Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

did metallica sell out more than slayer?

Go down 
+7
Smindas
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
sovdat
TH Joe
mc666
Required Fields
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

did metallica sell out more than slayer? Empty
PostSubject: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:40 pm

i really dont understand why people bash metallica for their 90's stuff and say they sold out and you never hear anything about slayer- in my opinion they sold out the biggest, no one with a brain can argue that any of those guy's know anything about musical theory. and when metallica was writing (weak i will admit) weird blues crap, it was in key and they sold the music based on people liking the music. slayer sold albums based on the idea that they were satanic and crap like that. i have never heard a more blatent display of selling out than the title "God Hates Us All" its just stupid, has no point, is not in anyway thought provoking, and the music is just down right bad, the riffs are the type of riffs that i just BS when i am triing to warm up. and they put em on a freakin album. not to mention kerry king's ussless solos.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:46 pm

No way, at least Slayer are still aggressive, and at least have some influence of their past. I'm not crazy about their new material, but at least they are still awesome live. They also seem to keep in touch to some degree of modern metal.

Metallica, on the other hand, totally commercialized their sound, and also became hard to listen to live. They contradicted everything they said and did in the 80s in the 90s, and don't even have a slight interest in modern metal bands anymore, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 am

the mad butcher wrote:
i really dont understand why people bash metallica for their 90's stuff and say they sold out and you never hear anything about slayer- in my opinion they sold out the biggest, no one with a brain can argue that any of those guy's know anything about musical theory. and when metallica was writing (weak i will admit) weird blues crap, it was in key and they sold the music based on people liking the music. slayer sold albums based on the idea that they were satanic and crap like that. i have never heard a more blatent display of selling out than the title "God Hates Us All" its just stupid, has no point, is not in anyway thought provoking, and the music is just down right bad, the riffs are the type of riffs that i just BS when i am triing to warm up. and they put em on a freakin album. not to mention kerry king's ussless solos.
This post. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 12:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
the mad butcher wrote:
This post. Sorry.
happy

TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:33 am

I don't think Slayer really sold out, at all. I just like their old stuff better.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 4:20 am

Apparently you never understood what (old and new) Slayer is about.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 am

"did metallica sell out more than slayer?"

Short answer: YES
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 8:28 am

Slayer didnt sell out to the extent that Metallica did,they just modernized their sound a little.I still like old Slayer better but I believe Slayer are still in touch with Metal and Metallica lost it years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:24 pm

why? because they sang about saten and poored blood from the stage. thats just gimmics. the music was nowhere near as complex as the 90s metallica.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:46 pm

the go ahead & enjoy your load, reload, & st anger. i'll stick with Slayer. Christ Illusion was a fine retun to form imho. but even the two before it were more metal than anything Metallica has done in the last decade. it's got nothing to do with "saten". Slayer has just always been a metal band. whether you like the direction they took or not.

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Who cares? They're both crap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 pm

to be honest, i hate most all metal. i am in love with old school thrash. i hate metallica's load, reload, and st. anger, but it is just better in a musical sense than any of slayer's new stuff. because slayer stayed "metal" that just means that they cared nothing about musical theory or anything but getting drunk and being "heavy". metallica stayed music might not have been metal, or thrash, i did'nt even like it. thats not my point, the point is that slayer never got slammed for being sellouts. you all say you hate pantera, slayer now is the same damn thing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:01 pm

for your information, this forum is anti-Slayer. there are only like 2 or 3 of us here that like them. your comparisons to Pantera are without merit.

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 pm

Slayer never really sold out... I don't believe Metallica sold out either but metallers all around the board will flame me for that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:37 pm

the mad butcher wrote:
to be honest, i hate most all metal. i am in love with old school thrash. i hate metallica's load, reload, and st. anger, but it is just better in a musical sense than any of slayer's new stuff. because slayer stayed "metal" that just means that they cared nothing about musical theory or anything but getting drunk and being "heavy". metallica stayed music might not have been metal, or thrash, i did'nt even like it. thats not my point, the point is that slayer never got slammed for being sellouts. you all say you hate pantera, slayer now is the same damn thing.
You will be eaten alive on any real messageboard. I'm not even going to be bother, but I will say this: You have no idea what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
for your information, this forum is anti-Slayer. there are only like 2 or 3 of us here that like them. your comparisons to Pantera are without merit.

This forum is anti-Slayer? scratch Can't say I've really noticed much of that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 11:48 pm

This is so not an anti-Slayer board. There are many more fans thn
not here. I am just vocal about my disgust for those silly little
posers.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 12:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
the mad butcher wrote:
You will be eaten alive on any real messageboard. I'm not even going to be bother, but I will say this: You have no idea what you're talking about.
i like you more & more with each post! Cool

SAXON1500 wrote:
This is so not an anti-Slayer board. There are many more fans thn
not here. I am just vocal about my disgust for those silly little
posers.
from what i've read, you are not alone here. and 'm cool with that, but Slayer are still metal.

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 1:11 am

Quote :
but Slayer are still metal

No doubting that - and I have not heard anything they have done in about 10 years, so I can't say if they sold out or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 2:20 am

And no matter how shitty St. Anger was, it was still a metal album.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 12:12 pm

We're an anti-Slayer/Pantera board?

Does this mean I'm going to be ostracised? ;P

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:12 pm

Well I haven't liked Slayer since South of Heaven and I haven't ever really cared for Metallica. But I hated both equally from those bands after the albums I listed.

I was a Slayer freak! I still am with the older albums and will always continue to be. Metallica opened a LOT of doors and I am glad they did so, but I still don't care for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 8:29 pm

I've always felt that Slayer was overrated. They have plenty of great songs, but I've never liked an album all the way through. And I love everything Metallica has done except for St. Anger, which I despise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 2:53 am

Yeah, Slayer attempted to appeal to the Nu Metal Ozzfest crowd for a few moments, but it can never compare to the absolute anal soul selling prostitution Metallica did. A complete change of image, purposedly diminishing the quality of their music to go for a safe, commercial friendly sound, eliminating their label as a Heavy Metal band because Metal was not hip at that time (although their name obviuosly said otherwise).
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:22 am

i never heard diabolus in musica bu the name says it all

diablocial music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did metallica sell out more than slayer?   did metallica sell out more than slayer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

did metallica sell out more than slayer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next