Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Midnight Run - good movie, haven't seen it in years and it was on one of the starz channels

Great flick. "I'm gonna stab you in the heart with a f**kin' pencil!" Laughing very hard

Dennis Farina is awesome in this movie. I love his line:

"Is this moron number one? Put moron number two on the phone".

Though my favorite line is when Robert Deniro's character is talking with Eddie:

"Well, let me describe the scene to you: There are these guys, see? They've probably been up for like two days; they stink of B.O.; they have coffee breath; they're constipated from sittin' on their asses for so long; they're sitting in a van, and they're probably parked right up the street from your office Eddie, YOUR PHONE IS TAPPED"!

I love the look on the Feds faces while Jack is explaining all this to Eddie.

"Midnight Run" is easily the most underappreciated comedy of the 80's. For those who haven't seen it, they need to. Charles Grodin and Robert Deniro are a great tandem.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Waxwork I & II
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:49 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No Country For Old Men (again). What a good movie! (and to my experience accurately and respectfully depicts West Texans)

I think I am gonna get that one this weekend. I really want to see it. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:22 am

Saturday mornings seem to be Big Monster time on the Encore Action channel...my son and I just watched "Godzilla Vs. Megagurius" (no idea if I'm spelling that right), in which The Big G defends Japan against some sort of giant mutant dragonfly creature from another dimension. My son loved watching all the buildings get destroyed while the monsters beat the crap out of each other!!

Whenever I'm channel surfing and I land on a Godzilla movie, I simply have to watch. They bring out my inner 8 year old. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Saturday mornings seem to be Big Monster time on the Encore Action channel...my son and I just watched "Godzilla Vs. Megagurius" (no idea if I'm spelling that right), in which The Big G defends Japan against some sort of giant mutant dragonfly creature from another dimension. My son loved watching all the buildings get destroyed while the monsters beat the crap out of each other!!

Whenever I'm channel surfing and I land on a Godzilla movie, I simply have to watch. They bring out my inner 8 year old. Laughing

Seen any good movies? - Page 33 51W7PF22VCL._SL500_AA240_
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Fireproof -

Went with the wife. Very good movie. Definitely Christian/Faith based movie, but the lessons taught in it could help any couple appreciate each other more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 3:23 pm

detuned wrote:

Yup, that's the flick. Pretty cool stuff. All the hallmarks of the Godzilla series were there: scenes of terrified Japanese evacuating their city, a young kid who holds the secret of the monster, clueless military types who try to destroy Godzilla only to realize they're going to need him later when the Badass Monster of the Week shows up, hilarious rubber monsters and stop-motion FX, and lots of model city buildings and bridges getting shattered. I highly recommend it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:44 am

Taste the Blood of Dracula - one of the better Hammer Films Dracula movies

Fat Freddy wrote:

I think they were playing that one a few days ago as well. I tried getting in to the Godzilla movies a few years ago when they went to DVD, but I just couldn't do it. There's some goofy charm to it, but they're too slow for me.

DeathCult wrote:
Waxwork I & II

On Demand?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:46 am

The Wicker Man
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:50 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
The Wicker Man

That Nicolas Cage crap?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 am

Schbopo wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
The Wicker Man

That Nicolas Cage crap?

I hope he's referring to the brilliant original version starring Christopher Lee.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:57 am

Unfortunately, it was the Nicholas Cage version. I didn't want to rip out my eyeballs, but it was a close thing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

You can NEVER go wrong with a Godzilla movie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Just got back from Max Payne...meh... lame
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Taste the Blood of Dracula - one of the better Hammer Films Dracula movies

Fat Freddy wrote:

I think they were playing that one a few days ago as well. I tried getting in to the Godzilla movies a few years ago when they went to DVD, but I just couldn't do it. There's some goofy charm to it, but they're too slow for me.

DeathCult wrote:
Waxwork I & II

On Demand?

I've got the double DVD, but I did notice it was On Demand
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:08 pm

A Raisin In The Sun (the modern version)
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:00 am

I just put most of the Godzilla movies on my Netflix list. Gonna give it a go again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Unfortunately, it was the Nicholas Cage version. I didn't want to rip out my eyeballs, but it was a close thing.

Don't let that pile of crap dissuade you from seeing the original version. It's a brilliant film. Just make sure you catch the uncut version.

Seen any good movies? - Page 33 51FW3H7Q0HL._SL500_AA240_
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:28 pm

detuned wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Unfortunately, it was the
Nicholas Cage version. I didn't want to rip out my eyeballs, but it was
a close thing.

Don't let that pile of crap dissuade you
from seeing the original version. It's a brilliant film. Just make sure
you catch the uncut version.

Seen any good movies? - Page 33 51FW3H7Q0HL._SL500_AA240_

I'll have to keep my eye out for that.

I watched Psycho last night to make up for it. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:51 pm

Son of Frankenstein
Ghost of Frankenstein
House of Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:38 am

AVP Requiem. Pretty damn good except some of the lighting made it hard to make out certain images. Almost makes me want to watch the Alien and Predator movies (I may need to get some of them on DVD).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

Yup, that's the flick. Pretty cool stuff. All the hallmarks of the Godzilla series were there: scenes of terrified Japanese evacuating their city, a young kid who holds the secret of the monster, clueless military types who try to destroy Godzilla only to realize they're going to need him later when the Badass Monster of the Week shows up, hilarious rubber monsters and stop-motion FX, and lots of model city buildings and bridges getting shattered. I highly recommend it. Laughing

That's a good one. Although the origins of Megaguirus are questionable. These later Godzilla movies also fell in love with the tactic of having morphing monsters; monsters that go through stages. Destroyah does the same thing.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:20 am

tohostudios wrote:

That's a good one. Although the origins of Megaguirus are questionable. These later Godzilla movies also fell in love with the tactic of having morphing monsters; monsters that go through stages. Destroyah does the same thing.

I don't see enough Godzilla movies to know much about how each one fits into the continuity or whether one movie is better or worse than another. I just get a kick out of watchin' the big rubber monsters go at it.

My son looked a little nervous about watching "Megagurius" with me at first till Godzilla first appeared on screen and he said "Daddy, he looks so fake." Haha.

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:39 pm

I just watched American Gangster

apparently I've seen it before, but didn't remember much of it. Very good.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:35 pm

American Gangster gets two thumbs way up from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next