Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Stryper album in the works...

Go down 
+20
Troublezone
glassprison
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Gilbert
bgsully
Thrasher73
Dark Horseman
DevZor
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
ultmetal
MetallicSeminarian
Lurideath
Glower
nevermore
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New Stryper album in the works... Empty
PostSubject: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 am

Michael Sweet announced a few days ago via Facebook that writing for the new Stryper record is finished, and the band will start pre-production on February 1st.

There's no album title or any other details yet... but Michael sez the album will feature 12 new songs and one cover tune, and he's "very excited" about one song he worked on with Clint Lowery of Sevendust, for whatever that's worth.

I really enjoyed the last album (and also Second Coming and the covers album), the boys have been on a roll of late. Bring it on!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 pm

They have been cranking out the albums lately!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Must be trying to make up for those 15 years of inactivity. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:35 pm

15 years of back sliding !
Repent Michael Sweet angry
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 pm

cool. I liked the last 2 albums. I hope Oz lets loose on the solo's because he's an AMAZING guitarist.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:14 pm

If it's near the level of NMHTP, I'll be thrilled. That's tied with Against the Law as my favorite Stryper.

And I agree that Oz needs to wail.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Looking forward to it. The last one was very good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Not A fan...
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 3:40 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Not A fan...

Shun the non believer!!!! angry
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Even close to NMHTP and it'll be great.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 1:39 am

It's a no brainer for this fanboy.

Yeah I saw when he posted that on Facebook.He said they wrote NMHTP in 2 weeks and this one in just a week.Amazing!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 7:14 am

Loved NMHTP! I'll bet the new one will be great,  as well.  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:47 am

I want this one.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 am

Yes, recent albums, including covers, were great.
Should be good if they continue on the current streak.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:49 am

Updated info...

Christian hard rockers STRYPER entered SpiritHouse Recording Studios in Northampton, Massachusetts earlier in the month to begin recording their new album, "Fallen", for a late 2015 release via Frontiers.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:55 am

Music is tracked...Michael has to sing it now then mix & master.

Michael cracked me up on FB today...listed Black Sabbath as one of his favorite Christian Metal bands...some people are like "What?!?!" Haha!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Michael Sweet posted a few samples - sounds pretty good to me, an extension of the last album (which is a good thing IMHO)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Awesome! Saw these guys last summer and it was a great show.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Stryper/Michael Sweet has been killing it for the last few years. Seems like they are busier than every. I wonder if this will be as heavy as the last one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Music is tracked...Michael has to sing it now then mix & master.

Michael cracked me up on FB today...listed Black Sabbath as one of his favorite Christian Metal bands...some people are like "What?!?!" Haha!!

He loves them so much they are going to cover After Forever. That should be great!!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:17 pm

I wouldn't even include it in my top 50 favorite Black Sabbath songs, but I'll be interested to hear their version. I tend to find that Stryper's covers improve on songs I don't normally care for. On the contrary, I generally don't enjoy their covers of songs I do like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I saw that... funny as hell.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Cover for Fallen...

New Stryper album in the works... Stryperfallenart

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Going for another European power metal cover like last time, I see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper album in the works...   New Stryper album in the works... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper album in the works...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: