Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?

Go down 
+11
TrogDawn
DeathCult
candlemass
kmorg
mc666
Rex
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Vote_lcap35%In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
No
In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Vote_lcap65%In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Vote_rcap
 65% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Empty
PostSubject: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:57 am

[not to be taken too seriously]

While reading interviews with some of the biggest vocalists in metal (Pro Secrets Of Heavy Rock Singing), many say that Halford is an inhuman singer. All the vocalists that mention Halford say all the rules of singing are thrown out the window where he's concerned. All of them say not to smoke, Haford smokes like a chimney. Many say that when your throat is messed up you want to take it easy, or even cancel the show in extreme cases. But one guy (I believe it was Bruce Dickinson but I could be wrong) said one time he saw Halford and Rob could barely talk but he got up on stage and didn't miss a beat and sung as high as ever. Looks like he made a deal with the devil to me, how else would you explain such a long career with his inhuman singing that goes against conventional wisdom of singing?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:58 am

I vote "no."

Halford is the metal GOD, not the metal DEVIL. So there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 am

No, Halford has a God given talent.

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:09 am

Protein coated vocal chords
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:31 am

I dont believe one can sell their soul to the devil.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:41 am

stepcousin wrote:
I dont believe one can sell their soul to the devil.

Niether do I. This wasn't suppose to be taken seriously and in retrospect the idea for this seemed better in my head than typed here, but I put it out and I can't take it back-live and learn.
Before anyone tags this I will go ahead and do so myself: lame
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:56 am

Halford voice has power of chainsaw. NO he is Metal God not Devil.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 am

spectrefate wrote:

sick fainting sick
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:10 am

Rexorcist wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

sick fainting sick

I just now got that! :geek:
And yes it is very sick sick sick
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:51 am

i won't comment on god, devils, & souls. i'll just say that Halford is a gifted singer.

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Of course not. He'd already sold it to the Fairfax Leather Company.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

sick fainting sick

It took you this long to get that??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

of course he did! robert johnson too. it's, like, TOTALLY impossible to be talented without selling your soul to the devil. Wink
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

sick fainting sick

It took you this long to get that??

I____c-a-n___b-e___s-l-o-w___s-o-m-e-t-i-m-e-s___.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Nah, the devil was way more interested in his Harley....

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:29 pm

no, he sold his soul to priapus...... lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Has anyone seen the vid when he stepped in for Ozzy a few years back w/Sabbath, or the last Priest DVD? Not exactly stellar vocals, the same could be said of Dio or Steven Tyler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:23 pm

No, pure talent. King Diamond smokes and still manages to sing like that, so it beats the hell out of me how they manage in both cases. I never saw a clip of the Dehumanizer tour where he stepped in for Dio in Sabbath, but I heard some audio and it sounded pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:29 pm

DeathCult wrote:
No, pure talent. King Diamond smokes and still manages to sing like that, so it beats the hell out of me how they manage in both cases. I never saw a clip of the Dehumanizer tour where he stepped in for Dio in Sabbath, but I heard some audio and it sounded pretty good to me.

I didn't mean that tour, he filled in for Ozzy a few years ago and didn't sound all that great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Didnt hear about that one, But basically its not worth checking out anyway then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:45 pm

candlemass wrote:
Has anyone seen the vid when he stepped in for Ozzy a few years back w/Sabbath, or the last Priest DVD? Not exactly stellar vocals, the same could be said of Dio or Steven Tyler.

I have seen that video. The problem is, Halford wasn't 100% familiar with the songs and wasn't exactly "practiced up" on the songs either. Considering Halford helped them out at the last minute, filling in for an ailing Ozzy, I think he did pretty darn good. Looked like he had a blast on stage as well.

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:32 pm

On studio stuff, i think Halford is the single greatest vocalist in metal history, however, on stage there's a few who i rate slightly higher. Dickinson, Dio and a few others..
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
No, Halford has a God given talent.
My thoughts exactly, glad you said it first, Scott. In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? 309780

I'm also glad that DB clarified that this post wasn't to be taken too seriously, because when I read the topic title it instantly pissed me off. lol!

Seriously though, I hate this stupid myth that gets perpetuated that some great musicians have "sold their souls to the devil" and that's the only reason they're so great. It gives Satan all of the credit for God's gifts and that's a real shame to me. I believe this myth probably got started by fearful, superstitious/religious and uneducated rural folks who were intimidated by musical talent and in their own ignorance they could not explain it any other way than by attributing it to the devil. I know this thread was meant as a joke, but I know there are people out there who really believe this kind of crap. Rolling Eyes

Satan gets no credit for great music, and his only contribution that I can see is the way he screws up the lives of great performers. Mad

That and I think he also invented the RIAA and its corporate record company minions... Twisted Evil

Last edited by TrogDawn on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:17 pm

I have that DVD of Halford singing for Sabbath. I thought it came out great, especially considering it was last minute.

Towards the end of the show he messes up the lyrics for one song pretty
bad. Not positive, but I think it was Paranoid. I was thinking, "C'mon
Rob, even I know the lyrics to that one." lol!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Towards the end of the show he messes up the lyrics for one song pretty bad. Not positive, but I think it was Paranoid. I was thinking, "C'mon Rob, even I know the lyrics to that one." lol!
Yeah, it was "Paranoid". Did you catch the look he and Tony shot at each other after Rob screwed up the line? Rob just starts smiling and shaking his head at his goof - it was hillarious! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next