Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law

Go down 
+9
Witchfinder
Citanul
chewie
Fat Freddy
Dr8breed74
Glower
MoonChild
Gilbert
13 posters

Which of these two NWOBHM bands do you like more and why?
DEF LEPPARD
Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Vote_lcap83%Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
MARSHALL LAW
Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Vote_lcap17%Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:45 pm

I prefer marshall law by far. Simply because they never sold out, simply because they are metal.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 1:51 am

I hear what ya say, but there are few bands that can match the brilliance of early Def Leppard (first 3 albums +1).

Marshall Law is definitely a good band, but my vote goes to Def Leppard (for the reason stated above).

fanboy here hahahaha

Last edited by MoonChild on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 9:53 am

Def - they were huge during High school - then they got sugary - big time -
I was a raodie for them, for a few shows, on the Pyromania summer tour -
and they had tradgic things occur - and pushed on with the show -
Ha ha ha, almost dropped a ramp on the one arm drummers foot - him and I laughed about it -
great guys - they played soccer on the outdoor fields - Europe was openers -
That singer for Europe was over-the-top handsome - in a Mount Olympus / Robert Plant way -
Steve Clark was pale as a ghost and sickly and skinny - shocked when he died -
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 10:16 am

Damn. Nostalgia is taking over metal.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Def Leppard. Never heard Marshall Law.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 pm

I honestly thought I was the only one that was going to say 'Never heard Marshall Law.' I'm 40 and feel quite ashamed. Leppard will have to win for now.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 12:15 pm

I think I've heard one Marshall Law album, and found them average (at best).

So, even though I have paid virtually no attention to Def Leppard post-"Hysteria" they win by default, I guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Never heard of Marshall Law either. I just looked them up and they didn't release their first album until 1989.

Went with DL for the pre-"Hysteria" era.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:28 pm

It's a bit of an odd question given that Marshall Law don't appear to be that particularly well known. So Def Leppard will probably take this poll by default.

chewie wrote:
Never heard of Marshall Law either. I just looked them up and they didn't release their first album until 1989.

I saw that too. So unless they were around for a long time before releasing their first album, they aren't actually a NWOBHM band.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Marshall Law isn't an NWOBHM band. They arrived way too late to be considered that. They are a quality traditional metal band though.

I picked Def Lep because their run from their EP through Pyromania is really good. I have no use for them after that.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:48 pm

What a weird poll.... But this is my thoughts as well:

Witchfinder wrote:

I picked Def Lep because their run from their EP through Pyromania is really good.  I have no use for them after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm not a super-fan of either band, and don't know all their material, but from the ones I have, it's not even close. Marshall Law.

I have their Best of (Power Crazy) and Razorhead albums, and they just play heavy metal the way it's supposed to be played. I've heard most early Def Lep and obviously seen their MTV hit videos, and I can't deny there's some good (NWOBHM) stuff in there, but even at their best, they just don't appeal to me much. Marshall Law is where it's at. And I can't believe the Law is losing this vote on a metal board.

Also, I never thought of Marshall Law as a NWOBHM band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Who's gonna be the next matchup, Scorpions vs. Kreator? They don't have anything in common aside from country of origin, either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Slayer vs. Wham.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Roy Rogers vs. King Diamond
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Never heard of Marshall Law
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 11:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Who's gonna be the next matchup, Scorpions vs. Kreator? They don't have anything in common aside from country of origin, either.

Right. I started this poll because I have been listening to both bands a lot lately.

I probably should have picked a metal band instead of DL who are obviously a glam band.

scorpions vs krearor would be a nice choice Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 3:10 am

I've been listening to a lot of Exodus and Boston this week.Wonder who would win that poll?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 3:16 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of Exodus and Boston this week.Wonder who would win that poll?

Boston had the better debut, but Pleasures Of The Flesh absolutely smokes Don't Look Back. Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:39 am

S.D. wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Boston had the better debut, but Pleasures Of The Flesh absolutely smokes Don't Look Back.  Razz

So True! Haha
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 6:24 am

What is wrong? Two metal bands opposed in a poll!

Well maybe most of the members are not familiar with Marshall law. My bad... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 6:41 am

So I checked again. Del leppard is a NWOBHM band (I guess).

Marshall law is a NWOBHM highly influenced band.

poll seems logic...some members, on the other hand, not that much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law   Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard vs. Marshall Law
Page 1 of 1