Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Embraced?

Go down 
+8
scottmitchell74
nevermore
stepcousin
GrandNational
arttieTHE1manparty
DallasBlack
Troublezone
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:33 pm

Soul Embraced? 10_03_26_2008_2_00_44_Soul%20Embraced%20Dead%20Alive
Anyone pick this up yet? Thoughts? Reviews? Comment?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:16 pm

I don't have it yet but from what i've heard from the samples it's worth getting.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:35 pm

If they returned to the sound of This Is My Blood, then I will definatly add it to my want list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Got it and it's decent. Sounds almost like some Living Sacrifice off the Conceived in Fire disc mixed with This Is My Blood and some early Dark Tranquillity. The vocals seem more up front in the mix then on past albums but the drums on some songs are buried in the production. I give it about a 6.5.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:16 pm

So melodic metalcore?

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:48 pm

Does anyone know how SE and LS both plan on touring at the same time on different bills (ie. LS on the Stronger Than Hell tour with Demon Hunter and SE on the Scream The Prayer tour with Impending Doom)?

I'm completely baffled by this as half of LS is SE and both of their myspace pages show overlapping dates in completely different cities, yet no info from either band on who the touring line ups are.

Some help please, as I want to go see LS in Orlando, but giving up 1/2 of LS for a whole SE doesn't sound too cool. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:50 pm

I ALMOST picked this up today on my way home from a work convention, but didn't....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:12 am

I think i'll wait til i see one in the used bin.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:35 am

I got it. Haven't given it much time. Sounds way different than the straight death metal of the first album.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 4:57 am

they're not my cup 'o tea, I think I liked 'em for about 20 minutes when I first heard em. Im not really into that style of metal anymore.
Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Quote :
So melodic metalcore?
Pretty much, with some heavy doses of Gothenburg on a couple songs.
Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:23 pm

I haven't even seen this one around here yet. Kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:25 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
So melodic metalcore?

OK. Thanks. That's what I wanted to now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:19 pm

I heard one track and it didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:55 pm

I just got this album from Mardel after listening to the demo. This is the same music that made me love This Is My Blood (i.e. if you liked that album, you will like this one).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:26 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I just got this album from Mardel after listening to the demo. This is the same music that made me love This Is My Blood (i.e. if you liked that album, you will like this one).

I listened to this last night and I have to recant my statement just a bit. The sound of This Is My Blood is present but it is mixed with some metalcore (though not in a bad way). There is still a chance that fans of This Is My Blood will enjoy this but I'm not as sure of it as I was when I made the above post (when I listened to the demo I scanned through about half of the songs so I didn't get as good of a feel on that album as I initially thought). Still a very melodic album with some killer guitar solos.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:29 am

Quote :

Is that the Mardel on Hulen?

I heard the demo of this band. Not bad, but not squeezing into my 30 for 2008. It's rough in the cage!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:32 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Is that the Mardel on Hulen?

I heard the demo of this band. Not bad, but not squeezing into my 30 for 2008. It's rough in the cage!

It's the Mardel in Lewisville. I don't blame you, if I was limiting myself to 30 CDs I wouldn't have gotten it either.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:38 am

Ah, Lewisville. We got our butts handed to us in softball in 2005 @ the FF Olympics in Lewisville. But, the family had fun at the little water park they have there.
Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:55 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
So melodic metalcore?
I would disagree with this. I'm so reluctant to call things metalcore these days simply because that term carries too much negativity. Either way, I don't think it applies. Why is this not just called death metal? If Hypocrisy did this, that's what people would call it. They might complain that it's a bit too groovy, but no one would deny that it's death metal.

Sounds like groovy death metal to me. And it's pretty damn good. Better than the last two.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 pm

I still think fleshless is my fav from them...

Alex

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Would melodic deathcore fit? I can't keep up with the genre game anymore.
Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:39 pm

If anyone cares, LS is touring with the Conceived In Fire line up minus the percussionist. My buddy saw them in Houston last week and said they were very tight. I'll be catching them in Orlando next week and SE in Miami. Will probably pick up the new SE disc then. Liked This Is My Blood quite a bit a few years ago even though it wasn't necessarily anything ground breaking. Should spin it again to see what I think of it now.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Been listening to this today.Pretty darn good.I wish the new Living Sacrifice songs where more in this vein.
Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:11 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Been listening to this today.Pretty darn good.I wish the new Living Sacrifice songs where more in this vein.
http://www.myspace.com/livingsacrifice

The two new songs are similar.

EDIT: Guess there's only one now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soul Embraced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced?   Soul Embraced? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next