Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
chewie
Troublezone
stepcousin
krokus
nevermore
Schbopo
JBall_Z
James B.
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
18 posters
AuthorMessage

Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Def Leppard -- High 'n' Dry is my favorite Def Lep album... and it's one of those rare albums that doesn't have a single bad song on it.

There are the tracks everyone seems to know, like "Let It Go," "Mirror Mirror," and "Bringin' On The Heartbreak," but there are some awesome tracks that are not talked about so much, too, like "Lady Strange" and "You Got Me Runnin'."

Any other fans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:29 pm

My favorite also. I wish they'd done more like Lady Strange, a little darker for them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:36 pm

By far the best Def Leppard IMO, just a great album with excellent production, great songs and performances from the entire band, especially the chemistry between the late Steve Clark and soon to be ousted Pete Willis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes, how I miss Steve in this band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Coincidentally, I just upgraded this album to CD earlier this week...haha. So I've been listening to it non stop since then. SUCH a great frickin' raw hard rock album!!

Def Leppard has been pretty well irrelevant to me since 1987 but HIGH N DRY remains one of the world's greatest Air Guitar Records.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Easily my favorite DL album and one of my favorite albums period.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12623

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:56 pm

I still remember going to see Blackfoot and this band opened up. I had heard a few tunes from the debut but the new tunes they played from this lp were rockin'. The opening riff for "Let it Go" is top shelf stuff. I am in the camp that proclaims the following.... "Once Willis was gone, Leppard lost their balls" Sure a good song here and here for a few more years.....but ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:03 pm

It was one of my first cd purchases and I really like the songs on it. For some dumb reason I got rid of it and haven't replaced it yet.I guess I needed the money at the time.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Static Fuse wrote:
Def Leppard -- High 'n' Dry is my favorite Def Lep album...

Mine too. It's still one of my all-time favorite albums from any band. A classic.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:29 pm

GREAT record. Not a bad tune on it. It's like the perfect bridge between their heavy metal side and their pop side.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

My favorite Def Leppard release. Classic album!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:34 am

My fave too.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:45 am

Thier best album. When Pete Willis left after haflway completing Pyromania, I think they were never the same again. He wrote alot of the music on their first 2 albums and some of Pyromania. The most underrated member, former or current, to ever play in Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:23 am

Definately their best album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 am

James B. wrote:
I still remember going to see Blackfoot and this band opened up. I had heard a few tunes from the debut but the new tunes they played from this lp were rockin'. The opening riff for "Let it Go" is top shelf stuff. I am in the camp that proclaims the following.... "Once Willis was gone, Leppard lost their balls" Sure a good song here and here for a few more years.....but ?

I saw that tour too!

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Top 5 NWOBHM in my book. And their masterpiece, imo.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm

My first DL.... It switches spots with the On Through The Night as my fave.
Songs:
Hit And Run
No No No
On Through The Night
even Switch 625 is cool

It truely is an album that I do not skip songs on.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 am

I actually prefer the first LP, but High 'n' Dry is definitely good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 am

I tend to flip-flop between this one and On Through The Night as my favorite DL. For the sake of this discussion, today I'll say High n Dry. Everything after these 2 albums have been spotty for me. Some I like, some I don't and some (latter period)I've never heard.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I recently got lucky and found the remastered edition (with the remixes). Now I hadn't given Def Leppard much thought one way or the other for a long time. But I never remember back in the day this record being this great. And not just in a "it's a good Def Leppard album" kind of way either.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:50 pm

chewie wrote:
My first DL.... It switches spots with the On Through The Night as my fave.
Songs:
Hit And Run
No No No
On Through The Night
even Switch 625 is cool

It truely is an album that I do not skip songs on.

Switch 625 is very cool.

Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes) might be my favorite song from the album if I had to pick, but the whole album is killer, even the KISS-like Lady Strange.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:20 pm

I still find myself listening to this record these days; but I do not think I have listened to any other DL release in literally years. Guess you can say this has turned out to be my fave from them.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:03 am

Static Fuse wrote:
Def Leppard -- High 'n' Dry is my favorite Def Lep album... and it's one of those rare albums that doesn't have a single bad song on it.

There are the tracks everyone seems to know, like "Let It Go," "Mirror Mirror," and "Bringin' On The Heartbreak," but there are some awesome tracks that are not talked about so much, too, like "Lady Strange" and "You Got Me Runnin'."

Any other fans?

An absolute classic!! One of the best albums of 1981
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:16 am

My favorite record of theirs. Clark and Willis were a great team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry   Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: