Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell

Go down 
+29
SAHB Healer
powermacho
Neuropete
Critique Oblique
Svengo
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
Lari
Chairman_Smith
Red Kitty
akeldama
metalken
sam
sonofthunder
exact33
Troublezone
skullsmasher
manny
Muloc7253
Required Fields
XYZ
Fat Freddy
zombiewalkin
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
ultmetal
mc666
candlemass
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Yes!!!!! I am going to buy the new BLACK SABBATH CD the day it is released.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Although the Dio era Sabbath is my favorite, I don't care what they call themselves these days. Heaven and Hell or Black Sabbath..whatever. As long as the music rocks, and I know it will, it doesn't much matter to me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

I am all over this as well. I wonder if there will be a japan version with bonus tracks?

Alex

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:06 pm

I'll buy this because of Iommi's playing more than Dio's input. Same thing with new AIC, Cantrell is the selling point as well.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Count me in on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I'll buy this because of Iommi's playing more than Dio's input. Same thing with new AIC, Cantrell is the selling point as well.

Don't forget about the mighty Geezer!

Heaven & Hell - Page 3 GeezerButler_LRG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:28 pm

courtesy of black-sabbath.com

The Devil You Know Track Listing

I just received an email from Rhino records with some news that you are
going to want to hear. It contains the official track listing for the
forthcoming album, "The Devil You Know", due April 28th. So without
further adieu, here is the official track listing, premiered first on
the Internet here at Black Sabbath Online...

1. Atom & Evil
  2. Fear
  3. Bible Black
  4. Double the Pain
  5. Rock & Roll Angel
  6. The Turn of the Screw
  7. Eating the Cannibals
  8. Follow the Tears
  9. Neverwhere
  10. Breaking into Heaven
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Now how 'bout some sound clips! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:34 pm

candlemass wrote:
Heaven & Hell - Page 3 DioOzzy
Whatever dood, by 07 I will have stolen your band for the third time and renamed it!
haha, I didn't think those two had ever met.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:41 pm

I was just going to post the track listing until detuned did in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Heaven & Hell - Page 3 DioOzzy
Whatever dood, by 07 I will have stolen your band for the third time and renamed it!
haha, I didn't think those two had ever met.

Neither did I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:57 pm

exact33 wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:
I find myself calling the band Black Sabbath most of the time or Dio Sabbath but it really doesn't bother me too much one way or the other. I have seen the band twice with Dio once with Ozzy and once with Ian Gillan. They were all great shows and I didn't feel cheated out of any songs from any of the set lists. I do feel that Dio does his songs best and I don't dislike any of the tunes he has done and they more than fill a great setlist with out going back into Ozzy era tunes. Same thing with Ozzy, I don't really think he could do Sign of The Southern Cross or Mob Rules justice but he is great at what he does

i call them BS too.. its all a technicality anyways.. I bet the new cd will get filed under Black Sabbath Smile

Alex

Ronnie, Tony, Ozzy...three of maybe a dozen or so men who completely embody what Heavy Metal is...and it's a lil' ol' non-musician, businesswoman who's preventing the band from using the Black Sabbath nomenclature. It's way beyond strange too. We've had some terrible pieces of ca-ca released with the Black Sabbath name on it. Does anyone remember 'Seventh Star' and 'Forbidden'? And, here we're gearing up for a monster effort from a lineup which was once named Black Sabbath, and who more than aynone deserves to be dubbed with the title once again, yet they have to resort to grabbing the name of a past album? Dungetit. Natatall. Who the heck wants 'Forbidden' to be the last BS album in history? It should be the forthcoming release by Iomm/Dio/Butler/Appice.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Dio rules so there's no doubt I'll be picking this one up.

And I actually liked most of those Tony Martin albums. And Seventh Star, too, kind of. Not nearly as much as I liked the Dio era albums though, but that goes without saying.

Dio's Master of the Moon was a slight disappointment. Seemed a bit tired and I honestly think going back to Craig Goldy after hearing the awesome Doug Aldrich on guitar made it seem even more flat.

Of course when you get Iommi, there's plenty of awesome riffs and a killer tone, so no worries about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Lari wrote:
Dio rules so there's no doubt I'll be picking this one up.

And I actually liked most of those Tony Martin albums. And Seventh Star, too, kind of. Not nearly as much as I liked the Dio era albums though, but that goes without saying.

Dio's Master of the Moon was a slight disappointment. Seemed a bit tired and I honestly think going back to Craig Goldy after hearing the awesome Doug Aldrich on guitar made it seem even more flat.

Of course when you get Iommi, there's plenty of awesome riffs and a killer tone, so no worries about that.

A new Sabbath title with Dio on the mic is always good news. There's always a better chance than not that the resulting product will be better than both the last Sabbath or Dio individual releases because such a union is apt to spark new inspiration for both Tony and Ronnie. And, it's probably best that these entities only get together every once in a very long time. That keeps the collaboration fresh and inspired. If they were recording all the time together, the results wouldn't be so hot before long. It's sad that in all that time they spent together from '98 to '06, the Ozzy-led Sabbath couldn't come up with a single album's worth of songs. Unbelievable, yo. That's what happens when you choose Reality TV over your other, better, more meaningful job.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:43 am

detuned wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Don't forget about the mighty Geezer!

Heaven & Hell - Page 3 GeezerButler_LRG

how could anyone forget those pants? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:32 am

Heaven & Hell - Page 3 33283451335031131013

Don't know if this will be the official one or not...but this is one of the cover art "finalists" for the new CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 am

Very cool cover, detuned. WOW! Where'd ya find that?

Yoda says: Grab yourself a listen, have you?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 pm

I didnot want to start a new thread but here is some interesting news;

Ronnie James Dio has announced that he has begun to write his autobiography. Come inside for full details! Words: Jon Hotten.
Ronnie James Dio is at work on an autobiography that, true to form for one of rock n roll’s more enigmatic characters, will ‘not be centred around myself so much as me telling my life story through the stories of those around me’.
Speaking exclusively to Classic Rock, Dio explained that he’s fitting the writing around a hectic schedule with Heaven And Hell, who release a new album, The Devil You Know, through Roadrunner later this month.
“Every time I feel I’m getting halfway there, another halfway comes along,” he says. “But yes, I’m writing it and it’s certainly going to be very, very interesting for people interested in the bands I’ve been in and the people I’ve played with.
‘You have to have a focal point, and I guess that had to be me. It’s an autobiography, but within it, I tell the stories that somehow explain a little bit what Ritchie [Blackmore]’s like or Tony [Iommi]’s like or Geezer [Butler]’s like. I don’t analyse them, but just in telling the tales I paint everyone in as good a light as possible. It’s not a tell-all book.”
Don’t expect The Dirt, then, but as Dio explains, endless drugs and groupies aren’t everyone’s scene. “I’ve tried to live my life on a very straight path,’ he says. ‘I’m not Nikki Sixx or people who go over the edge. That’s alluring to a lot of people, but I’m sure being a little bit different is alluring to some other people, too.”
Dio aims to have the as yet untitled book out at some point next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm

That should be a fascinating read. Dio has had a very respectable career, not many other artists have been fortunate enough to be involved in so many legendary bands...and to be consistently performing at the highest level the entire time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:44 am

Here is Geezer's take on working with Ozzy and Dio:

Heaven & Hell/Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler has told Decibel magazine that working with singer Ronnie James Dio is a hell of a lot easier than working with Ozzy Osbourne. "Ronnie's a songwriter in his own right — he's got tons of ideas," the bassist said. "Whereas Ozzy... in the old days, he'd come up with a vocal line and I'd write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well."
Osbourne apparanetly never took Butler's musical ideas seriously, either. "If we were with Ozzy and I came in with the killer riff of all time, Ozzy wouldn't even think of doing it because I'm not the guitarist and that's the way he thinks," Butler said. "When we tried to do a Sabbath album in 2001, we all gave each other CDs of our riffs or song ideas. Ozzy didn't even listen to mine. Because I'm not a guitarist, he felt I shouldn't be playing guitar. That's why it was so bloody hard to write anything."
Geezer Butler says oftheir debut CD, "The Devil You Know": "If we'd written this album with Ozzy, we'd still be working on the first track."
The contrast between Ozzy and Dio comes into even sharper focus on tour. "It was great being with Ozzy on the road," Heaven & Hell/Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi enthuses. "We had a great time and we still will have hopefully at some point, but with Ronnie it's a lot different, because we go out and we know exactly what we're gonna be doing. With Ozzy, we didn't really know. It was touch and go sometimes on some of those early shows, whether he was gonna turn up, if he'd be able to sing, if his voice was gone, or what. We'd have to cancel shows, which Geezer and myself really hated. But with Ronnie, we've never cancelled a show. He'd have to be seriously, seriously ill before we cancelled a show."
Read the entire interview in the May 2009 issue of Decibel magazine, available on newsstands now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 am

This album is SO good!!! Writing better Metal than bands half thier age...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Agreed, fantastic album. I've already pre-ordered mine. Hopefully everyone else that is already listening to it has done the same.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 pm

detuned wrote:
Agreed, fantastic album. I've already pre-ordered mine. Hopefully everyone else that is already listening to it has done the same.

Didn't pre-order, but I'll definatley be making the trek to Best Buy at lunch on the day of release (April 28th, correct?). I've put off listening to any of the tracks that have been popping up here and there except for the little teaser that was posted a month or so ago. I want this to be a fresh listen when I get it.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:15 pm

The Devil You Know is a good solid album. Most of the songs are mid tempo but the riffs are heavy as %^&*. My fave track is Double The Pain, Geezer has a sick bass intro and then Iommi comes in and duplicates it. There will be a limited edition with a DVD which I'll be getting also. Dio is in fine form here, some people have said that some of the songs sound like solo Dio but whatever. Not that it really matters but it almost pains me to call them Heaven And Hell, on my ipod it says "Black Sabbath-The Devil You Know".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Here's a good example of an album review where the reviewer evidently didn't listen to the album. Courtesy of Rolling "clueless" Stone magazine.

"Previously known simply as "Black Sabbath With
Ronnie James Dio Singing and Vinny Appice Drumming," Heaven and Hell
excel at ye olde power-dungeon plod. Too bad Tony Iommi and Geezer
Butler's most churning riffs tend to last mere seconds, before getting
buried under attention-deficit arrangements and Dio's theatrical
mythopoeia — which gets tiring when so many songs exceed six minutes.
Here and there, gothic-dirge effects and emotionally spent choruses
shine through. More pressingly: Is "Eating the Cannibals" a secret
update of Total Coelo's 1983 New Wave novelty "I Eat Cannibals"? The
world may never know. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next