Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2008 MLB Thead

Go down 
+22
akeldama
metalinmyveins
nevermore
stevegarveyfan
Troublezone
thejokeriv
exact33
Tall Tyrion
jstate
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
rattpoison
the sentinel
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Stender
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
XYZ
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:29 am

Dammit, those Red Sox are like rooster-a-roaches... you can't kill them!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:47 am

Did you type it that way or did the filter kick in?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 am

tohostudios wrote:
Did you type it that way or did the filter kick in?

Haha, the filter strikes again. I guess I should've left out the dashes. Obviously I meant Cockaroaches!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 am

I really am an opponent to all the Tampa Bay Rays hype that is going on down here. This area is full of fair weather fans that suddenly remember we have professional sports teams in the area when a championship is looming. It happened with the Bucs when they went to the Super Bowl and the Lightning when they won the cup. You never hear about the Lightning anymore. Frankly, it makes me ill. Because of this, I hope the Red Sox win 4 straight.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 am

spectrefate wrote:
I really am an opponent to all the Tampa Bay Rays hype that is going on down here. This area is full of fair weather fans that suddenly remember we have professional sports teams in the area when a championship is looming. It happened with the Bucs when they went to the Super Bowl and the Lightning when they won the cup. You never hear about the Lightning anymore. Frankly, it makes me ill. Because of this, I hope the Red Sox win 4 straight.

I was kinda hopin' to see the Sox get put away last night, but if they pull another come-from-behind miracle like they did against the Yankees in the ALCS a few years back, then I hope the Phillies crush them like bugs in the World Series.

I'm a Yankee fan. I refuse to root for the Red Sox under any circumstances.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:

This is what I've been stating over and over again. It's a race between Marlins and Rays fans to who the worst fans are. The Rays have been in first place the majority of the year,....and yet, they have the 5th worst attendance in the major leagues. This is absolutely pathetic. I understand to a point why a fanbase would stay away when the team is terrible, but there's no excuse when you can't support a team who has eclipsed the 95 win mark.

They had around 1.7 million fans this year attend games. Now take in the 18 games they had at home when they were playing the Yankees and the Red Sox, and that number is probably closer to 1.5 million. We all know that more Yankees/Red Sox fans show up then Rays fans, when these teams get together.

The Rays have great/young players, with a cool manager, but their fanbase SUCKS with a capital "S"! The Red Sox have kind of always had a warm place in my heart, going back to the days of Fisk, Rice, Lynn & Yaz. Unfortunately, I remember the 86 World Series all too well, but regardless of that fact, I just want the Rays to lose. Whether it be at the hands of the Sox, or the Phillies.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:58 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I bleed Dodger blue.

You and me both brother. Since 1991 I've been a huge fan.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:02 pm

nevermore wrote:
I hate that the Dodgers lost last night. I guess I'll be rooting for the AL winner.

Me too. Screw the Phillies. My buddy from New Jersey who's a Mets fan would love nothing more than to see the Phillies choke. I second that. I'll be cheering for the Rays/Red Sox, whoever makes it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 pm

GrandNational wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I hate that the Dodgers lost last night. I guess I'll be rooting for the AL winner.

Me too. Screw the Phillies. My buddy from New Jersey who's a Mets fan would love nothing more than to see the Phillies choke. I second that. I'll be cheering for the Rays/Red Sox, whoever makes it.

I was pulling for the Dodgers against the Phillies. Being a Brewers fan, I was upset that they lost, but the Phillies are just better. The fact that the Cubs got swept was reason enough to celebrate. They easily have the most obnoxious fanbase in all of sports. Say what you want about Yankees and Red Sox fans, but at least they have something to stand on. When talking with a Cubs fan, one would think they've eclipsed the 26 World Championship mark that the Yankees have as an organization. They are the most brash fanbase, and yet they've sucked for the good part of the last 100 years. The most illogical group of people I've ever had the miserable experience in talking with.

Onto the Phillies. I don't think much of Philly fan either. They're notorious for not only treating the opponent/their fanbase like garbage, but they also have treated their own players/teams like garbage. Their fans operate on a level that could only be labeled as insane.
Here are some classic Philly moments.

1. Booing Michael Jack Schmidt towards the end of his career, when his skills started to diminish. Mike Schmidt = total professional

2. Throwing batteris at J.D Drew, because he said he wouldn't play for the Phillies. This move was orchestrated by his father, not J.D.

3. Running Charles Barkley out of town after everything he did to keep that organization afloat (after the Doctor retired).

4. Booing Michael Irvin as he was taken off the field on a stretcher due to possible paralysis...Unconscionable. I can't stand Michael Irvin, but even I would never be apart of something so heinous.

5. Booing Santa Claus and throwing snowballs at him...

The list could go on and on....

All that being said, I would root for the Phillies over the Rays. Even with all the evil maniacal actions of Philly fan, at least they come out in droves to support their team. That's more than I can say for Rays fans, who don't show up at all.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:49 pm

well you have to admit that philadelphia fans are passionate about their teams - even to the point of the above...

Alex

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 pm

exact33 wrote:
well you have to admit that philadelphia fans are passionate about their teams - even to the point of the above...

Alex

No doubt, scary passionate though.

LOL!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:04 pm

well i would rather have passion than none. Philly fans for the most part really know their stuff and when people do good they cheer and when they dont they boo.

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Metalinmyveins pretty much stated all the reasons I hate the Phillies. And I grew up about 60 miles from Philly.

Normally, I root for the NL team in the WS because my favorite team is in the NL but if the Red Sox somehow manage to defeat Tampa, I'm gonna have to cheer for the Phillies because I hate Boston more.

But it won't be fun.

Last edited by tohostudios on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
well i would rather have passion than none. Philly fans for the most part really know their stuff and when people do good they cheer and when they dont they boo.

Alex

Yes and no....I think Philly fan is pretty quick on the trigger when it comes to their booing. There's no way Mike Schmidt should've EVER gotten booed. No Way, No how....

I understand passion as well. I'm a huge Packers fan, have been my whole life. I've seen both the good and the very bad (70's & 80's were disgusting), but if Packer fans conducted themselves like some Philly fans, the fanbase would be losing their season tickets.

Example: Snowball game

I will never forget the game at the Meadowlands when the Giants got beat by the Chargers in a game in 1995. I think I remember the Chargers returning a kickoff for a T.D/or maybe it was an INT was being taken back, and the fans started launching snowballs at the guy going down the field (it was a Saturday game).

Before the game on Sunday, they announced over the P.A at Lambeau Field that if anyone was caught throwing snowballs onto the field that those people would lose their season tickets. I don't think Packer fans even need to be told that, but season tickets are like winning the lottery in Wisconsin. They currently have/had the longest waiting list for season tickets.

So, I understand passion, but one must be somewhat reserved in their behavior.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Metalinmyveins pretty much stated all the reasons I hate the Phillies. And I grew up about 60 miles from Philly.

Normally, I root for the NL team in the WS because my favorite team is in the NL but if the Red Sox somehow manage to defeat Tampa, I'm gonna have to cheer for the Phillies because I hate Boston more.

But it won't be fun.

well if you want to be a sourpuss when the phils win the big one thats cool with me. I will be enjoying it along with all the other fans...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:24 pm

Someone just beat the Red Sox.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Nazgul wrote:
Someone just beat the Red Sox.

all of a sudden memories of the sox/indians series is all over the place Smile I would rather the phils play boston. We beat manny and we will take care of his old team too...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Growing up listening to Harry Kallas and Richie Ashburn constantly tell my how great players like Greg Luzinski, Garry Maddox, Willie Montenez and Larry Bowa were was more than enough to make me hate the team.

And it didn't help any when the Phillies stole Steve Carlton from the Cardinals for... Rick Wise? What the hell was that?

I hate the Phillies.

FOOTNOTE: my hatred for the Phillies has really waned since I left PA and I would actually root for them against Boston.

But reluctantly.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

But it won't be fun.

well if you want to be a sourpuss when the phils win the big one thats cool with me. I will be enjoying it along with all the other fans...

Alex

On any given WS, I will always root for the NL, except for this one. This Dodgers fan cannot see himself rooting for the Phillies to win. Isn't it crazy that an organization with over 110+ years in existence has only 1 WS title? They also have the most all-time losses, being the only organization with 10,000+ losses. Crazy! And yes, their fans are one the worst all-time, as others can testify.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:33 am

"THE RAYS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!
THE RAYS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!"

--- Still doesn't sound right.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:37 am

The Rays and The Phillies. Rolling Eyes

I'd rather watch the Bad News Bears vs. the Major League movie Cleveland Indians
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 am

Go Rays.

I still hate Philadelphia.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 am

tohostudios wrote:
Go Rays.

I still hate Philadelphia.

LOL - I have a good friend who is a fan of all sports from Philly - so I have to root for the rays for the heck of it. We have lots of fun during Cowboys - Eagles games!

As far as baseball, not a huge fan. Sort of root for the Padres, since my Dad used to take me to the games when I was a kid. Now, root for the Nationals, but they are really, really bad!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 am

Im so Happy that the Red Sox got eliminated

Im gonna cheer for the Devil Rays

Go TB!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

spectrefate wrote:
The Rays and The Phillies. Rolling Eyes

I'd rather watch the Bad News Bears vs. the Major League movie Cleveland Indians

So would the tv networks. Dodgers vs Boston? Ratings giant. Philly vs. Rays? Isn't Dancing with the Stars on, honey?

Ahhhh well. Go Phillies!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 MLB Thead   2008 MLB Thead - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 MLB Thead
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next