Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trivium

Go down 
+29
Todd Jaymz
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
exact33
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
juanmiguel
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ghost
arttieTHE1manparty
sovdat
Smindas
INVADERS
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
romeolimagolf
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:35 am

smurf poo, woops I spammed, listened to the first half of the album and don't see why it's so bad, the 3rd song and anthem are great.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:04 am

the mad butcher wrote:
nu metal crap! i can't believe that these people are breathing my air! this is the type of bands that not only give metal a bad name they continue to give music in general a bad name!!
Come on! No offense, but fans like you give metal and music in general a bad name. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but Trivium are about as nu-metal as Cannibal Corpse is rap.

Musically, Trivium are about as metal as you can get. And technically, all three albums are identical musically. Like I said before, don't let the vocals fool you. This band has never been metalcore or nu-metal or anything besides a modern traditional metal band with some thrash influence.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:07 am

Nice comparison, Eyesore, lol. And they are metal... is it me, or are some metal fans never happy? Eh... some people will always reject new things I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:08 am

buggie_strikes_back! wrote:
Nice comparison, Eyesore, lol. And they are metal... is it me, or are some metal fans never happy? Eh... some people will always reject new things I suppose.
Trivium's music is hardly a "new thing" as it's a complete rip-off of everything Metallica and Megadeth did 20 years ago, just done in a far more uninteresting fashion.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:18 am

TheHellion wrote:
Trivium's music is hardly a "new thing" as it's a complete rip-off of everything Metallica and Megadeth did 20 years ago, just done in a far more uninteresting fashion.
This argument is also pointless. 99.9% of bands are not original. Metallica and Megadeth sure weren't. Why can't anyone simply say, "I don't like them." Why do people have to try to sort of throw discrediting insults in there as well?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 am

Eyesore, I think their point is that, for instance, Metallica/Megadeth whilst not wholly original, were fairly unique - whereas Trivium seem to come across as a bit of a carbon copy of what bands like those pioneered. Having said that, I always thought that musically Trivium were fairly decent, but those vocals were annoying as hell. The Crusade is a vast improvement on that, and I do enjoy that album. However, I don't think it's not as amazing as I've seen some people make it out to be. I think it's decent - there's better and there's definitely worse.

MetalGuy71 wrote:

From what I've read, they've been given alot of flack from their hard-core fans for this change of vocal styles, claiming that they've sold out. I also read that they recently opened some shows for Maiden over in Europe and had bottles of piss thrown at them, being called posers. They seem to create alot of negativity. I'm not sure, but I think the lead singer comes off as a bit of a jack-ass in interviews.
I caught them on this tour. They actually put on an incredible set, I was surprised - very good opener. But yeah, they did get quite a bit of abuse at the gig. Heafy dealt with it quite hilariously but I guess that probably only turned more people on to hating him. He is a bit of a jackass, to be fair.

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
TheHellion wrote:
This argument is also pointless. 99.9% of bands are not original. Metallica and Megadeth sure weren't. Why can't anyone simply say, "I don't like them." Why do people have to try to sort of throw discrediting insults in there as well?

Whoops, I should've clarified myself... I didn't mean their music style was new... it's thrash, its been around for 20 years. I'm not an idiot.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Why can't anyone simply say, "I don't like them." Why
do people have to try to sort of throw discrediting insults in there as
well?

ultmetal wrote:
Don't really care for them. They bore me.

I did pretty much say that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 3:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Why can't anyone simply say, "I don't like them." Why
do people have to try to sort of throw discrediting insults in there as
well?
ultmetal wrote:
Don't really care for them. They bore me.
I did pretty much say that. Very Happy
🤘

And my apologies if I misinterpret meanings here. I listen to people at the metalreviews.com forum talk trash about 99% of the bands people post about. There's too many there with that Blabbermouth mentality. It's really annoying.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 4:01 pm

Quote :
And my apologies if I misinterpret meanings here. I listen to
people at the metalreviews.com forum talk trash about 99% of the bands
people post about. There's too many there with that Blabbermouth
mentality. It's really annoying.

Actually, I agree with you about that.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 4:35 pm

I haven't heard them yet, but I don't have any intentions of doing that
either. It just looks like that they are the metal's new overrated
loosers.

I have heard that Metal Militia album, just think of the most generic
thrash metal from 00s you can think off and you'll get MM.

I'd really like to see Annihilator this year on their EU tour, but they
are going to SUPPORT Trivium!! So no thanks, probably (since the gig is
not in my country).
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 5:04 pm

I like Ascendency, and I REALLY like The Crusade. I think a lot of people just bag on them because they are not "true" or "old school" metal in their book, which means no one but Maiden, Priest, and Sabbath are metal. Seriously, this genre nazi tendency that so many people subscribe to causes a lot of people to miss out on some good music.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:48 pm

IMO these guys are pretty good. I like some different stuff off of most of their albums. Like 1 or 2 off of Ascendancy, 1 or 2 off The Crusade, etc. Frankly I love the guitar, and the vocals aren't mindblowing, but they're good. Again this is all IMO.
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:04 am

Not a fan. Heard all their albums and the first one was probably
my favorite and it wasn't very good. I saw them open for Iced
Earth a few years back and they were boring live.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:22 am

I like The Crusade very much. I have listened to Ascendancy only once, but I like it as well. It is different to The Crusade, but at a first listen I thought it was even better than The Crusade. The vocals don’t bother me.

I haven’t heard From Ember To Inferno so far.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:22 am

smurf poo.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:33 am

Decent musicians,just cant get into them.One day they will make one of the best metal albums ever,but the Crusade isnt it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 11:14 am

I find it interesting that people are criticizing them for ripping off bands like Metallica or Megadeth.

If you are going to imitate/rip-off/plagerize any band, I can't think of any bands better to be influenced by. Would you rather have another Korn-clone?
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 1:29 am

definitely not the next tallica-IMO no one ever will- but i dug their last two albums. there are things off ascendancy i like and dislike, the same with the crusade. BTW ascendancy was my 17th birthday gift haha
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 10:27 pm

I know it's not cool to like Trivium, but I've become a huge fan of their bass player. He joined them on the second album, but did little songwriting then. On the latest he's actually written some of the baddest songs on the album. This is one of them:

THE RISING (Video)

Just a new video. I love this song. It's got a great 80s rock/metal vibe. 20 years ago people would have totally loved this song. The bass player also wrote THE ANTHEM, another killer 80s-like metal jam. Anyway, I dig the guy. He's definitely a throwback writer and player, I think.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:17 am

I just got The Crusade in a LaLa trade...it's not bad at all. I don't see the reason for the hatred. They are clearly worshipping at the altar of Metallica...but they do a good job of it. My only complaint in the F-bombs scattered around. Maybe they'll outgrow the need to do that. I agree with Thrasher73 - It sounds to me like they have it in them to make a REALLY great album someday....time will tell...
Back to top Go down

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 10:36 pm

Trivium has it's moments. They're good for the most part.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:25 am

I have seen Trivium live twice and here in England they have a huge following that is not currently present in the us.

Yes they do make thrash metal in a similar vein to the greats but by saying that you could acuse any new thrash band today of copying the greats.

overall though i think they are good and they certainly aint "NU"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
LOL! There is a cuss filter on the board. Anytime anyone uses the word S H I T, the filter puts in smurf poo.
lol that's hillarious Laughing very hard

Yes it is.

However, there is also a reason for it. It's not really that any of the admins or myself are offended by cussing. Rather, many computers, especially at people's work, have filters that block sites with certain words on them. I know this for a fact. Sometimes even when discussing Faster Pu$$ycat, my work computer will block that thread from opening. So, we put the cuss filter in place to keep that from happening.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:27 pm

TRIVIUM

OK, well, I've forced myself to listen
to "The Crusade" several times over the past month or so. I'm still not
sure what all the fuss is about. They are a decent enough band, and
this CD isn't as bad as I initially thought. On my first couple listens
I was bored quickly and had a hard time even finishing the entire CD.
For the first time today, I made it through without itching to skip to
the next CD. I guess I am starting to catch some of the hooks in the
songs that aren't immediately apparent. I still hear a lot of metalcore
influence, although without the annoying breakdowns. The soloing is
quite good and the guitar tones are excellent. I can certainly like
"The Crusade" over anything from the band's past. The vocals on those
albums were terrible, in my opinion. I also can enjoy this CD much more
than all the cookie cutter metalcore bands out there. I applaud their
move to a more "metal" sound and away from the "core" trend.

I
certainly hear some of the Metallica influence people are talking
about, but I certainly don't hear it as a carbon copy of "Master of
Puppets" that many are saying. Even the vocals, which are slightly
similar to Hetfield, aren't really a copy. Heafy's style is quite
different from Hetfield, even if he does have similar qualities in
tone.

However, why they are so popular is beyond me. They are
no better, and in fact aren't nearly as enjoyable as about 1,000 other
bands with half of Trivium's success. I guess they are just a 'buzz'
band right now with the teenage mall crowd.

Shoot, maybe I'll just use this as my review of this album. lol!

Trivium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium   Trivium - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trivium
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next