Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"

Go down 
+6
GrandNational
exact33
metalhead777
Eyesore
mc666
Ben Grimm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Empty
PostSubject: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Just thought I'd pass this on
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rottweilerrecords/soul-embraced-ethos-cd
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:10 pm

looking forward to it.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:29 am

These Kickstarter things are getting annoying. It's one thing when a band is asking for help, but labels doing it is stupid. You're not a record label if you need fans to pay for things. Sorry.

And is it Mythos or Ethos?
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
These Kickstarter things are getting annoying. It's one thing when a band is asking for help, but labels doing it is stupid. You're not a record label if you need fans to pay for things. Sorry.

Mythos. According to facebook its a typo.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:44 am

Eyesore wrote:

I totally agree. As if cds are expensive enough, now bands want people to fund their albums and then buy them...

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Honestly this kickstarter is like pre-ordering the cd, if you just go in at the lowest backer $10 you basically pre-ordered the cd and anything beyond that you preordered the cd and get what ever bonus stuff you qualified for.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:22 pm

I doubt this will be SE's "most brutal album yet". I don't think they'll ever match the debut album in heaviness. And Rocky is now only going to drums and do no guitars? Weird.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Honestly this kickstarter is like pre-ordering the cd, if you just go in at the lowest backer $10 you basically pre-ordered the cd and anything beyond that you preordered the cd and get what ever bonus stuff you qualified for.

its not. They clearly state that the album is a no go unless they raise the funds. I also dont see how one can pre-order something that hasnt even been recorded yet. Pre-orders I am familiar with are being pressed and then shipped.

Its an ugly trend by bands who basically want to take the risk out of recording by making fans bear the costs of making an album. For all the vilification record labels get from us here, this is what happens when the label is not present.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Yup. And then the band gives everyone CDRs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:

and charges $40 for them like Kings of the Sun.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:52 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yup. Warrior Soul charged me $18 for Chinese Democracy, plus $9 S&H. CD came as a CD in a cardboard sleeve. Bastards!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yup. Warrior Soul charged me $18 for Chinese Democracy, plus $9 S&H. CD came as a CD in a cardboard sleeve. Bastards!

I used to have a good deal of empathy for artists because I thought the labels were shafting them (and fans) but now in an increasing post-label landscape some artists are seizing the opportunity to screw the fans directly.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I used to have a good deal of empathy for artists because I thought the labels were shafting them (and fans) but now in an increasing post-label landscape some artists are seizing the opportunity to screw the fans directly.
It's all about money and power. You give people the power to make money, and most people are going to abuse it in a way to maximize profits. That's human nature.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Once some bands got a taste of the money, they became like the "greedy" record labels.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:15 am

Ok, HOLD UP!!!!

What we are doing IS EXACTLY a pre-order.

Soul Embraced IS almost done with the recording. Typically, turn around on a cd project at the pressing plant is only 2-3 weeks. As soon as they get the recording done, we are pressing the disc immediately.

NEWSFLASH: It's very common practice for independent labels to take pre-orders before the cd goes to the plant. How do you think they get the money to press the discs? Kickstarter is a fantastic way to field pre-orders AND offer some really cool additional things for the fans.

As far as us saying if it's not funded it won't happen, that's just not true. It will happen with or without Kickstarter. Kickstarter's policy is that a project must be fully funded in order to appropriate ANY funds. You don't get partial monies for partial funding. It's an all or nothing deal.

Rottweiler Records IS NOT an evil empire!! Bwahahaha!! I'm one guy with a wife and four kids who loves metal and punk rock. I'm NOT making money hand over fist. That's ridiculous.

I hope this clears up any misinformation regarding my label and clears up any misguidance concerning Kickstarter. It's just a great way for the fans to be involved in the process and get some cool extras for being involved!

Oh, one last thing. . . as far as this cd being brutal. . . I've heard the demos. Have you? ; )

Thanx for reading and I hope you will support Soul Embraced and Rottweiler Records in this project!

Shalom,
Shawn Browning

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 am

How do the drums hold up without Lance in the band? Rocky is much better at guitar than drums IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am

Quote :
I hope this clears up any misinformation regarding my label and clears up any misguidance concerning Kickstarter. It's just a great way for the fans to be involved in the process and get some cool extras for being involved!

BULL SHITTT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
How do the drums hold up without Lance in the band? Rocky is much better at guitar than drums IMO.

Rocky is no slouched on drums. Drums are his main instrument, not guitar. According to Lance (he told me this face to face), Rocky is the better drummer.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

BULL SHITTT!!!!

Yknow, uninformed opinions are like hemmoroids and cowboy hats...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 pm

So are lame record labels that sign retarded bands!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:58 pm

A label that uses something like kickstarter is not a real label either!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Rottweiler Records wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Rocky is no slouched on drums. Drums are his main instrument, not guitar. According to Lance (he told me this face to face), Rocky is the better drummer.

He was being modest... I know Lance is better. But Rocky is pretty good on guitar.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Lurideath wrote:
So are lame record labels that sign retarded bands!

Good thing my label isn't lame, nor signing retarded bands.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Rottweiler Records wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He was being modest... I know Lance is better. But Rocky is pretty good on guitar.

Yeah, I thought so, too. But the demos are pretty incredible!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:10 pm

hahaha ok!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next