Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.

Go down 
+5
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Empty
PostSubject: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:00 pm

KILLER DWARFS TO REUNITE TO SUPPORT RELEASE OF “LOST” ALBUM START @ ONE
http://russdwarf.com/killer-dwarfs-to-reunite-to-support-release-of-lost-album-start-one/

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Heck, everyone else did the re-union thing, why not them too? Hope it works out for 'em.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:18 am

I'm looking forward to it. I really like this band.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Always wondered about these guys; hated their name as a kid and idiotically decided to avoid them. Now I regret said decision. Unique vibe; reminds me a bit of Bonham.

That music video makes zero sense, however.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:21 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Always wondered about these guys; hated their name as a kid and idiotically decided to avoid them. Now I regret said decision. Unique vibe; reminds me a bit of Bonham.

I thought the same thing back in the day. "Stupid name, so they must suck.". Wish I had some KD cds now though.

In fact, I'd be more excited to hear the news that all of their albums (which are a bit pricey these days) were getting re-released rather than the re-union stuff and "lost" album. I need their regular releases before I get jazzed over un-released material.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:51 pm

I have one Killer Dwarfs CD (Stand Tall) and it's decent enough, I guess, but I have never understood why there seems to be so much whoop-de-doo about the band. They're OK, but they weren't THAT great. Or did I just not hear the right album??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have one Killer Dwarfs CD (Stand Tall) and it's decent enough, I guess, but I have never understood why there seems to be so much whoop-de-doo about the band. They're OK, but they weren't THAT great. Or did I just not hear the right album??

You should just send me that CD and you won't have to worry about it anymore......K?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You should just send me that CD and you won't have to worry about it anymore......K?

Shoot, Brian beat me to it lol.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Mmmm, nah. I like it just fine. I just never "got" what was supposed to be so "special" about 'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Mmmm, nah. I like it just fine. I just never "got" what was supposed to be so "special" about 'em.

That's a $50 CD. You don't have to like them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I like the fact that it's a $50 CD. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I like the fact that it's a $50 CD. Very Happy

Do you like the fact that I'll trade you my $5 Steelheart for your $50 KD? Say yes and do the right thing...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Quote :
Do you like the fact that I'll trade you my $5 Steelheart for your $50 KD? Say yes and do the right thing...

Steelheart? sick

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Steelheart? sick

I think you meant Steelheart? Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. 754598 happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm

corplhicks wrote:

That music video is funny. The record company rejects the band so they press their own records and screw the record company. It's cartoon silly, but fun.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

That music video is funny. The record company rejects the band so they press their own records and screw the record company. It's cartoon silly, but fun.

Your cliff notes helped, thank you cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Stand Tall is really the only pricey one, MetalGuy. Amazon's got all the rest for normal CD prices.

Stand Tall is also the best one. I passed it up on CD once, used, for $4, because I had the cassette. I didn't realize it was going to be so hard to get later when I wanted it on CD.

I do hope this reunion thing somehow leads to a reissue of that. Even a damn iTunes download of it would be fine. I just need that music. I need to keep the spirit alive.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:59 am

If you're patient there are sellers on amazon who'll put it up for a decent price undercutting the going rate. I paid twenty for it after years of watching the amazon want list. But yeah, reissuing would be the best for all involved. I'm actually surprised the band didn't go the re-record route.

I love "lost" albums. Both the Jetboy and Johnny Crash ones are fantastic. So I have high hopes for this one. Plus it's the Killer Dwarfs so I'm buying no matter what.

I'll also say I love that Russ Dwarf acoustic set of KD songs.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Did anyone pick up the new album. the samples sound pretty good....

Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. 61sHSt0-stL._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Did anyone pick up the new album. the samples sound pretty good....
I listened to the album on Spotify, and it is excellent in my opinion. Right in line with the quality of their other records.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Killer Dwarfs frontman Russ Graham has described the moment he feared who would die following a horror road crash.

The Canadian band were returning home after a 25-date tour when their vehicle was involved in a pile-up in Indiana, USA, on May 26.

Graham suffered severe head injuries and was airlifted to hospital. While being treated at the roadside, he admits he feared he might not make it as he listened to paramedics discuss his condition.

He remained conscious throughout and says he started thinking about his friend Paul Hackman – the Helix guitarist who died in a car crash in 1992.

Graham tells One On One With Mitch Lafon: “There was a split second where I was going 'This could be the end, on a highway in Indiana.' You think of all the miles you've done and I think of all the people I know who have been in bands and been in accidents. You think of Paul from Helix, and he didn't make it.

“It was about 1.30pm on a perfectly clear day, sun shining. I was reading a book in the back of the truck. The next thing you know we were in a multi-car pile-up.

“There was road construction and a bunch of cars stopped dead or tried to swerve in. I just remember the impact. My head hit something and I split an eight-inch gash on the left side of my head and my skull was open and bleeding everywhere. My skull was exposed.

“Next thing I knew I was in a ditch with the guys over the top of me. I was bleeding and I was laying there asking them 'how bad is it?' They didn't sugarcoat it, they said 'it's bad, it's not good.'”

Graham says his blood pressure was dropping rapidly, leading to concern among the medics on the scene. He adds: “It goes through your mind, you might die. When it's a head injury like that they are concerned that you've injured your brain or cracked your skull. That's what I was getting from them. They wanna stop the bleeding but they're worried about putting pressure on it.”

A brain scan showed no serious internal injuries and after being given 25 stitches, Graham is recovering at home.

He says: “I'm good. I'm above ground and I'm happy to be alive.”

The Killer Dwarfs have shows planned for later this month and next month, for which Graham says he should be fit.

Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. 640x360

Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. 640x360

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:28 pm

I chatted with Russ for about an hour after his acoustic set on the MoR cruise last year and it was the best memory I have of that whole trip [and Saxon played Twice!!!]. I asked him about his friendship with Helix [one of my all-time favs - if you have not noticed] and the mood got kinda sour quickly. I get it now. What a great guy and cool band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.   Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Dwarfs reunion & new release.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: