Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Monster Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Just watched one of my all-time favourites last night: Edward Scissorhands

I freakin' love Danny Elfman's film score!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Bend It Like Beckham - (again...one of my favorite movies)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Doomsday

This is the latest directorial effort from Neil Marshall whose previous flicks, Dog Soldiers and The Descent are a couple of my favorite horror movies this decade.

This one isn't a horror movie; it's an homage to the movies Marshall likes. It's a mashup of Escape From New York, Mad Max and 28 Days Later. The plot isn't the least bit original but there's lots of action and gore and never a dull moment.

If you go into it not expecting anything remotely original but just want to be thoroughly entertained, you'll enjoy this one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 pm

Son of Dracula
House of Dracula
The Dead Next Door
The Ghoul
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:20 pm

The Fog (the original)
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Here's one for DB:

There's this Wizard Of Oz remake thing that Zooey Deoihsjlkhfkhwerfa stars in as DG. I don't know what it's called, but we were watching it the other night. I guess it's not really a movie, but it's good otherwise. Some of the lines are very cheezzzzy though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Here's one for DB:

There's this Wizard Of Oz remake thing that Zooey Deoihsjlkhfkhwerfa stars in as DG. I don't know what it's called, but we were watching it the other night. I guess it's not really a movie, but it's good otherwise. Some of the lines are very cheezzzzy though.

Her being in it is something that makes me weary of watching it. Her pictures are lovely enough but when I hear her voice and see her facial expressions I am filled with a longing that is both inexplicable and irrational. She is an atctress and not meant for me but I just find her too irrestistable (a reason why I haven't watched Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy in two years despite loving the movie-I may have to wait until I'm in a relationship before I attempt to watch it again). Call it pathetic or creepy, but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:12 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

I never liked that film, never understood the big deal about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

DeathCult wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

I never liked that film, never understood the big deal about it.

Same here. I have recently watched "Shoot 'em Up" and "Alpha Dog" and enjoyed both. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 pm

The Last Sign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:58 am

Futurama: Bender's Game-funny as all get out, unfortunatly, like the last one this doesn't have any contiuation of the Fry and Leela saga. However, from what I understand, the last one will.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 am

Constantine
Southland Tales
Run Fatboy Run
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:34 am

Journey To The Center Of The Earth-pretty decent family movie. Brendon Frasier has come a long way since Encino Man.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:06 am

Im a big fan of Brenden Fraiser I plan to see that

Toho- Would you say Doomsday is good? Ive been curious on seeing that
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 am

In The Name Of The King-Bad acting, ususual casting (Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta do NOT belong in a fantasy film), cheesy dialogue (the term is 'give no quarter' not 'give no quarters'), and totally unorigional, but from what I understand, a lot better than most Uwe Boll movies (thoug I kind of dug Alone In The Dark). For a theatrical release this is a bad movie, but would be pretty decent for a Sci-Fi Channel movie. Still, I wasn't expecting Lord Of The Rings quality or even Eragon quality when I rented it. Despite the bad elements, the action scenes were pretty good as well as the cinematography and at least it killed 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:11 am

DallasBlack wrote:
AVP Requiem. Pretty damn good except some of the lighting made it hard to make out certain images. Almost makes me want to watch the Alien and Predator movies (I may need to get some of them on DVD).

Good gore flick but the scenes in the hospital maternity ward were just wrong, WRONG, WROOOOOONNNNGGG!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 am

Addy wrote:

Toho- Would you say Doomsday is good? Ive been curious on seeing that

It's not original in the least but it sure is entertaining. Gory too if you get the unrated version.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 am

That WIZARD OF OZ thing was a miniseries entitled "Tin Man", I believe.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:25 am

DallasBlack wrote:
In The Name Of The King-Bad acting, ususual casting (Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta do NOT belong in a fantasy film), cheesy dialogue (the term is 'give no quarter' not 'give no quarters'), and totally unorigional, but from what I understand, a lot better than most Uwe Boll movies (thoug I kind of dug Alone In The Dark). For a theatrical release this is a bad movie, but would be pretty decent for a Sci-Fi Channel movie. Still, I wasn't expecting Lord Of The Rings quality or even Eragon quality when I rented it. Despite the bad elements, the action scenes were pretty good as well as the cinematography and at least it killed 2 hours.

Oh, and just like Alone In The Dark suprisingly had a Nightwish song, this album had a Blind Guardian song at the end credits.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Journey To The Center Of The Earth-pretty decent family movie. Brendon Frasier has come a long way since Encino Man.

Yeah, actually like him. He did good in the funny "Bedazzled"...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:05 pm

Live Free or Die Hard - one of the most unrealistic movies I've seen in a while, but entertaining never the less.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:34 am

Get Smart - not bad for a big screen remake, but the original show was better. I liked how they put so many references to the original show in the movie.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Addy wrote:

I don't really like him at all as an actor. His facial expressions just make me want to punch him in the face. I can't explain it.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:31 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Addy wrote:

I don't really like him at all as an actor. His facial expressions just make me want to punch him in the face. I can't explain it.

I think that is what makes him cool!lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next