Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

did metallica sell out more than slayer?

Go down 
+7
Smindas
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
sovdat
TH Joe
mc666
Required Fields
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 4:48 pm

Slayer still retains their credibility amongst metal fans whilst Metallica is thee metal band for any poser to hang on to. I admit, GHUA had many nu metal tendencies that were extremely grating to my metal ears, but at least it wasnt a blatantly retarded piece of crap with NO SOLOS, case in point ST ANGER. Slayer has stayed true to what they set out to due, and Metallica has abandoded their style which first brought them acclaim in the first place. It is preposterous to say that Slayer sold out more than Metallica
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 7:42 pm

You're 17 years old, calling people who're double that "posers." Some of us, regardless of how horrendous St. Anger was, are still Metallica fans. Posers are generally people that call others "posers" and use the term "nu-metal" as an insult.

I'm just curious, did you see the Sum 41 video with Kerry King playing a solo?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 12:26 am

Eyesore wrote:

he also played on a Beastie Boys record & Tom did guest vox on a Soulfly track. none of that makes any difference, as they did it as individuals. Slayer stayed thrash metal.

however, i still don't consider Metallica "sellouts" either. i liked St. Anger, some Load/Reload, The Black Album, & And Justice For All. of course... maybe i am a poser. i could care less. i like what i like.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 1:47 pm

I believe Metallica did. Slayer lost their edge and went to trendy events like Ozzfest, but all in all it is nothing compared to the drift Metallica has been pulling out since the black album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 1:55 pm

After reading the whole thread, yet again I see how pointless such discussions are. I'm not trying to bash on the younger fans here, but in my opinion it does make difference in if you are 17yo following Metallcia since 2003, or 36yo old fart who has been rooting for them from the begginning - it gives completely different perception and definition of what "poser" is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 2:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

he also played on a Beastie Boys record & Tom did guest vox on a Soulfly track. none of that makes any difference, as they did it as individuals. Slayer stayed thrash metal.
Oh, I wasn't suggesting any feelings of mine with that, I actually think Sum 41 could write a killer metal album (well, could have, before the "brown" dude left the band). Anyway, I was trying to use the same logic as the other post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 2:53 pm

stormspell wrote:
After reading the whole thread, yet again I see how pointless such discussions are. I'm not trying to bash on the younger fans here, but in my opinion it does make difference in if you are 17yo following Metallcia since 2003, or 36yo old fart who has been rooting for them from the begginning - it gives completely different perception and definition of what "poser" is.
I agree completely. Although to the more open-minded youngins, a discussion like this could help them. Unfortunately, many of them are dead-set in thinking Black Sabbath and Maiden are overrated, Metallica has always sucked, Sepultura's Chaos A.D. is a nu-metal album, and Faith No More is the worst rapcore band to ever exist! (I've had those arguments with people!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:27 pm

Maiden is overrated, Priest is severely underrated
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 2:10 am

Well, I'm glad you didn't say this to people at a Slayer concert, they'd have your head on a stick man. But seriously, I TOTALLY understand your plight here. I can't stand the fact that some bands think it's so cool to be satanic for some reason. It's not cool, and it makes you look like an ignorant intolerant fool instead of making you seem more intellectually gifted.

Slayer has SOME good MUSIC...but the words suck man. Seriously. And stop cursing all the time, you don't have to say the same 5-10 words to be cool...besides, those words suck! Think of new things to say people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:01 am

Jedilink wrote:
Well, I'm glad you didn't say this to people at a Slayer concert, they'd have your head on a stick man. But seriously, I TOTALLY understand your plight here. I can't stand the fact that some bands think it's so cool to be satanic for some reason. It's not cool, and it makes you look like an ignorant intolerant fool instead of making you seem more intellectually gifted.
i'm not a satanist, but i will say that many think the same thing about Christianity. personally i don't have to involve myself in lyrics to enjoy the songs. christian or satanic. of course, me not believing in anything makes that easier i guess. Smile

at least with Slayer, you know what you are getting before you even listen to it. just look at the album cover & song titles & you pretty much know what to expect. if it's not your cup of tea, it's a good idea to skip it.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:15 am

you can say slayer never really changed direction compared to metallica but slayers recent studio efforts are crap except for christ illusion which is a partial return to form

hell you could even say st.anger was a return to form. it was heaveir than anything since the black album which suggests good news for the fututre now nu-metal is gone. hey maybe they will make a metalcore album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

did metallica sell out more than slayer?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: