Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CA allows g4y marriage

Go down 
+26
manny
Lurideath
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
exact33
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Required Fields
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
XYZ
MoonChild
rattpoison
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
DeathCult
zombiewalkin
Mortuary
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
EvyMetal
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

CA allows g4y marriage Empty
PostSubject: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:15 am

Well this fine state I live in has signed for merry marriage, being the second state to allow it. Any thoughts on this? or merry marriage in general?
AND anyone who was hoping, I am not homosexual. I have a girlfriend.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:22 am

The court went against the voters wishes which was against it! :defleppard: butt dance
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:56 am

I couldn't care less one way or the other. As Ted Nugent once said, "You can f**k buffalo for all I care, just don't make me watch" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:06 am

Everyone has the right to happiness. Treating homosexuals as being somehow deficient humans is wrong, so I think this is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I couldn't care less one way or the other. As Ted Nugent once said, "You can f**k buffalo for all I care, just don't make me watch" Laughing

Sums up my opinion on it as well. Let me know when the law prohibiting STUPID people from marrying comes up though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:43 am

Married gays deserve to be just as miserable as married heteros.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:48 am

spectrefate wrote:
Everyone has the right to happiness. Treating homosexuals as being somehow deficient humans is wrong, so I think this is a good thing.
agreed & very well said.

Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Married gays deserve to be just as miserable as married heteros.

Hah, very true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:47 pm

I don't like that a few judges can overturn the vote of the people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:02 pm

I personally think marriage should only be allowed between a man and a woman. But I do believe that gays should be allowed to join in some sort of union that gives them all the benefits of marriage. Yeah, it's just a word, but it's one that means something to people.

I'm an entirely against this notion that everyone is deserving of everything. Girls cannot join the Boys Scouts. Women cannot join men-only clubs. Simple as that. Make marriage for men and women. Give gays civil unions, or whatever, but give them the same benefits.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Isnt Bakersfield, Ca. full of frogs now?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:33 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I personally think marriage should only be allowed between a man and a woman. But I do believe that gays should be allowed to join in some sort of union that gives them all the benefits of marriage. Yeah, it's just a word, but it's one that means something to people.

I'm an entirely against this notion that everyone is deserving of everything. Girls cannot join the Boys Scouts. Women cannot join men-only clubs. Simple as that. Make marriage for men and women. Give gays civil unions, or whatever, but give them the same benefits.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:30 pm

My opinion is marriage is between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions. I live in Virginia and we voted on a commonwealth (yes, VA is a commonwealth and not a state) consitiutional amendment to ban merry marriages - I actually voted against it because it basicially said that if one of a merry couple dies, the commonwealth can take the estate of the one that died, even if the living partner was left everything in a will - I have a problem with the government telling people what to do with their money. It's a free country and if two people have a partnership and one dies, the government should not be allowed to decided where the estate of the dead partner will go.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:30 am

Eyesore wrote:

Very well put Eyesore
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:46 am

I gotta say this surprised me, California seems to becoming a very progressive state. I hope the rest of the US follows California's lead.

Good on them i say.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:06 am

Thinking about the story of Sodom and Gomorrah i'm not so sure i want to be in California right now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:08 am

Eyesore wrote:

Exactly my thoughts, I completely agree. Well put.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:02 am

Random Fact: Every major world power that has allowed merry marriage as an acceptable act has fallen.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:10 am

xyz wrote:
Random Fact: Every major world power that has allowed merry marriage as an acceptable act has fallen.

Lest we forget communism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:17 am

xyz wrote:

...and I'm sure g4y marriage was the cause. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:52 am

emptytomb1 wrote:

This I can agree with.

As for the main topic, I don't give a rip. If they want to get "married", let 'em. Since I don't have to give MY blessing on the whole deal, it matters little. So long as they aren't trying to force me to think it's a normal lifestyle, and I'm not trying to force my opinions or beliefs on them, we can get along just fine I guess.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 2:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
agreed & very well said.

I`ll second that.. Well put spectre
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:52 pm

I am pro-merry marriage, so this is a good thing in my books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:42 pm

troublezone wrote:
The court went against the voters wishes which was against it! :defleppard: butt dance
I voted for Prop 22 10 years ago or so when it was first a big ballot issue in CA. It was PASSED with like 64% of responsible adults CRUSHING same sex marriage. But in that sickening culture and state, it obviously means nothing that even the majority in arguably the most (or one of the most) liberal state in North America, know it's wrong and voted against it. So instead, they lobby, protest and throw millions of dollars at the most corrupt, sickening and shameful court for years, until they finally buckle to what even THEY know to be totally wrong and detrimental to the very fiber of our society.

But I really don't have anything to say on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CA allows g4y marriage
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: