Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 pm

I just bought the original (1973) "Wicker Man" at a used CD/DVD store. Kind of a creepy movie, but really good. I'd recommend it to any of you that enjoy older horror movies. I need to watch it again, it's one of those kind of flicks that you watch again to see what you might have missed the first time around. I haven't seen the Nicolas Cage remake, but Rotten Tomatoes gave it less than 10%! I don't think I'll be watching it anytime soon!

I also bought the Vincent Price classic "House on Haunted Hill" but I haven't watched it yet. Can't wait! :glee:
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm

The Shooter- Very good!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 am

Redbelt.

I thought it was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:25 am

Never heard of it RF....what's that?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 pm

[quote="QuothTheRaven"]I just bought the original (1973) "Wicker Man" at a used CD/DVD store. Kind of a creepy movie, but really good. I'd recommend it to any of you that enjoy older horror movies. I need to watch it again, it's one of those kind of flicks that you watch again to see what you might have missed the first time around. I haven't seen the Nicolas Cage remake, but Rotten Tomatoes gave it less than 10%! I don't think I'll be watching it anytime soon!

I caught that original a few years ago on IFC. Very good. Much better than the remake.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 pm

Last Night: Dirty Harry
Today: CHUD
Right Now: Magnum Force
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Quote :

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:26 pm

The Butterfly Effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I watched Tremors 2 on Chiller channel late last night. Not as great as the original, but still good. Peace.

I just recorded the first "Tremors" off of Encore this afternoon with my DVD-R. Haven't seen it in ages, can't wait to watch it again soon!!

The Tremors series are good corny fun for all. The TV series they had for a while on Sci-Fi was frickin' awesome too IMO.

Yesterday at the $1.50 show ($0.75 on Tuesday-used to be $0.50):

Kung Fu Panda-Loved it! I have yet to be disappointed in those animated movies and this one will be part of my collection when it gets released on DVD.

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull-Another awesome movie that keeps the spirit of the others.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:26 am

the sentinel wrote:

LOVE that movie!!

Quote :
The Tremors series are good corny fun for all. The TV series they had for a while on Sci-Fi was frickin' awesome too IMO.

I didn't even know there was a "Tremors" TV series. Was Michael Gross (a.k.a. Burt Gummer) in it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

LOVE that movie!!

Quote :

I didn't even know there was a "Tremors" TV series. Was Michael Gross (a.k.a. Burt Gummer) in it?

Yes. he was the only "original" in it. It wasn't bad. I remember it being on like 7 or 8 o'clock on a Friday night a few years ago on Sci-Fi.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:50 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Never heard of it RF....what's that?

Redbelt is a martial arts drama tells the story of a fateful event which leads to a job in the film business for top mixed-martial arts instructor Mike Terry. Though he refuses to participate in prize bouts, circumstances conspire to force him to consider entering such a competition.

It is a good movie, but it is more about its characters than its fights. Don't go in and expect another Bloodsport or Enter the Dragon style movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Diary of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Watching Dirty Harry: The Enforcer right now. Awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 pm

Mortuary wrote:
Diary of the Dead.

I thought that one was brilliant, it accomplished what Cloverfield tried and failed to do.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 pm

Charlie Bartlett
The Shining
Gosford Park
Mad Max
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm

detuned wrote:
Mortuary wrote:
Diary of the Dead.

I thought that one was brilliant, it accomplished what Cloverfield tried and failed to do.

I hated that one. Talk about a plotless movie. The whole thing was just a lame excuse for Romero to launch a screed against the media (which admittedly is justly deserved). But if I want to be preached at, I'll tune in the next Billy Graham crusade.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Just Cause.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:50 pm

BTW, CHUD rules!

The ultimate in B movie cheese!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Seen any good movies? - Page 27 O_XoNo2a04QYLE374

I watched this time tested turd over the weekend

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Was the remake any good?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:01 pm

What remake?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Sorry, I misread that. I thought it was Children of the Damned.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Also,

I'm about 2/3 of the way through "Botched". So far this is a funny horror/thriller with deliberately bad dialogue, campy overracting and gore.

Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:33 am

I think I'll just cop-and-paste my post from the "What did you do today?"-thread:

I recently watched "Comic Strip Presents... More
Bad News". Totally hilarious heavy metal spoof/mockumentary in the same
style as "This is Spinal Tap". Haha, I laughed out loud a couple of
times, for example when they thrash the hotel after argumenting about
who's gonna be Pete Townshend in their The Who-game! Never seen this
one before and I know this is a classic among metalheads, shame on me!
But now I've seen it! Cool cameos at Monsters of Rock in the end by
Ozzy Osbourne, Joe Elliot, Phil Collen, Lemmy, Phil Taylor, Rudolf
Schenker and Klaus Meine! Everyone's task just to tell the camera how
much Bad News sucks! Great movie.
I also watched Judas Priest's Live Vengeance DVD. I've seen it a 100 times before but you can never get enough of that concert, can you?

That amp is pathetic. You couldn't amplify a fart through that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next