 88. They were great!! Couldn't really get into the Eddie Money show after seeing the EMB play.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:23 am

Didn't even know that this was Mr. Big.....but, I like this song. That's right!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:36 pm

I love that song. The album was pretty average though, so I never bothered getting any of their other stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:08 pm

MR. BIG f-ing kicked ass and was one of the BEST Melodic Rock bands of any era.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:38 am

I like Mr. Big. AND Dave Matthews Band!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:38 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I like Mr. Big. AND Dave Matthews Band!!

...And apparently you like the Fresh Prince too, judging by your avatar.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:44 am

I like some real crap, but I have always disliked this band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:53 am

rattpoison wrote:

Some "serious" music fans love this band, they would probably trot out the tired line of "Maaan ya gotta check out their album tracks other then their hits". Yeah sure buddy.

Or they'll tell you "But Mr. Big were HUGE in Japan!" -- yea, well, no accounting for taste. After all, people eat dogs in some parts of the world too.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 am

rattpoison wrote:
First thing that came to my mind was, Bad English are worse. But these guys are not to far behind.

On paper, they sound great. Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert are both outstanding musicians and masters of their instruments. Given that background, they should be awesome. But something just didn't click with me.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 pm

My hatred for Mr. Big has nothing to do with the music so much as I had a girlfriend from hell who was really into them. Just the thought of them reminded me of her - so even if they were great I probably wouldn't notice. Funny thing is she played them all the time and I still wouldn't be able to ID their stuff outside of the hit.

Unfortunately she also managed to ruin Rush for me as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:46 pm

jstate wrote:
My hatred for Mr. Big has nothing to do with the music so much as I had a girlfriend from hell who was really into them. Just the thought of them reminded me of her - so even if they were great I probably wouldn't notice. Funny thing is she played them all the time and I still wouldn't be able to ID their stuff outside of the hit.

Unfortunately she also managed to ruin Rush for me as well.

Mr. Big? No real loss.

Rush? OUCH!!!

Well, it depends which Rush she ruined for you. If it's recent Rush, no big deal IMO. But early Rush? It would suck not being able to listen to that!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:51 pm

MR BIG was even too cheesy for the Shinester...and lemme tell ya that is saying something....MR BIG shares that honor with NELSON and TRIXTER....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Hey, I liked that first Trixter album.

I was hooked after "Give It To Me Good".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 pm

I went to high school with a couple of the Trixter guys. Steve (guitarist) was a nice guy, tho I always found the band to be a little "meh."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Actually, that whole first album was pretty "meh" in retrospect. But I really dug the "acoustic to rockin" vibe of Give It To Me Good.

Can't say that I've spun that album recently though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Actually, that whole first album was pretty "meh" in retrospect. But I really dug the "acoustic to rockin" vibe of Give It To Me Good.

Can't say that I've spun that album recently though.

Who knows, if Trixter had come on Music Choice on Saturday afternoon when I first posted this thread, the title of it may have been "Was Trixter the most god-awful band in the history of music?"

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Quote :
I went to high school with a couple of the
Trixter guys. Steve (guitarist) was a nice guy, tho I always found the
band to be a little "meh."

Interesting!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:13 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I went to high school with a couple of the
Trixter guys. Steve (guitarist) was a nice guy, tho I always found the
band to be a little "meh."

Interesting!

Yea, for real. He's in my yearbook and everything. We sat near each other in homeroom. Never liked the band much, but I kinda rooted for'em anyway when they got signed, simply cuz Steve was a pretty cool dude.

The drummer's sister was in my homeroom as well (she's visible in the "Give It To Me Good" video - black t-shirt, bright green shorts) -- unfortunately she was a b*tch on wheels. At least she was eye candy.

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Some "serious" music fans
love this band, they would probably trot out the tired line of "Maaan
ya gotta check out their album tracks other then their hits". Yeah sure
buddy.

Or they'll tell you "But Mr. Big were HUGE
in Japan!" -- yea, well, no accounting for taste. After all, people eat
dogs in some parts of the world too.

Yep. Lots of people with no taste drink Coors as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Yep. Lots of people with no taste drink Coors as well. Wink

Touche, Senor Squirrel.

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:01 am

Shiney wrote:
MR BIG was even too cheesy for the Shinester...and lemme tell ya that is saying something....MR BIG shares that honor with NELSON and TRIXTER....

I actually like Nelson however, I have no feelings one way or another in concerns to Mr. Big and Trixter.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?   Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Mr. Big the most god-awful band in the history of music?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next