Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:15 am

Growing up in Western NY, I kinda considered these guys a local band, even though they were really from Canada.

I really love Stand Tall and Dirty Weapons.

Appreciate 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:19 am

The albums you mentioned are still the only ones I own, but I will rest assure pick up more. Wonderful hard rock band, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:19 am

I have STAND TALL, haven't listened to it in awhile though. To me the vocalist sounded kinda like Geddy Lee of Rush. Maybe it's a Canadian thing? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:22 am

I don't really hear any resemblance to pick up on, but too each his own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:27 am

Yeah, nothing about tis band is like Rush to me. And Fat Freddy, this is an appreciation thread. That's not appreciative.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:28 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Yeah, nothing about tis band is like Rush to me. And Fat Freddy, this is an appreciation thread. That's not appreciative.

I wasn't not appreciatin', I was just commenting.

Seriously, musically they aren't Rush-like at all, but the singer always sounded like Geddy to me. I guess I'm the only one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:31 am

No he sounds like Geddy to these ears. But my ears are full of wax and hair most of the time.

Last edited by spectrefate on Thu May 01, 2008 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:35 am

I appreciate the Dwarfs.Stand Tall is very good.Very underrated band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:04 am

The only album I know is Dirty Weapons and I like it a lot.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:10 am

I only know a coupla of their songs I hear on satellite radio. And I appreciate them songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
The only album I know is Dirty Weapons and I like it a lot.

Get Stand Tall or Big Deal.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Great band. I also have their comeback live album on cd and on dvd. Realy good. They still play all those old classics like in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:54 pm

I've got their S/T and Big Deal, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:06 am

Everything they ever did was killer! There were alot of great Canadian bands that had a really unique sound. But I'll start another thread as I am only here to appreciate our favorite tiny band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:48 am

My wife LOVES Killer Dwarfs....I like them a bit myself...love "Keep That Spirit Alive"...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:35 pm

My guitar teacher knew these guys in person when he lived in Ontario.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:42 pm

These guys were the first concert I ever saw at HammerJacks in Baltimore after I got a fake ID. Great show and made me a big of the Dirty Weapons album. Played that cassette till it fell apart. Still one of my favorite albums. How "Doesn't Matter" didn't become a gigantic hit I still have never figured out. Though I always thought the band's name may have played a small part in that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Quote :
Though I always thought the band's name may have played a small part in that.

I totally agree. I think most people do as well. They sound nothing like their name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread   Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Dwarfs appreciation thread
Page 1 of 1