Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Embraced Revisited

Go down 
+14
ryanmetalman
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
Lurideath
T-Roy
AchrisK
Orion Crystal Ice
Rex
GrandNational
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Soul Embraced Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Soul Embraced Revisited Soul-embraced-445x250

It's been well over a year since this was brought up.....what is everyone's feelings on Soul Embraced?

I have recently got into them, and love their style. In fact, I like them better than Living Sacrifice. Soul Embraced sound consistent, powerful, and confident. I can't say the same about Living Sacrifice.

Question: Why the hell is "For The Incomplete" impossible to find?

Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Use to dig 'em. Haven't played them in a long long time. Thinking of selling off my collection.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Quote :
It's been well over a year since this was brought up.....what is everyone's feelings on Soul Embraced?

Don't know these guys, but ater reading Ult's reviews on his site, my feelings would be that of a fresh dog turd squishing between my toes on a hot summer day as I ran barefoot and naked through an open meadow and the flowers reached up to tickle my taint as I ran by.

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Quote :
Don't know these guys, but ater reading Ult's
reviews on his site, my feelings would be that of a fresh dog turd
squishing between my toes on a hot summer day as I ran barefoot and
naked through an open meadow and the flowers reached up to tickle my
taint as I ran by.

Soul Embraced Revisited 201269 I wish you'd write a book. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:00 pm

I have to agree with you Spec,they interest me much more than Living Sacrifice does nowadays.I thought Dead Alive was much better than anything LS has put out recently.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:09 pm

I used to listen to SE a lot back in the day. I actually had both versions of For the Incomplete, and if I'm not mistaken, I gave the original to Ult, unless I sold it off, can't remember, because the re-release was much better than the original.

I just couldn't get into the last album. This is My Blood was great, and Immune took a more trendy turn, but the last one did nothing for me. I think I've only listened to it 3 times max.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Question: Why the hell is "For The Incomplete" impossible to find??

I had the first pressing at one time. I've completely lost interest in this band. If I find it when I'm diggin through my cds its yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Rex wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Question: Why the hell is "For The Incomplete" impossible to find??

I had the first pressing at one time. I've completely lost interest in this band. If I find it when I'm diggin through my cds its yours.

Soul Embraced Revisited 25679 Thanks Rex! In fact, if you find it, i'll trade all those books evenly for it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Too much core, modern stuff, for the decent parts...really, the only band that incorporates any of that that I actually like is Zao. Maybe BTBAM too.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:04 pm

I've never liked them, though I do have their first few. Not sure why I keep hanging on to them. The Living Sacrifice comparisons only begin to apply for the post-Inhabit LS albums, another set of releases that I have no desire to hear.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 pm

I find nothing "consistent" about them that's for sure. They are now some sort of nu-metal/core with death vocals. I didn't care for Immune at all. I LOVE For The Incomplete and I like Dead Alive quite a bit. I like the band over all and listen to all of them frequently but Immune is exremely generic to my ears.

I have their entire collection from iTunes...one of those I seriously regret paying for some two years later. Wish I would have just got the cd's!

angry

But yeah, SE rocks. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Hate em! Horrible band with horrible songs and a horrible singer to match everything else horrible about this horrible band!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Hate em! Horrible band with horrible songs and a horrible singer to match everything else horrible about this horrible band!

Like you're so great....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:44 pm

I like Fleshless.... still have it somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:45 pm

exact33 wrote:

Just send it to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Just send it to me. Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_smile
let me see if i have it... I have a box o Christian death metal in storage..

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:

If you do, I'll trade something good for it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Lurideath wrote:

How old are you? You seem very mature.

Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Spec, is this the same band that was associated with Mindrage?

If so, I'm very interested. I love Mindrage - and I don't normally like metalcore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Spec, is this the same band that was associated with Mindrage?

If so, I'm very interested. I love Mindrage - and I don't normally like metalcore.

They are from the same area. I'm not sure what their common thread is.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 pm

I like 'em, I've been looking for Fleshless & For The Incomplete for a looooong time.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Like you're so great....

I would listen to any project that Lurideath has been involved in way before any Soul Embraced or post-Inhabit LS.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 pm

I use to really dig 'em. I really liked "This is My Blood" when it first came out. I never could get into "Immune." "For the Incomplete" is my favorite.

I know we keep comparing them, but I'm gonna do it anyway... I actually prefer Living Sacrifice. Though the nu-metal influence on the last couple of records lost me. I have heard a song from their up-coming album and I liked it and hope the album lives up to that, but honestly I think I prefer "Reborn, Inhabit," and the amazing self titled albums.

What I can say from the darkest place in my heart is this... Soul Embraced is way better than Evanescence.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:51 am

AchrisK wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Like you're so great....

I would listen to any project that Lurideath has been involved in way before any Soul Embraced or post-Inhabit LS.

I've only heard Avenger of Blood. I'm a fan of thrash, but I'm not a fan of them. No offense to anyone.

Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:23 am

SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:

If you do, I'll trade something good for it. Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_smile

i looked in my box and it is in there!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced Revisited
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next