Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CA allows g4y marriage

Go down 
+26
manny
Lurideath
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
exact33
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Required Fields
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
XYZ
MoonChild
rattpoison
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
DeathCult
zombiewalkin
Mortuary
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
EvyMetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
troublezone wrote:
xyz wrote:
Saying that I shouldn't let my faith interfere with politics is denying myself the ability to express my beliefs. Freedom of expression is all and good until someone tries to express their spiritual beliefs; then, it's a "crime" against "progress" and "free thinking."

My 2 cents.

I agree. Certain people cry foul when you express your faith in politics but otherwise couldn't care less.

No matter what Religion?
Is it ok for Muslims, Buddists, Satanists ++ to express their faith in politics?

Sure, their votes count just as much as anybody's. However, being in the minority they might not have much impact.

It`s a difficult topic that has many sides to it.
I guess one can`t expect that a religious politician can put a side his whole belief system.
But history shows that religious fundamentalists on both sides have made many many wrong political decisions, and caused wars and desasters in the name of their God...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:14 pm

I said that Im not surprised because San Fransisco last I knew was one of the merry capitals of this nation Im not talking about Civil Unions, I know theres a difference.

IMO this is just a further decline of morals in our once great nation

I like Shawn of Fire's solution

good thing im already married to a WOMAN heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If you're against g4y marraige, don't marry a g4y person...settled.

It's not a threat in that way. It's another nail in the coffin for morality in general.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Reminds me of an old joke ... "I'm not g*y, but I think the guy I slept with last night was."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Reminds me of an old joke ... "I'm not g*y, but I think the guy I slept with last night was."

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 am

Quote :

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

If it was that simple. Once it becomes legal then it quickly becomes illegal to say it's not right, call it hate speech, then when two men and three women want to all marry how do you stop it and on and on.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:32 am

You're speaking logically, bro. That doesn't always fly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:27 am

Nazgul wrote:
Quote :

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

If it was that simple. Once it becomes legal then it quickly becomes illegal to say it's not right, call it hate speech, then when two men and three women want to all marry how do you stop it and on and on.

That's what i was trying to say all along. It will become a snowball effect leading to other questionable practices. Let one taboo group get married and the other one's will want the same rights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:47 pm

And please don't get me wrong, i'm not here to single out gays or bash them or whatever. I do see a problem with redefining marriage and will always be against it. There was a time when they promoted a live and let live idealolgy but now we see it being a forced acceptance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 am

I initially said I think gays should be allowed a union, but let it not be called marriage. I was wrong. I've recently been enlightened a bit after reading things online, but also by seeing this:

I was wrong. So are you.

(Yes, I know, he can be more annoying than O'Reilly, but when he's on, he's dead on. He's dead on here.)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:14 am

I couldn't listen to one second more of that. He's totally missing the point of why we're against merry marriage. Really, so what if they can't call it marriage? They can still be together, they can love each other, and under civil unions have the same legal rights as a married couple. If thats all they want then nobody is stopping them with Proposition 8. They could even start their own marriage-like institution and churches that allow that can have private ceremonies. They just can't call it marriage (an istitution that has been between man and woman since the dawn of civilization-even cultures who accepted homosexuality didn't have it another way)

The fact of the matter is nobody's rights are being taken away with this (especially when you consider they never had it before). Everybody has the same right to marry. I can marry someone of the opposite sex-a merry person can marry someone of the opposite ses. Homosexuals have due process, the right to vote, the right to pricacy, the right to free speech, and every other right a straight person has. If civil unions are passed (which in Califorina they are) then they have the same legal status as married couples, they just can't call it marriage.

What is the obsession of changing defintions of things just because you don't like them? I don't like the definiton of muscular. I want people to start calling me muscular instead of fat. Do you think the government will pass a law saying that I fit the defintion of muscular? If the voters vote that I can't be called muscular should I protest and complain or try to accept that I can't be called muscular but still enjoy the same rights as muscular people. Why can't homosexuals start their own tradition instead of making others chage theirs? They seem not to be content with having people tolerate homosexuality, they want people to accept it.

Heck even if the government bypassed the will of the people, what difference would it make. Do you think those opposed to merry marriage will accept it. Even if the defintion was changed those of us who are against it will NEVER accept it. It wouldn't change anybody's opinon of them, it would do nothing but say that our opinons mean less than theirs. I'm sorry if many don't like our oposition to this but you can't force us to agree with you (unless you want a reverse Spanish Inquisiton on your hands).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:57 am

I wish these crybaby media jerks would shut up! The gays already have rights but they will never be satisfied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:33 am

Nazgul wrote:
Quote :

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You don't "stop" it...it's not your problem. Stay married to your wife and be happy.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:33 am

He is completely missing the point. He's using slavery and ethnicity issues to make a point....and he's reaching.....because those people were still marrying (or desiring to marry) someone from the opposite sex.

DB is right. They can still be together. Olberman is trying to make it seem like ghey people can never be together.

Olberman is also WILDLY misquoting The Bible. As usual.

He and Maher are the two most insufferable babblers out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:43 am

Quote :
You don't "stop" it...it's not your problem. Stay married to your wife and be happy.

100% agree.

I wish people were as passionate about topics such as feeding the hungry or child abuse or anything other than what another person is attracted to. Close your Bibles for a minute and look at the world around you. There are MANY more important things. Like for example, your empty wallet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

100% agree.

I wish people were as passionate about topics such as feeding the hungry or child abuse or anything other than what another person is attracted to. Close your Bibles for a minute and look at the world around you. There are MANY more important things. Like for example, your empty wallet.

The issue of ghey marriage is not the only concern of conservative Christians, it is just one of many. Child abuse, the homeless, world hunger, and many other issues are of a deep concern to us. We don't just read our bibles and attack others, as a whole we donate more time and money to charity than most other groups. Even the evangelicals who mouths are best kept shut sometimes (Pat Robertson and the like) do a lot to help those less fortunate.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:18 pm

DB, good posts man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

100% agree.

YES Spectrefate!!
Thank God there is some sanity across the Atlantic!!!!
The World would be a better place if we all could put aside our hate, fear and predudism and focus on important things!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

100% agree.

100% agree with Spec.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:42 pm

manny wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

100% agree.

100% agree with Spec.
x2

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Quote :
predudism

I don't know about you, but I'm a dude! Have been for quite some time now!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
predudism

I don't know about you, but I'm a dude! Have been for quite some time now!! lol!

lol!
Be nice with a poor norwegian!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:55 pm

Yeah, I can barely speak one language and I'm mocking your one slip-up in months in one of the many languages you speak! I'm a dude and a douche-bag!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Mock away, i don`t mind Very Happy
And speaking of dudes, and bad english. Is a ghey male a dudist? butt dance
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

100% agree.

I'm concerned about all the issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CA allows g4y marriage
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: