Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Embraced?

Go down 
+8
scottmitchell74
nevermore
stepcousin
GrandNational
arttieTHE1manparty
DallasBlack
Troublezone
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Been listening to this today.Pretty darn good.I wish the new Living Sacrifice songs where more in this vein.
http://www.myspace.com/livingsacrifice

The two new songs are similar.

EDIT: Guess there's only one now.

Not to my ears.I like Chads vocals better.More of a death voice I guess.I can even hear similarities to Roger Martinez in Chads vocals.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Finally had a chance to listen to the album. Curtain of Deceit is my favorite song on the disc. It's a heavy sounding album. Don't enjoy some elements of the metalcore, but it's still a rockin' album.

Nice to hear good heavy music.

listening to music
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 pm

I got it the day it came out and it has a little bit of a LS sound to it. It's good some of the solos are really unique and original sounding.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:20 am

Listened to it last night and to me the only thing metalcore about the new album is the start and stop rhythm guitars found in some songs, apart from that it is purely melodic death metal. I do wish Chad used some more clean vocals (I only heard one song that had them) to compliment his death voice but this is a solid album almost on par with This Is My Blood and like akeldama said, the guitar solos are pretty unique. In Memory is a great instrumental song IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 pm

I played this disc again just yesterday. I like it a LOT better than their first two...

Like I mentioned on the CMR, I think there is a LOT of vocal similarities to Roger Martinez on this new disc.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm

I think its pretty good but i'm sick of the overproduced sound these days with too much bass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2