Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CA allows g4y marriage

Go down 
+26
manny
Lurideath
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
exact33
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Required Fields
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
XYZ
MoonChild
rattpoison
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
DeathCult
zombiewalkin
Mortuary
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
EvyMetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 pm

I agree with mc666, merry marriage or civil unions or whatever you want to call it, it is going happen and it will not cause the fall of western civilation.

As matter fact I think it will cause a great deal of indifference. Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am

Good grief... I made one wise-ass comment about Wanda Sykes and I kicked over quite a hornet's nest didn't I?? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:00 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Like all of you Christians haven't popped your woman's poope
r.

I don't get how this is connected. It's still a man-woman act. What's unnatural about that?
It's sodomy, which is apparently a sin, and justification for hate against gays.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Good grief... I made one wise-ass comment about Wanda Sykes and I kicked over quite a hornet's nest didn't I?? Shocked

Yes you did you heartless bastard! Very Happy

I'm not getting into any arguments over this subject, it accomplishes nothing (though I remain of the belief that marriage is only between a man and a woman). Whether merry marriage is allowed or not, as long as it's up to the voters, what happens happens. I don't believe the government has any right to allow or disallow merry marriage. In America, it's the will of the people that counts. That is why, while I don't like Obama I accept him as President because the people elected him. I am only responsible for my own actions, not others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:18 am

Quote :
It's sodomy

Who says it's sodomy?

Who says it's a sin?

Are you reading archaic law?

Are you reading a different Bible?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
It's sodomy

Who says it's sodomy?

Who says it's a sin?

Are you reading archaic law?

Are you reading a different Bible?

That and oral are illegal in VA.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Isn't pretty much EVERYTHING illegal in VA?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!!! They don't actually charge people with those "crimes", they are just on the books from centuries ago.

As far those things being sin in marriage, depends if you believe in the doctrine of biblical inerrancy and if so then which scripture verse you choose to believe
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!!! They don't actually charge people with those "crimes", they are just on the books from centuries ago.

As far those things being sin in marriage, depends if you believe in the doctrine of biblical inerrancy and if so then which scripture verse you choose to believe

If it isn't condemned in scripture then it's up to the individual to decide if he or she is comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:42 pm

I think it is a good thing. I am for homosexual marriage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Frankly I dont care myself but im not surprised that California is the 2nd state to allow it, not surprised at all
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Addy wrote:
Frankly I dont care myself but im not surprised that California is the 2nd state to allow it, not surprised at all

Actually, civil unions between homosexuals are legal, but the term marriage was declared to be only between a man and a woman. Most people don't realize that, they think that this is denying homosexuals the same rights as married people, which is not the case. They just can't call it marriage. Considering the people voted for this in California, that IS a suprise.
Back to top Go down
King D
Metal novice
Metal novice
King D

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Civil Unions are different, though. There are rights restricted to marriage that civil unions do not have, and that's why it's unequal. For instance, there are certain federal/tax benefits that married people have that people in civil unions do not have. I for one, even though I do not live in California, am very upset that Proposition 8 passed. Even though Christians believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, there is supposed to be a Separation of Church and State. Christianity-- or any other religion for that matter-- should not be allowed to completely influence America's laws.

Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be rude or look down on anyone's religion or anything! I respect you all! I just believe that religion shouldn't have a place in politics, even if Prop. 8 wasn't fueled by it. (Though I kinda think it was)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Addy wrote:

We just banned it. Four San Francisco judges went against voters wishes the first time.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 pm

King D wrote:
Civil Unions are different, though. There are rights restricted to marriage that civil unions do not have, and that's why it's unequal. For instance, there are certain federal/tax benefits that married people have that people in civil unions do not have. I for one, even though I do not live in California, am very upset that Proposition 8 passed. Even though Christians believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, there is supposed to be a Separation of Church and State. Christianity-- or any other religion for that matter-- should not be allowed to completely influence America's laws.

Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be rude or look down on anyone's religion or anything! I respect you all! I just believe that religion shouldn't have a place in politics, even if Prop. 8 wasn't fueled by it. (Though I kinda think it was)

I'm pretty sure that not all the people that voted for prop 8 were Christian. Many different cultures don't like it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:23 pm

King D wrote:

Sorry, but this was a voter decision, this had nothing to do with a religious institution implementing public policy so separation of church and state has nothing to do with that law. Yeah, there were probably many Christians who voted for it, but they have just as much a right to vote as anybody else. Separation of church and state is supposed to protect religion from government. You can't say to someone that because they are of a certain religious belief that their vote doesn't count. The fact is that the majority still rules in this country. Until the majority changes policy will remain as it is.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Saying that I shouldn't let my faith interfere with politics is denying myself the ability to express my beliefs. Freedom of expression is all and good until someone tries to express their spiritual beliefs; then, it's a "crime" against "progress" and "free thinking."

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 pm

cant say i am a huge fan of homosexuality but it is legal for "merry" marriage in the uk and to be honest it has made no real big difference to society. well you cant have a merry marriage. its a civil ceremony that allows homosexuals to have rights in the event of a split.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 pm

xyz wrote:
Saying that I shouldn't let my faith interfere with politics is denying myself the ability to express my beliefs. Freedom of expression is all and good until someone tries to express their spiritual beliefs; then, it's a "crime" against "progress" and "free thinking."

My 2 cents.

I agree. Certain people cry foul when you express your faith in politics but otherwise couldn't care less.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:41 pm

TheGooch wrote:
cant say i am a huge fan of homosexuality but it is legal for "merry" marriage in the uk and to be honest it has made no real big difference to society. well you cant have a merry marriage. its a civil ceremony that allows homosexuals to have rights in the event of a split.

So it's legal civil union or marriage?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:01 pm

no only a civil union. its illegal for a merry couple to get married in church or so i am led to believe
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:53 pm

troublezone wrote:
xyz wrote:

My 2 cents.

I agree. Certain people cry foul when you express your faith in politics but otherwise couldn't care less.

No matter what Religion?
Is it ok for Muslims, Buddists, Satanists ++ to express their faith in politics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Olafsto wrote:
troublezone wrote:
xyz wrote:

My 2 cents.

No matter what Religion?
Is it ok for Muslims, Buddists, Satanists ++ to express their faith in politics?

Sure, their votes count just as much as anybody's. However, being in the minority they might not have much impact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

If you're against g4y marraige, don't marry a g4y person...settled.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If you're against g4y marraige, don't marry a g4y person...settled.

It really is that simple!! humble
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CA allows g4y marriage
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: