Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?

Go down 
+6
brontotex
rattpoison
mc666
Fat Freddy
krokus
Metal Misfit
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Crue was only a "glam" band for one album...even the music on that one was straight up Rock N Roll...

I'm no genre nazi, but I belive Theater of Pain and Dr. Feelgood were glam.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:04 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Crue was only a "glam" band for one album...even the music on that one was straight up Rock N Roll...

Yea, I'm not gonna argue about what genre they fit into, that could take forever. I'm talking about the general consensious (sp?) of the man-on-the-street. When most folks hear the name Motley Crue, they'd think "80's hair band". My dad for example. He doesn't know jack about the music I listen to, but if I asked him about Motley Crue, he'd say "Those guys that looked like girls that you listened to in high school?" It's unfortunate, but sometimes tags like that will stick to a band, no matter how hard they try to distance themselves from it. I'm sure that Nikki hates it, but there is little he can do about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:07 pm

Well, they never should have embraced the glam title in the 80's then the problem wouldn't have followed them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:10 pm

All I know is they could have somehow stayed sober for a little while, they could've been much better. TOP is awful. Girls Girls Girls has like 4 good songs. Dr. Feelgood is decent, and they claim they were sober for that.

The first 2 rule of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

ToP, yes. DF, no...not IMO.

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Mooootley

DF

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Crue_optimized

Crue was one of those bands who changed their image on just about every album...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

spectrefate wrote:
Well, they never should have embraced the glam title in the 80's then the problem wouldn't have followed them.

I'm sure the topic came up and was discussed when they were doing mountains of blow and main-lining Jack Daniels, but they must've forgot about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Shawn, you don't think glam is a sound as well as a look?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I'm sure the topic came up and was discussed when they were doing mountains of blow and main-lining Jack Daniels, but they must've forgot about it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 pm

All I know is they could have somehow stayed sober for a little while, they could've been much better. TOP is awful. Girls Girls Girls has like 4 good songs. Dr. Feelgood is decent, and they claim they were sober for that.

The first 2 rule of course.

I'm with you on that one. The 1st 2 albums are great. After that, they had some good songs, but not good albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I take back that love comment from earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Shawn, you don't think glam is a sound as well as a look?

To a point, but even in that, Crue was always more "Rock N Roll" than "Glam" or "Metal"....they embraced the image moreso than the sound, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I take back that love comment from earlier.

NEVER!! What's said is said! Nothing can ever chage that post. Well, except maybe a moderator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Same Ol' Situation
Rattlesnake Shake
She Goes Down
Girl Don't Go Away Mad
Slice Of Your Pie

Glam city baby.

just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:18 pm

I said I took it back. It doesn't mean I love any less. Sad Now let's stop talking about it. I'm getting upset. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Same Ol' Situation - simple 3-chord Rock N Roll

Rattlesnake Shake - groove Rock

She Goes Down - Aerosmith worship

Girl Don't Go Away Mad - Crue's stab @ AOR (those verses are straight AOR)

Slice Of Your Pie - more Aero-worship

IMO, of course.

If I could point to any Crue song as being "Glam", it would be their "Smokin' In The Boys Room" cover...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, of course.

If I could point to any Crue song as being "Glam", it would be their "Smokin' In The Boys Room" cover...

You're insane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, of course.

You're insane.

You're brainwashed w/ 80s pop culture tags.

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, of course.

You're insane.

Cool

I'm just one of those people who think glam is a sound as well as a look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, of course.

You're insane.

Cool

I'm just one of those people who think glam is a sound as well as a look.

I know...I'm just busting your chops.

I break things down into much finer categories. I used to get in long debates (for the fun of it) with my fellow record store employees about who was "Hair Metal" and who wasn't...used to drive them up a wall. There was one guy who would almost come out of his skin when I'd tell him that Bon Jovi was not Hair Metal...

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Quote :

And you're insane. very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Quote :

And you're insane. very happy

insane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2