Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:01 am

Quote :
Yesterday at the $1.50 show ($0.75 on Tuesday-used to be $0.50):

Man, do I miss the old dollar theater I used to go to. My guess it has probably closed by now. Most of the time it was like a private screening. Good that there are still some of those around.

So my brother gave me his hd dvd player since it is a dead format. I picked up real cheap a bunch of used dvds for it. My favorite being The Warriors. I had forgotten how much I loved that movie. Unfortunately (in my mini Walter Hill fest) Streets of Fire didn't hold up much at all. I really liked it as a kid, but man is it ever clunky. And even in hd it didn't look real great - way too much grain and everything.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Pterodactyl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:08 am

Planet Terror-I am not usually much for zombie movies, but this was fun, funny, and REALLY entertaining.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:17 am

Highlander The Source-Just when I thought the francise was through, they throw in another one. I like it though it doesn't even come close to as good as the first two (hell the third one for that matter). Soundtrack is pretty kick ass IMO.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Highlander The Source-Just when I thought the francise was through, they throw in another one. I like it though it doesn't even come close to as good as the first two (hell the third one for that matter). Soundtrack is pretty kick ass IMO.

Being a longtime Highlander fan, I enjoyed that one.

I watched Ghostbusters 1 and 2 last night after work.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 pm

The Forbidden Kingdom-Great kung-fu movie with awesome action sequences, good comedy, and hot Asian chicks (I prefer the one on the good side, so damn hot What a Face ).
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 pm

saw the new mumy film the other day and it was average plot and good action
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Last night I watched Married Life, it was funny. Had it's moments
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:40 am

jstate wrote:
Quote :
Yesterday at the $1.50 show ($0.75 on Tuesday-used to be $0.50):

Man, do I miss the old dollar theater I used to go to. My guess it has probably closed by now. Most of the time it was like a private screening. Good that there are still some of those around.

So my brother gave me his hd dvd player since it is a dead format. I picked up real cheap a bunch of used dvds for it. My favorite being The Warriors.

The Warriors is an awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:58 am

21 - good movie
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:59 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Planet Terror-I am not usually much for zombie movies, but this was fun, funny, and REALLY entertaining.

That's now the all time goriest movie I've ever seen; finally knocked Dead Alive of the gore perch. But the gore in Planet Terror is so over the top that it's comical.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm

watched some kind of monster the other day

you can see how hard they are working to make things work but people just slag them off for it.

i actually respect them for getting help cos it is not easy to recognise that sort of thing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 pm

TheGooch wrote:
watched some kind of monster the other day

you can see how hard they are working to make things work but people just slag them off for it.

i actually respect them for getting help cos it is not easy to recognise that sort of thing

Great movie. It went a long way towards explaining how ST. ANGER turned out to be such a mess. Not that I like the album any BETTER now that I watched the film, but at least I understand how it turned out that way. Those guys shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR a recording studio at that time, with the head space that they were all in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

That's now the all time goriest movie I've ever seen; finally knocked Dead Alive of the gore perch. But the gore in Planet Terror is so over the top that it's comical.

I agree with you - very bloody and gorey
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
But the gore in Planet Terror is so over the top that it's comical.

That's probably why I enjoyed it, as I did with Shaun Of The Dead.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:10 am

D.C. Cab
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I watched Godzilla Vs. Mecha-Godzilla earlier. I love those cheesy movies.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:30 pm

nevermore wrote:
I watched Godzilla Vs. Mecha-Godzilla earlier. I love those cheesy movies.

Seen any good movies? - Page 28 505193

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:27 pm

DeathCult wrote:
D.C. Cab

I thought of that movie last night when I saw a commercial with Mister T. That's a trip down memory lane. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:03 am

Wall*E-Very cute movie and like all of those type of animated shows, I like it enough to buy it when it goes to DVD (my mom has a bootleg copy given to her by my sister's husband who got it from a friend-not bad for a pirated copy but I'd rather have the official one).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:33 am

Not good, but I watched Step Brothers online over the weekend. I was angry that their wasn't a way I could have been refunded my time spent. Stupid, god-awful (â„¢FatFreddy) movie.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:35 pm

I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby again last night. I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby again last night. I love that movie.

Funny movie. Another one of those I liked and didn't think I would.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Cold & Dark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:42 am

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

A bit more corny/chessy than the last one but I still enjoyed it. After all, in movies like this the acting and story usually take a back seat to the action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next