Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell

Go down 
+29
SAHB Healer
powermacho
Neuropete
Critique Oblique
Svengo
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
Lari
Chairman_Smith
Red Kitty
akeldama
metalken
sam
sonofthunder
exact33
Troublezone
skullsmasher
manny
Muloc7253
Required Fields
XYZ
Fat Freddy
zombiewalkin
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
ultmetal
mc666
candlemass
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:03 am

detuned wrote:
Here's a good example of an album review where the reviewer evidently didn't listen to the album. Courtesy of Rolling "clueless" Stone magazine.

"Previously known simply as "Black Sabbath With
Ronnie James Dio Singing and Vinny Appice Drumming," Heaven and Hell
excel at ye olde power-dungeon plod. Too bad Tony Iommi and Geezer
Butler's most churning riffs tend to last mere seconds, before getting
buried under attention-deficit arrangements and Dio's theatrical
mythopoeia — which gets tiring when so many songs exceed six minutes.
Here and there, gothic-dirge effects and emotionally spent choruses
shine through. More pressingly: Is "Eating the Cannibals" a secret
update of Total Coelo's 1983 New Wave novelty "I Eat Cannibals"? The
world may never know. "

I subscribe to Rolling Clueless magazine and they still hate anything that is related to heavy metal, these tools should stick to covering Britny Spears, old aging hippies and whatever sh!tty band they think is the hippest young thing, Black Sabbath doesnot need that magazine.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 am

lol@aging hippies. The latest issue has like a 7 or 8 page feature on Kris Kristofferson. scratch

My girl got me a subscription as a gift. I like it. There's TONS of stuff I don't care about in it, but I do find it interesting. I get really annoyed by their hippie principals often though. FOX isn't fair or balanced and neither is RS.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
lol@aging hippies. The latest issue has like a 7 or 8 page feature on Kris Kristofferson. scratch

My girl got me a subscription as a gift. I like it. There's TONS of stuff I don't care about in it, but I do find it interesting. I get really annoyed by their hippie principals often though. FOX isn't fair or balanced and neither is RS.

I like the magazine but like you stated MM, they have TONS of crap, one time I received the magazine and it had the Jonas Brothers on the cover, for crying out loud I had to make sure they didnot send me Tiger Beat by mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am

I have a subscription to RS, all issues stay in the bathroom for throne reading material...and in case I run out of toilet paper.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:46 am

I just preordered this. CD+DVD.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:47 pm

BLACK SABBATHHeaven & Hell - Page 4 Mag-glass_10x10 fan site Black-Sabbath.com has revealed the details of several "exclusive" physical and digital retail versions of HEAVEN & HELL's forthcoming debut album, "The Devil In You", which is scheduled to arrive in North America on April 28 from Rhino for a suggested list price of $18.98 (physical) and $9.99 (digital). The effort will also be released as double vinyl LP featuring a laser etched design and exclusive poster on May 12.

The details are as follows:

* Best Buy will offer an exclusive version featuring a DVD with unreleased video of the band recording the album including studio performances, interviews, and other behind-the-scenes content. (See several clips from the DVD below.)

* Wal-Mart will offer an exclusive alternate cover (see image below) that prominently features the traditional BLACK SABBATH devil logo. When finalizing the cover, the band narrowed it down to their two favorites but had a difficult time making a final decision. Now the alternate cover will also be available as a Wal-Mart exclusive.

* iTunes will offer an exclusive version with previously unreleased live recordings of "Die Young" and "I" from the band's 2007 European tour.

* Select independent retail stores will offer exclusive HEAVEN & HELL T-shirts and/or copies of the album signed by the entire band, while supplies last. See below for a list of all participating stores and contact them directly for more details.

Participating independent retail stores:

* Cactus Music - Houston, TX
* The Exchange - Cleveland, OH
* Independent Records - Denver, CO
* Looney Tunes - Long Island, NY
* Newbury Comics - 28 total stores in Boston, MA area
* Record Theatre - Buffalo, NY
* Record & Tape Traders - Washington D.C.
* Rolling Stone - Chicago, IL
* Silver Platters - Seattle, WA
* The Omega Order - online only
* Vintage Vinyl - Fords, NJ
* Zias - Phoenix, AZ, Tucson, AZ & Las Vegas, NV

HEAVEN & HELL is the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums).

Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Devilyouknow_walmart

I think I like the original cover, but for anyone who was bothered by the original would or should be happy with this.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Not surprising to see Wal Mart with that cover...they are so radically right wing I'm sure they refused to carry the other version.

Just another reason I hate Wal Mart.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 pm

detuned wrote:
Not surprising to see Wal Mart with that cover...they are so radically right wing I'm sure they refused to carry the other version.

Agreed, too bad that's the only store we got 'round where I live.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 pm

detuned wrote:

Well, the 25 41 on the cover refers to:

Matthew 25:41 (New International Version)

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm getting the Best Buy version....
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 pm

For some reason I kinda like the Wal-Mart version. It looks less goofy to me than the other version.

Last edited by Svengo on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

I already made my purchase, do not inform me of alternative versions! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 pm

There's going to be a 2-LP set sometime down the road...I'll probably buy that as well.
Back to top Go down
Critique Oblique
Metal novice
Metal novice
Critique Oblique

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:24 am

That original cover idea has been tossed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:27 am

Critique Oblique wrote:
That original cover idea has been tossed?

Only by Wal-Mart, the other cover will be available everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Same here. There's a Best Buy right down by work. I can run out at lunch and pick it up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 am

"Heaven and Hell" sounds like a cover band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am

Neuropete wrote:
"Heaven and Hell" sounds like a cover band.

You are right a tribute act to the Dio years, Iommi was stated in several interviews that he was surprised that name was still not being used by some other band.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Mob Rules would be a more fitting name for the band since it's not the Heaven and Hell lineup, but that name actually IS taken.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:02 pm

I did my pre-order yesterday. From the 3 versions so far the one from bestbuy is the cheapest one. I got it for 10.50 with taxes and other fees. I hope this is the dvd version.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Wal-Mart I suppose is still paranoid about that part of their clientele that went around checking whether their talking dolls were saying evil things or not. insane

Rolling Stone should have figured out 30 years ago that it might be good to let people who understand metal do the writing about it. It makes me feel ashamed to be old. Pathetic. Heaven & Hell - Page 4 251456

You'd think the world would have learned to cope with the idea of Black Sabbath by now, but I guess not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 pm

In the past year Rolling Stone FINALLY put AC/DC and Rush on the cover of their magazine...they are a little slow on the uptake.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:37 am

detuned wrote:
In the past year Rolling Stone FINALLY put AC/DC and Rush on the cover of their magazine...they are a little slow on the uptake.

I've said this too many times already, but this is what really burns me about these people. They think it matters when they finally decide that a band deserves respect because they were the grandfathers of something or other that has endured despite the pundits disdain.
I guess I should give Rolling Stone credit for sticking to their guns for 40 years at least regarding Black Sabbath being rotten. But criticizing Heaven and Hell for being a "plodding band with gothic imagery" is nothing more than meaningless regurgitation. Why would anybody expect or want anything else from the Sabbath crew for crying out loud? Real knowlegable criticsm of an album is fair enough and sometimes warrented (I personally was lukewarm about Dehumanizer myself); but this sort of lofty disdain from these pseudo-ecclectic morons is the reason that I never even glance at their rag, not even when I'm in the waiting room at the dentist.
Did I mention that I don't like their magazine very much?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:37 am

Rolling Stone magazine when it comes to their music coverage has always been elitist crap, they either worship at altar of Bob Dylan and Neil Young ( I am fan of both) or what they feel is most cutting edge band on the planet. Other than the Rolling Stones and the late Jimi Hendrix they usually give out negative press coverage to anything that smacks of hard rock.

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin were for years trashed in their magazine, it was not til the mid 80's that the magazine has changed their tune on their importance. You can also add AC/DC to the magazine becoming recent converts, of course it may have not helped that Bon Scott once asked an editor of Rolling Stone if he has ever listened to rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next