Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trivium!!!

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
James B.
sam
Olafsto
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
Stender
MetalRob331
ultmetal
tohostudios
UltraMagnus007
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:10 pm

I was just reading a previous thread hich got me thinking about Trivium.

This band seems to really divide opinions from serious hatred of this band to people who think they are the the second coming and worship them.

Personally I really rate them. I love really technical metal and have not heard a band in a long time who can play as good as these guys. I know a lot of people say they are trying to be the new Metallica and I say SO WHAT. When all Metallica can deliver is complete sh*t like St. Anger it's great that someone has picked up their mantle and delivered.

What does everyone else think of this band?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:13 pm

I bought The Crusade because I'd heard a lot of hype about this band.

First of all, they do sound a lot like Metallica at times. When they do, I really like this band.

But there's just to much yelling for my tastes; too much "nu-metal" leanings.

I don't hate Trivium but I probably won't be buying anything else from them either.

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:13 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/trivium-t490.htm

That thread begins with: What is everyones thoughts on this band?
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Whoops!, sorry.

I was looking at previous threads but didn't use the search feature when starting this thread.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:57 pm

I really hated the vocals on their second CD. Our bassist (brontotex)
likes them quite a bit. Those emo vocals are just terrible and I didn't really care for the more extreme vox either.

The latest CD is an improvement, but I still don't get the hype. I get halfway
through the CD and I am ready for it to be over. Just not my thing I guess.

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:45 pm

I don't like this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:39 pm

I enjoy them to some extent. I think they have the potential to be gtreat they just need to be a lil more original and throw away the screaming...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Quote :
I enjoy them to some extent. I think they have the potential to be gtreat they just need to be a lil more original and throw away the screaming...

Exactly!! I would be all over this band if the singer simply SANG!

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:50 pm

They did throw away the screaming.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:02 pm

I agree with metalrob, til about halfway through the disc I own which is Acendency I'm into it sort of, then I just get bored. Not to say they dont have talent in some areas. I really like both the guitars and the drums are exceptionaly good also. I havent heard any of the later albums but, I just dont dig pop shclock emo metal, just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 pm

That's how I was. They were "good"...but they didn't "Stick". Traded them off.....
Back to top Go down

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:24 pm

Don't hold my attention though I recognize the talent.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:55 pm

I heard a lot of hype about them, people saying they were the next generation of Thrash, etc.

...so, I heard an mp3 file of "Dying in your Arms"...hm...sounds like utter Emo-Radio-Crap...have I just been unlucky, when I chose?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They did throw away the screaming.

yes on The Crusade they did, I like the album especially To The Rats. I think Matt has a great voice when he sings..
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:49 am

The Crusade is a very good album imo!!
Also saw them live in 06 opening for Maiden, and they are METAL enough for me Smile . So many people hates new bands that get a lot of attention/hype, just because of the hype. I don`t. If they are good/smart enough to make people like them and buy their records, good for them. All metal bands can`t be underground...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:16 am

Firstly, to my ears this band is most definately not an emo band, don't know why people say this. I thought emo was my chemical romance or coheed and cambria. To these ears this band is most definately METAL!

It seems then thats Matts voice seems to be the main gripe with people. Now I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinions but I don't get this. Look at some of the biggest metal bands and some of their vocalist can't sing for sh*t. I love megadeth but lets face it dave mustaine is hardly a great singer and as for Ozzy, the man can't hold a tune to save his life. What I'm trying to say is I cannot understand why Matts voice is uch a stickler for people, I don't think he's a great singer but it certainly doesn't spoil my enjoyment of their music.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:34 am

they have some good songs and some bad songs, enjoy a listen from time to time but it doesn't enter the playlist regularly
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:28 am

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Firstly, to my ears this band is most definately not an emo band, don't know why people say this. I thought emo was my chemical romance or coheed and cambria. To these ears this band is most definately METAL!
Emo is an insult. It's what people use to describe a band when they want to be negative.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:39 am

Quote :
It seems then thats Matts voice seems to be the main gripe with people. Now I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinions but I don't get this. Look at some of the biggest metal bands and some of their vocalist can't sing for sh*t. I love megadeth but lets face it dave mustaine is hardly a great singer and as for Ozzy, the man can't hold a tune to save his life. What I'm trying to say is I cannot understand why Matts voice is uch a stickler for people, I don't think he's a great singer but it certainly doesn't spoil my enjoyment of their music.

I'd say that Dave and Ozzy sing songs that are way better written. For many years I have stated that a band full of great musicians is just "that", if you can play your instrument but can't write a song...well ?
Musical style is just a flavor to me, music is basicly notes, chords and scales. You can practice to make it tight. There is a difference between going through the motions and playing from the heart. People can tell the difference. This is why I can't get into this particular band.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Personally i dont really like em them a have a few good songs but other then that i need not waste me time on them
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:48 pm

I have a cdr of The Crusade that a buddy game me and I like it allot. I don't like their older material primaryily due to the screaming vocals. Music was cool though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Emo is an insult. It's what people use to describe a band when they want to be negative.

I didn't mean "emo" as an insult. I meant, the clean style of singing on their second CD. To me it had that "emo" sound, that I've heard from other emo bands. Musically, Trivium are not emo at all.

It's not "just" the vocals that don't work for me. Trivium just lack something in songwriting that makes me want to listen to an entire album from them. They lack dynamics IMO. The songs just don't stick. A song or two, and I enjoy them. An entire album is, for lack of a better word, boring.

UltraMagnus007
Coheed & Cambria are NOT emo. They are a prog rock band. Simple as that. Vocals aren't much different from a band like Rush or Triumph.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:07 pm

All right, I checked out "The Crusade", and I am quite enjoying it - Maybe not one I would listen to the most, but from time to time, when I am in the mood. Seriously, most of the music is prime HEAVY METAL - Some of the solo's could be a little bit more developed on, but that is a minor complaint. Matt's vocals are very cool on that CD. Have you guys heard the terrible "Dying in your Arms?" - It sounds NOTHING like any of their other songs....completely misplaced, Modern, Punk-Pop worship.....Matt sounds like a carbon copy of all those high-school geeks, with those god-awful clean, emo-vocals......plus, the music sounds like everything else you hear on the radio, except for the annoying opening melody.....just plain, boring, uninspired, pop-strumming. I See these little seventh graders with Trivium T-shirts, calling themselves fans, because they heard that song - Do NOT judge Trivium from that song. But "the Crusade" is quite good.
Back to top Go down

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
I didn't mean "emo" as an insult. I meant, the clean style of singing on their second CD. To me it had that "emo" sound, that I've heard from other emo bands. Musically, Trivium are not emo at all.

It's not "just" the vocals that don't work for me. Trivium just lack something in songwriting that makes me want to listen to an entire album from them. They lack dynamics IMO. The songs just don't stick. A song or two, and I enjoy them. An entire album is, for lack of a better word, boring.
Haha. I wasn't pointing fingers. I wasn't even aware that people used the term in this thread, I was simply pointing out that a lot of people throw the "emo" term out there like they do "nu-metal." You, obviously, are not the kind of person that would do that sort of thing.

The emo thing bugs me because I don't know what emo is today. I can't quite put my finger on it because so many vasty different bands are labeled emo. I remember bands like Quicksand being called emo, and Quicksand was an awesome band, nothing like the bands labeled emo today. Like nu-metal, how can Korn and In Flames be nu-metal? One is nu-metal, and they're a band slammed by most these days, as is the genre. So calling In Flames nu-metal is basically an insult, with no musical merit whatsoever. Unfortunately a lot of people do the same thing with the term emo.

I can see people saying Heafy's clean singing is a bit whiny. It can be. And his screaming is horrendous, for the most part. But I don't find that emo, I guess. I actually like his aggressive singing, though; and I think someday they'll be a great metal band. I personally think they were just signed way too soon and we're hearing a band grow when we shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
All right, I checked out "The Crusade", and I am quite enjoying it - Maybe not one I would listen to the most, but from time to time, when I am in the mood. Seriously, most of the music is prime HEAVY METAL - Some of the solo's could be a little bit more developed on, but that is a minor complaint. Matt's vocals are very cool on that CD. Have you guys heard the terrible "Dying in your Arms?" - It sounds NOTHING like any of their other songs....completely misplaced, Modern, Punk-Pop worship.....Matt sounds like a carbon copy of all those high-school geeks, with those god-awful clean, emo-vocals......plus, the music sounds like everything else you hear on the radio, except for the annoying opening melody.....just plain, boring, uninspired, pop-strumming. I See these little seventh graders with Trivium T-shirts, calling themselves fans, because they heard that song - Do NOT judge Trivium from that song. But "the Crusade" is quite good.
Bands signed to major labels need singles. The Roadrunner United CD showed that Heafy can be a diverse songwriter, and he wrote a radio song with that single.

Still, I completely disagree that this is emo singing:

Maybe it's a poppy song, but if that's emo singing then 90% of the power metal bands out there are singing in emo tones!

^^ Emo vokills! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trivium!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivium!!!   Trivium!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trivium!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next