Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?

Go down 
+6
brontotex
rattpoison
mc666
Fat Freddy
krokus
Metal Misfit
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Empty
PostSubject: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:54 pm

This was kindly taken from Metal Sludge, who kindly took it from Blabbermouth and kindly didn't link back to the original article (which I could not find, and no I don't care anymore).

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1431&Itemid=42

Quote :

The following was taken from Blabbermouth . netTenth Street Entertainment - which represents MÖTLEY CRÜE — has shot down as (at least partially) "blatantly false and completely unfounded" Internet rumors that CRÜE will headline a festival-type tour called "Cruefest", with support from several other artists from the Tenth Street management stable, including BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, SIXX: A.M. and DROWNING POOL. According to Tenth Street, CRÜE's April 15 press conference/announcement in Los Angeles will relate to "a few" (but presumably not all) of the following artists:

MÖTLEY CRÜE
ATREYU
SAVING ABEL
SHINEDOWN
CHEVELLE
APOCALYPTICA
THE EXIES
PUDDLE OF MUDD
STAIND
GODSMACK
DROWNING POOL
THEORY OF DEADMAN
THREE DAYS GRACE
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
SIXX: A.M.
TRAPT
SEETHER
FLYLEAF
BUCKCHERRY
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
RED
BELLE & SEBASTIAN
PETE YORN
THE WALLFLOWERS
3 DOORS DOWN

All four members of CRÜE will be present at the April 15 press conference at a location yet to be determined for what the release hyped as "by far...one of the biggest music announcements of the year!!" The band is also launching a contest in which one grand prize winner from each major city in the country will be flown to Los Angeles to cover the announcement, complete with a chance to interview the band and have the interview broadcast live. Details can be found at the official CRÜE site.

A "video teaser" for the press conference/contest — which appears to contain images of MÖTLEY CRÜE, BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH and SIXX: A.M. — can be viewed online.

MÖTLEY CRÜE is currently working on its ninth studio album and first featuring all four original members since 1997's "Generation Swine". Bassist Nikki Sixx said in an online posting, "Tommy's (Lee, drums) kickin' ass, Vince (Neil, vocals) sounds insane and (Mick) Mars is shredding on guitars. It doesn't feel like one song is better or worse than any other. It feels so good to be excited about something you've worked on so hard...I'm so excited for you all to hear it."

The album, titled "The Dirt" after the group's memoir of the same name, is tentatively due out on July 8.

Interesting... Sounds good to me. If something comes of this, I think it's a great idea for Motley to associate with the younger bands. Not sure how Pete Yorn & Wallflowers would fit in though. Smile

I'd love to see a Crue/Buckcherry show. I'd like to see Puddle of Mudd and Avenged Sevenfold on that bill as well.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:47 am

Why bands like MOTLEY CRUE, when they organize a festival don´t bring some old school sounding hard rock and heavy metal bands???. Not old bands but newer bands like LECHERY, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, SHAMELESS, and a long etc...???? Those bands are better for the MOTLEY CRUE fan and they deserve some atention too. Are MOTLEY CRUE afraid and thats why they have shi-t bands on their festival???? can somebody explain????
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:14 am

krokus wrote:
Why bands like MOTLEY CRUE, when they organize a festival don´t bring some old school sounding hard rock and heavy metal bands???. Not old bands but newer bands like LECHERY, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, SHAMELESS, and a long etc...???? Those bands are better for the MOTLEY CRUE fan and they deserve some atention too. Are MOTLEY CRUE afraid and thats why they have shi-t bands on their festival???? can somebody explain????

I bet they're afraid if they brought out some of the newer bands like Hardcore Superstar or Crashdiet, then the young guns would be blowin' their tired asses off the stage every night of the tour. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:23 pm

krokus wrote:

I'm with you somewhat. I don't think all the bands listed are horrible, as I mentioned above, there's some I'd like to see.

But I'd love to see the veteran bands bring along the young bands that still have the same vibe and style. There's so many great bands right now that have that "old school" 80s hard rock sound while still sounding a touch modern (Vains of Jenna, Hardcore Superstar, Crashdiet). Let'em open the show and then Motley can bring in the popular rock radio bands.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:28 pm

krokus wrote:
maybe they just wanted a tour with some bands that they like

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:25 pm

I agree FAT FREDDY, totaly agree METAL MISFIT, they could do so much for our movement if they put some of our bands on stage with them.
MC666, thats possible.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 am

It's official.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/0415cru.shtml

Motley, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx AM, Trapt. Not a bad line up although I don't care either way about Trapt.

I'm going to the 7/15 Detroit show.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I bet they're afraid if they brought out some of the newer bands like Hardcore Superstar or Crashdiet, then the young guns would be blowin' their tired asses off the stage every night of the tour. Laughing

I'd go further and say a fly would blow those sorry pretenders off the stage.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:24 am

I highly doubt that the members of Motley Crue have much to do with deciding who's on the tour. That's all done at the corporate level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
It's official.

Motley, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx AM, Trapt. Not a bad line up although I don't care either way about Trapt.

Could have been a lot worse...my son wants to go...he likes Crue & Papa Roach...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 am

brontotex wrote:
I highly doubt that the members of Motley Crue have much to do with deciding who's on the tour. That's all done at the corporate level.

I bet Nikki had his hands all over it...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:42 am

Just got my tickets for the Detroit show! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:47 am

I think this will great as long as Motley are the ones who initiated it. These days, they seem to do well only when it's their show. I saw them twice in 2006, once on the Canadian extension of Carnival of Sins and again on Route of all Evil (with AEROSMITH 🤘 ). Motley was incredible on Carnival; it was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. However, on Route they were pretty bad. I mean, the show was fine, but nothing impressive; they were just on autopilot. Vince, in particular, was so lazy, missing, or skipping, every second word and hardly moving around the stage. And, some ques were missed. Mick actually played the solo in Dr.Feelgood twice, once while the rest of the band was still playing the bridge section rhythym. That actually sounded kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:04 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
I think this will great as long as Motley are the ones who initiated it. These days, they seem to do well only when it's their show. I saw them twice in 2006, once on the Canadian extension of Carnival of Sins and again on Route of all Evil (with AEROSMITH 🤘 ).

The Carnival of Sin tour was absolutely amazing. I saw them as well and it was the best live performance I've ever seen. A total feast for the eyes as well.

The only part that was bad was Mick's solo. Sounded like a cat scratching on a guitar.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Did anyone catch the Crue on Jimmy Kimmel last night? They played the new single and at the end of the show they did Kickstart My Heart with all the singers from the openers on their upcoming tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
brontotex wrote:

I bet Nikki had his hands all over it...

Yeah, these are the bands he probably thinks are massively popular. Shame it's not 2002 anymore. confused
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:04 pm

[quote="Metal Misfit"]This was kindly taken from Metal Sludge, who kindly took it from Blabbermouth and kindly didn't link back to the original article (which I could not find, and no I don't care anymore).

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1431&Itemid=42

Quote :

The following was taken from Blabbermouth . netTenth Street Entertainment - which represents MÖTLEY CRÜE — has shot down as (at least partially) "blatantly false and completely unfounded" Internet rumors that CRÜE will headline a festival-type tour called "Cruefest", with support from several other artists from the Tenth Street management stable, including BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, SIXX: A.M. and DROWNING POOL. According to Tenth Street, CRÜE's April 15 press conference/announcement in Los Angeles will relate to "a few" (but presumably not all) of the following artists:

MÖTLEY CRÜE
ATREYU
SAVING ABEL
SHINEDOWN
CHEVELLE
APOCALYPTICA
THE EXIES
PUDDLE OF MUDD
STAIND
GODSMACK
DROWNING POOL
THEORY OF DEADMAN
THREE DAYS GRACE
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
SIXX: A.M.
TRAPT
SEETHER
FLYLEAF
BUCKCHERRY
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
RED
BELLE & SEBASTIAN
PETE YORN
THE WALLFLOWERS
3 DOORS DOWN

All four members of CRÜE will be present at the April 15 press conference at a location yet to be determined for what the release hyped as "by far...one of the biggest music announcements of the year!!" The band is also launching a contest in which one grand prize winner from each major city in the country will be flown to Los Angeles to cover the announcement, complete with a chance to interview the band and have the interview broadcast live. Details can be found at the official CRÜE site.

A "video teaser" for the press conference/contest — which appears to contain images of MÖTLEY CRÜE, BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH and SIXX: A.M. — can be viewed online.

MÖTLEY CRÜE is currently working on its ninth studio album and first featuring all four original members since 1997's "Generation Swine". Bassist Nikki Sixx said in an online posting, "Tommy's (Lee, drums) kickin' ass, Vince (Neil, vocals) sounds insane and (Mick) Mars is shredding on guitars. It doesn't feel like one song is better or worse than any other. It feels so good to be excited about something you've worked on so hard...I'm so excited for you all to hear it."

The album, titled "The Dirt" after the group's memoir of the same name, is tentatively due out on July 8.

I like 2 of those bands and Motley isn't one of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Great they are doing a fest but IMO I think they are clueless as to what is around and afraid they might get shown up, that's me though!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
It's official.

Could have been a lot worse...my son wants to go...he likes Crue & Papa Roach...
Papa Roach put on an outstanding show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Trigger wrote:
Yeah, these are the bands he probably thinks are massively popular. Shame it's not 2002 anymore. confused
Um...Papa Roach is massively popular, and Buckcherry is now more popular than they've ever been (thanks to that vapid single).
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:00 am

Eyesore wrote:

Um...Papa Roach is massively popular, and Buckcherry is now more popular than they've ever been (thanks to that vapid single).

Yep. Sixx AM is pretty popular and Trapt gets a lot of radio play as well. My fiancee told me I HAD to get tickets because she's a Papa Roach fan (she also likes the Sixx AM single and 'Crazy Bitch'). So there ya go, I think this tour will do well and bring in a lot of people that may normally not take an interest in Motley.

I don't think it's such a stretch for Motley to tour with any of these bands, no matter who picked'em (though you better believe Nikki had SOME say in the matter). It's a nice collection of popular modern hard rock bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 am

I hear Papa Roach, Trapt, Sixx AM & Buckcherry on the radio all the time around here...heard them all yesterday as a matter of fact...Nikki picked a good roster of current Rock to head out with...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:09 am

I like Buckcherry and that Sixx AM cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:34 am

krokus wrote:
I agree FAT FREDDY, totaly agree METAL MISFIT, they could do so much for our movement if they put some of our bands on stage with them.
MC666, thats possible.

I think Freddy right on some level as well as I could see Nikki not wanting it to seem like some "Glam-Fest 2008". He's another one that kinda shys away from the band's glam/hair band label.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:47 am

Crue was only a "glam" band for one album...even the music on that one was straight up Rock N Roll...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?   Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Motley "Cruefest" in the works?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next