Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Death Wish 4
Beer League
The Fog
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:15 pm

The Village.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:56 am

KINDERGARTEN COP
DUNE
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:51 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Watched National Treasure II - Book of Secrets last night with the kids. What an awesome flick. I know people rag on the NT movies for percieved historical innacuracies, but if it were a Discovery Channel special, how many people would fork over $9 to see it? Personally, I love them both. Cool

We should be going to see Prince Caspian tonight after the ritual burning and consumption of flesh.

I really like National Treasure II (and I for that matter) and Prince Caspian was a great movie as well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:52 am

EvyMetal wrote:
DUNE

One of my favorite movies of all time. Plus it brings back memories of my childhood (the happiest time period of my life thus far).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm

The Orphanage. Pretty good ghost movie. Liked it much better after thinking about it after. The stuff with the child's game of tag was a pretty cool device. I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I really like National Treasure II (and I for that matter) and Prince Caspian was a great movie as well.

It was outstanding! Better movie than TLTWATW IMO, and from a book that I did not like as well. I'm really looking forward to Dawn Treader. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:36 pm

No Country For Old Men, again.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Indiana Jones - The new one. Pretty good. We had a "school's out" day and my daughter chose Indiana Jones.

It was at points over the top cheesy and unrealistic, but fun none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:40 am

"30 Days Of Night"
A fairly bad-a$$ vampire flick set in a snowbound Alaskan town. Not as good as I'd hoped (there were far too many slow bits in between the BOO moments) but worthy of a night's rental.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:43 am

I saw and liked that one FF. An interesting take. I want more back-story, though, but maybe that will come later?
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 pm

The Little Mermaid.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:32 am

The new Indiana Jones - saw it for nostalgic reasons, IMO - not that good.

The Return Of The King - Director's Cut

I've been watching a lot of TV series, such as ROME & FREAKS&GEEKS.

I watched some college movie with Amanda Bynes, name has slipped my mind though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:49 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I saw and liked that one FF. An interesting take. I want more back-story, though, but maybe that will come later?

I liked "30 Days" too, but it wasn't as mindblowing as I'd heard. Too many scenes of the surviving humans standing around waiting to be eaten and going "What do we do now?"

It certainly didn't skimp on the gore though! It was one of the nastier horror flicks I've seen of late.

Anyway, since then I've seen "Evan Almighty" with Steve Carell -- funny stuff, my five year old loved it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 am

Wrestlemaniac

Starring Rey Misterio SR as a Mexican wrestling Frankenstein (assembled from the parts of great wrestlers) who rips off the faces of his victims (like the luchadores take their fallen foes' masks).

They really missed an opportunity for a cult classic here. If the killer had actually used wrestling moves to kill his victims (like a clothesline that really does take someone's head off) this would have been great, gory, cheesy fun. As it is, it's actually kinda boring.

Except for the face ripping...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Child's Play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Mortuary wrote:
Child's Play.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of an hour and a half.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:32 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Mortuary wrote:
Child's Play.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of an hour and a half.

Whatever, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Hood of the Living Dead (no that is a real movie).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 am

I watched Turistas the other night. What a joke. Haha. At least there was some boobage.

Watched The Last Legion at work last night. Pretty good movie. It basically tells a tale of Romulus Augustus, the last Emperor of Rome. It's largely fictional, though, as little is known of Romulus. He was Emperor for just a short period of time, and just a kid, before the Goths took over and sent him to prison. This movie tries to tell a tale of what may have happened after this, since nothing is known of what happened to him in prison. Excalibur is also a big part of the story, as is Merlin.

I dug it. A bit low budget at times, but done well enough. Some extras couldn't act well, but overall the acting was good. Ben Kingsley, however, did a pretty shoddy job, which surprised me. He must not have gotten paid well. Haha. Decent flick, though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:55 am

Hatchet

A funny, gory good time! Nothing at all original but some major boobage, gory kills and genuinely funny dialogue.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hatchet

A funny, gory good time! Nothing at all original but some major boobage, gory kills and genuinely funny dialogue.
A local dude did this. It was a big deal around here for some reason. I heard the acting was atrocious. True?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Hatchet

A local dude did this. It was a big deal around here for some reason. I heard the acting was atrocious. True?

Not to me. I've seen far, far worse.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Hatchet

Not to me. I've seen far, far worse.
Ah, so people were probably just hating on it because he was local and found some meager success with it. Pffft! My friend Rych loved it. But this dude is fanatical about cheesy horror.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next