Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CA allows g4y marriage

Go down 
+26
manny
Lurideath
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
exact33
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Required Fields
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
XYZ
MoonChild
rattpoison
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
DeathCult
zombiewalkin
Mortuary
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
EvyMetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Quote :
Like all of you Christians haven't popped your woman's poope
r.

I don't get how this is connected. It's still a man-woman act. What's unnatural about that?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Toho - I love that Bird poster!! Ah, PC fools!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What's so sacred about the title of "marriage"?

As someone posted earlier, with a 50% divorce rate, hasn't society already pretty much made the "sanctity" of the concept obsolete?

Marriage isn't sacred in the least. All that happens is you share all your stuff and live in the same house.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Toho - I love that Bird poster!! Ah, PC fools!!

I'd had that pic as part of my 45+ pic screensaver for years and someone got upset because of the "retard" reference. My boss had to watch me delete it to satisfy HR.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What's so sacred about the title of "marriage"?

As someone posted earlier, with a 50% divorce rate, hasn't society already pretty much made the "sanctity" of the concept obsolete?

Doesn't change what it is or stands for. Rotten apples will always spoil a bunch.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:07 pm

What specifically makes it "rotten"? Because it's sinful?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Bottom line for me is this:

I don't think homosexuals are any more sinful than any other representative of homo sapiens. We all are born into sin and many continue to practice their pet sin throughout their lives.

Why demonize this particular segment of mankind?

It's not that they're sinful but the lack of repentance or the mass acceptance there of. If a married man is doing something immoral i will point it out as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:

The rotten part is the dragging the name through the mud factor that is why some threw that aruement my way right? People look down on it now. As long as some still hold it sacred like it always had been it will remain.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm

So by that logic, non-Christians shouldn't be allowed to marry? By the Christian doctrine, all humans are born sinful and non-Christians by definition are "unrepentant" and therefore shouldn't be allowed to marry?

See how slippery this slope is? Precisely why the government should keep out IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:14 pm

troublezone wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The rotten part is the dragging the name through the mud factor that is why some threw that aruement my way right? People look down on it now. As long as some still hold it sacred like it always had been it will remain.

I'm not sure I understand this post.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:16 pm

BTW, for what it's worth, I consider myself a Christian however this is just one of many issues where I differentiate myself from "Conservative Christians". I think Conservatives get too wrapped up in issues like this (which I consider "minutia") instead of focusing on more important issues.

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:
but this was done the right way and the voters have spoken.

Yes. Yes they have.

CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 M_4a2953abf54840039d2cef9f001a8316

In his own words he is for civil union.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oZ_pe1MZ8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
So by that logic, non-Christians shouldn't be allowed to marry? By the Christian doctrine, all humans are born sinful and non-Christians by definition are "unrepentant" and therefore shouldn't be allowed to marry?

See how slippery this slope is? Precisely why the government should keep out IMO.

Yes but that's why there is the cheap Vegas weddings or the one's done by a judge not priest or pastor. The Godless weddings are viable in todays society but i'm talking about the traditional Christian marriage that is and will remain sacred 'til the end.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, for what it's worth, I consider myself a Christian however this is just one of many issues where I differentiate myself from "Conservative Christians". I think Conservatives get too wrapped up in issues like this (which I consider "minutia") instead of focusing on more important issues.

As a Christian which you stated you are, do you think going against God's will is not important? I know there are other issus in the world and they all need to be addressed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm

troublezone wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

As a Christian which you stated you are, do you think going against God's will is not important? I know there are other issus in the world and they all need to be addressed.

What I'm saying is if government can legislate who can and can't get married based on the Christian codex, then all the groups I've mentioned previously (liars, gluttons, enviers, etc) should also be prohibited from getting "married" or else we're ascribing a "degree" to sins.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:33 pm

It's just way too easy to give in to the opposition an let them have their way. I am respectful of other people opinions because they have that right but at the same time i need to voice my opinion.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Love the sinner; hate the sin. That's what I believe, and I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:39 pm

xyz wrote:
Love the sinner; hate the sin. That's what I believe, and I'll leave it at that.

I wholeheartedly agree.

What I object to is "legislating" the sin.

And TZ, I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this issue. I appreciate the civil discussion but it's becoming obvious it's not getting us anywhere so I'm bowing out.

Again, thanks for keeping a potentially volatile discussion civil...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
troublezone wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

What I'm saying is if government can legislate who can and can't get married based on the Christian codex, then all the groups I've mentioned previously (liars, gluttons, enviers, etc) should also be prohibited from getting "married" or else we're ascribing a "degree" to sins.

That's true but the essence of marriage is about family and we were made as male and female and that is the issue at hand. The sin factor is not really the only thing wrong with it. It's a trend that will lead to another trend if you get what i'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
xyz wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree.

And TZ, I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this issue. I appreciate the civil discussion but it's becoming obvious it's not getting us anywhere so I'm bowing out.

No problem man. I like everyone here and i'm not trying to be anyone's enemy but i needed to voice my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 pm

xyz wrote:

I don't hate them like i said before. Overlooking my beliefs to appease someone else is doing myself an injustice.

Last edited by troublezone on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 pm

merry marriage will happen. maybe not today, or even 5 years from now. but it will happen. just as we ended segregation & gave women the right to vote. we will continue to evolve. it's just a matter of time.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:47 pm

troublezone wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
xyz wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree.

No problem man. I like everyone here and i'm not trying to be anyone's enemy but i needed to voice my opinion.

Totally understood bro.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
merry marriage will happen. maybe not today, or even 5 years from now. but it will happen. just as we ended segregation & gave women the right to vote. we will continue to evolve. it's just a matter of time.

CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 46812
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:49 pm

mc666 wrote:

WW3 says we won't. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CA allows g4y marriage   CA allows g4y marriage - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CA allows g4y marriage
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: