Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trivium

Go down 
+29
Todd Jaymz
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
exact33
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
juanmiguel
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ghost
arttieTHE1manparty
sovdat
Smindas
INVADERS
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
romeolimagolf
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:50 pm

New song:

KIRISUTE GOMEN

Hmmm...I want to dislike this, but I kind of dig it. The screaming is back, but something is different about it. A deeper tone, maybe? Even the aggressive singing is a bit heavier. I hated the screaming on the first two albums, so I was ready to write this one off. But I don't know. Seems like they took the style of the first two and mixed it with the style on The Crusade. I like it.

God, this band pisses me off. Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:56 pm

if anyone is looking for the Ascendency pretty cheap I can get it Smile

Alex

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:11 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but everything this band does sounds like they're ripping off someone else. Kinda like Arch Enemy.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but everything this band does sounds like they're ripping off someone else. Kinda like Arch Enemy.
Or maybe so-called music fans are always looking for some reason to discredit Trivium? You show me an original band and I'll show you a million other unoriginal and better bands.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Geez, calm down. I never said I didn't like them, they just sound very...generic to me.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 pm

now i like this band and when i heard the new song i was dissapointed

Last edited by TheGooch on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:34 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Geez, calm down. I never said I didn't like them, they just sound very...generic to me.
Notice I said "fans." I was being general. They are a generic band, just like 99% of the rest of the bands out there. Unoriginality is the foundation of music. Just look at the Airbourne thread. Most people love that band and album, though they're far more generic than Trivium. But for whatever reason, people just hold Trivium to this ridiculous high standard. I don't even consider myself a fan of the band, but it definitely bugs me that so many are just so harsh on the guys.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:57 pm

to defend airbourne i would say they can carry off copying ac/dc becuase of the energy and conviction they have in what they do which makes them scintalatingly refreshing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:23 pm

TheGooch wrote:
to defend airbourne i would say they can carry off copying ac/dc becuase of the energy and conviction they have in what they do which makes them scintalatingly refreshing

+1

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
+1
Trivium doesn't play with conviction and energy?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 pm

sign on a stick. pirat
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:10 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
sign on a stick. pirat

Trivium - Page 4 S_4c7851dd0722cc5061a98889f363e1d6(spanish accent) on a stick.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:28 pm

I'm willing to give the new album a chance as long as they've shortened the length. The Crusade is not bat at all but it is way too long for me to give it repeat listens. Some bands can get away with long albums IMO, but these guys just don't.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 pm

I don't understand where the Metallica comparision started?? You could say that about alot of bands. Nu Metal?? I must be missing something haha, I don't hear that either-TJ
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Parksey wrote:
What is everyones thoughts on this band? They are interesting to me, but I'm not sold on them. I've heard people calling them the next coming of Metallica.

They suck BIG TIME! I mean they are clearly the worst metal band in the metal scene today not only do they give thrash metal a bad name but they mix emo, metalcore and thrash metal together a hazardous miux indeed. Id rather go to the sand blaster room at work without any hearing protection and Smurf up my hearing than listen to their horse smurf poo

Last edited by fingers on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:45 pm

fingers wrote:
Parksey wrote:
What is everyones thoughts on this band? They are interesting to me, but I'm not sold on them. I've heard people calling them the next coming of Metallica.
They suck BIG TIME! I mean they are clearly the wirst metal band in the metal scene today not only doi they give thrash metal a bad name but they mix emo, metalcore and thrash metal together a hazardous miux indeed. Id rather go to the sand blaster room at work without any hearing protection and Smurf up my hearing than listen to their horse smurf poo
I encourage you to sandblast your anus.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:30 pm

I thought the new song was ok. It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. I'd have to hear a little more of the album before I made a decision to purchase or not. I still dig The Crusade.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought the new song was ok. It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. I'd have to hear a little more of the album before I made a decision to purchase or not. I still dig The Crusade.
I like The Crusade as well. Makes me wish he'd sung like that on the first two albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like The Crusade as well. Makes me wish he'd sung like that on the first two albums.

I've never heard the first 2 albums in their entirety, just songs on sattelite radio and the screaming turned me off immediatley. I only have The Crusade on cdr that I got from a buddy of mine who convinced me to take a listen. I wouldn't have given these guys the time of day otherwise. I'll probably give the new one a chance.
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:22 pm

Just an observation from a guy that owns the ascendancy and the crusade....

I like them both but in totally seperate ways.

Ascendancy reminds me of a good metalcore album, while the crusade made me think think the were going much more of an old school thrash sort of way. IMO both are good but really different.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4604

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm

I like that track. Of course, I like Ascendency and The Crusade so it's not surprising.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Haven't taking the time to listen to it yet, but I can say my hopes are high, the crusade was pretty good, but it showed a lot of promise. I just hope they lose the pathetic alternative sounding parts in their songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:37 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Trivum bashing/discussion here is just as bad as the other forum I just came from!

What is it about this band? Are we all secretly crushing on Matt Heafy and can't sort our feelings out?

To their credit, they've opened for Iron Maiden at their age. Can't beat that (though I think they got pelted by bags of pee).
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:13 pm

It's that people tire of seeing oodles of credit to bands who are playing Special Olympics metal while bands who are steadfast real metal starve from lack of hype. Razz
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It's that people tire of seeing oodles of credit to bands who are playing Special Olympics metal while bands who are steadfast real metal starve from lack of hype. Razz
And the fact is that if Trivium were one of those bands starving from lack of hype, people would love them. Those guys shred. The bass player is SICK!

I swear, I stand up for this band more than any other band out there, and I only like one album! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trivium - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trivium
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next