Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell

Go down 
+29
SAHB Healer
powermacho
Neuropete
Critique Oblique
Svengo
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
Lari
Chairman_Smith
Red Kitty
akeldama
metalken
sam
sonofthunder
exact33
Troublezone
skullsmasher
manny
Muloc7253
Required Fields
XYZ
Fat Freddy
zombiewalkin
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
ultmetal
mc666
candlemass
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am

I'm not surprised at all that Wal-Mart's version of the CD will have a modified cover. I betcha either way, many of their stores in the Bible Belt won't even bother to stock it (or if they do, they won't display it prominently) simply because of the name.

The Wal-Mart cover's not bad though. More than likely that'll be the version that I end up getting cuz they're the closest store to me that will be carrying it, I don't have a Best Buy anywhere near me. Though the free DVD that Best Buy is throwing in might make it worth drivin' a few extra miles.... hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Either way, the H&H album will be my first CD I purchase of this year!! Shameful ain't it? It's almost May for cryin' out loud. Usually by this point in a year I've picked up at least a dozen CDs. Freakin' economy. angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:58 am

So anyways... when y'all pick up "THE DEVIL YOU KNOW," will you be filing it in your collection under "B" with the rest of your Black Sabbath discs, or by itself under "H" for "Heaven & Hell?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am

"H" for me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
"H" for me.

Me too.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So anyways... when y'all pick up "THE DEVIL YOU KNOW," will you be filing it in your collection under "B" with the rest of your Black Sabbath discs, or by itself under "H" for "Heaven & Hell?"

I am filling with the rest of the Black Sabbath discs.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:02 am

"H"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Part of me wants to do that but I know that if I put it under the "B's" then my obsession with alphabetical correctness is going to bother the hell out of me till I move it to the "H's"

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Part of me wants to do that but I know that if I put it under the "B's" then my obsession with alphabetical correctness is going to bother the hell out of me till I move it to the "H's"

I am that way most of the time, but I think of this band as Black Sabbath, the only other artist I have done that with his the Stooges, I fill that with the rest of Iggy Pop's discography under P, I think I do that because when I was growing up, you always found the Stooges LP filled under Iggy Pop.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:06 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Me too
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 am

Olafsto wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Me too

Same here. It will be housed with my other Sabbath albums.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

So do you guys file Ozzy's solo stuff with Sabbath too?

Personally, I keep Ozzy's albums under "O" yet for some reason I put Ian Anderson's solo stuff with Jethro Tull. Go figure.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 am

tohostudios wrote:

Personally, I keep Ozzy's albums under "O" yet for some reason I put Ian Anderson's solo stuff with Jethro Tull. Go figure.

No Ozzy's career is completely separate and independent of Black Sabbath. The only reason the name Heaven and Hell is being used, is because Iommi is keeping the door slightly ajar in case of Ozzy does want to tour and even possibly record a Black Sabbath CD. Remember originally this was just going to be a short tour to promote a Black Sabbath comp of their time together with Dio.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 am

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

No Ozzy's career is completely separate and independent of Black Sabbath. The only reason the name Heaven and Hell is being used, is because Iommi is keeping the door slightly ajar in case of Ozzy does want to tour and even possibly record a Black Sabbath CD. Remember originally this was just going to be a short tour to promote a Black Sabbath comp of their time together with Dio.

Yea, what he said. Ozzy's solo stuff is filed under "O". And Iommi's 2 solo discs are under "I".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Full album streaming at VH1.com:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/heaven_and_hell/2424995/album.jhtml
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:24 pm

i might pick this up, heaven and hell were amazing when i saw them, one of the best concerts ever, however i kinda hoped they would reunite with ozzy as i have never had the chance to see that lineup
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i might pick this up, heaven and hell were amazing when i saw them, one of the best concerts ever, however i kinda hoped they would reunite with ozzy as i have never had the chance to see that lineup

If Black Sabbath with Ozzy do anything I would place my bets for next year, when it will be the 40th anniversy of the release of their debut album.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It will be next to the sabbath,and dio albums
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Under the Black Sabbath moniker, even on my ipod it's Black Sabbath-Life From Radio City Music Hall and Black Sabbath-The Devil You Know
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:18 pm

i always prefered the name bs to hah by a long way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm sure I've already mentioned this 30 times already (sorry), but the Heaven & Hell moniker allows them to go out and NOT have to play any of the non-Dio material. Iommi has stated in numerous interviews that he is tired of having to play the same Ozzy tunes over and over (cause Ozzy can only perform a very small portion of their original catalog anymore), so this gives him the ability to tour and perform songs that had been essentially shelved since Dehumanizer.

I actually hope they never do another album with Ozzy, because Ozzy just can't bring it to the table anymore. Sure, I miss the looser-jam oriented material they played back in the day...but I think anything recorded with Ozzy at this late date would be sorely lacking. If they had done a record back in 1993 or so, I think it could still have been interesting, but Ozzy (as much as I love the man)...is done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Quote :
I actually hope they never do another album with Ozzy, because Ozzy just can't bring it to the table anymore.

Amen! Iommi and DIO will be strong until their ultimate ends, while Ozzy is already inches from having to be sponge bathed and spoon fed.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Re   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:36 pm

I gave it a listen today. Best tracks are Atom+Evil, Bible Black and Breaking Into Heaven.

A tour with Ozzy would have been great if they play Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage as a whole. But that will never happen.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Review at AllMusic.com:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0zfqxzu0ldde~T1

They gave it 4 stars.

Can't wait, I'll be picking this one up on the way home from work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:22 pm

I'll be picking it up at Wal-Mart because I work there making it convienient, it will be cheaper than Best Buy, and I get a 10% discount. I'm sure they will carry it because they had Live from Radio City Music Hall when it came out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell   Heaven & Hell - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5