Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard help?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 5:09 am

Ok all, I need your help. Like most people I lost interest in DL after Hysteria. But I just picked up thier new album and it rocks. Like it heaps. What are the

essential albums I must have between Hysteria & Songs from the Sparkle Lounge.

I know Yeah was crap sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:04 am

IMO, the only essential albums of DL came out between 1980-1987.
Back to top Go down

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:34 am

All but X.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

why not X? I thought it was good. I guess i'll have to go back and give it a listen I remember liking that one more than I liked Euphoria.

As for a good album after Hysteria I would say check out Retroactive. Its kind of like a compilation album of older songs that were either b sides or not released and they were re-recorded.
Back to top Go down

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Check out the almighty Slang - one of the most underrated Rock albums of the entire 90's! Artistically, it was the Hysteria of that decade; Leppard reinventing themselves and transchending boundaries.
Back to top Go down

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
why not X? I thought it was good. I guess i'll have to go back and give it a listen I remember liking that one more than I liked Euphoria.

As for a good album after Hysteria I would say check out Retroactive. Its kind of like a compilation album of older songs that were either b sides or not released and they were re-recorded.
I don't dislike X, but I listen to it very little. Too much pop. The outside songwriters made the band sound different—and the light production didn't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdCPa_eIVI

Yeah, that's live, but good ol' Lionel did a studio version, too. Why? Because it was never Def Leppard's song.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:22 am

I was skipping through X tonight on the way home from band practice. It actually had a lot of pretty good songs but I remember a lot of them reminded me of aerosmith songs.

I barely listen to any def leppard anymore. Its funny cause they were the only band I would listen to when I was younger.

Oh and that lionel richie thing made me vomit in my mouth lol. good thing i didnt like that song anyway haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Def Leppard help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard help?   Def Leppard help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: