Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.

Go down 
+8
metalheaded
Vexer6
ultmetal
jstate
corplhicks
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Empty
PostSubject: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Further proof I will never be able to re-acquire this excellent album. Reissue the damned thing already, please. It's also wild to me that people are willing to spend this much on a disc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171054694018&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:46 pm

It was re issued in 2003 on Bulldog, however, the cheapest i could find one of those was $99!!

Just buy the vinyl or cassette if it's just the music you want, they are both around for cheap.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:56 pm

I was gonna say, buy the vinyl and burn a CD. KD has some good music, but none of it was worth anywhere near 100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39607

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:59 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I was gonna say, buy the vinyl and burn a CD. KD has some good music, but none of it was worth anywhere near 100 bucks.

No music (or cd) is
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:07 pm

I'd advise putting it on your wish list at amazon and just keep checking.  I got mine for about 15.00 that way.  After countless ebay losses and who knows how many years on the wish list one finally turned up at a decent price.  I know I got incredibly lucky but it can happen.

Edit: Just checking on amazon I noticed they didn't have any available.  But in my experience that may be the best time for someone just throwing one up there who doesn't know what they go for.  I'm surprised Stand Tall hasn't been bootlegged to death at this point.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:26 pm

In 2003, Canada's Bullseye Records (under license from Sony) released a remastered version of this CD complete with a 12-page booklet with tons of liner notes from the band and those in the know.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Oh, I know it was reissued before. I mean, it needs to be reissued again, and readily available. Considering the reissue is also OOP and expensive as hell.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 pm

I say buy it on cassette and burn it.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:18 pm

If this (or any other album) sees another reissue, let's hope that whoever does the mastering doesn't ruin the thing and destroy the sound with brickwalling and overly loud output.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 3:18 am

I bought a cd for twenty bucks - and was good !
Today, I listened to Skull Fist " Chasing the Dream "
Both singers sound alike !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:13 am

I've had a copy of that Killer Dwarfs CD for years. A former co-worker came into the office one day with a big bag of her ex boyfriend's CDs that he'd left behind at her house when they broke up, and let me pick thru them. That was one of many collectibles that I grabbed (the prize being Ratt's self-titled EP).

Honestly, I don't particularly care for it, but I probably wouldn't be able to sell it, as it's got a fair amount of scuffs/scratches on it that might affect its playing ability.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 2:04 am

I thought for sure I had this disc being as I have six of them from the Dwarfs. I'm missing this one though. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 4:09 am

I just have their Dirty Weapons album. I’m not sure I’ve heard Stand Tall…

Why hasn’t anyone reissued it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.   Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Dwarfs- Stand Tall currently on eBay at $106, with 4 hours left.
Page 1 of 1